Loma Linda help!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Don

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
can someone please post the secondary questions for the loma linda app 2003-2004, in other words this year's application cycle. I NEEDED ASAP!!! thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Dr. Don did you get in? I could get them later on but I don't have them in my apartment right now.

no man I didn't (yet) but they're questioning some of my answers and when I printed out my secondary I didn't have enough ink so it just printed the answers and not the questions :( and I have to give them a call tomorrow to clarify things....totally painful process I tell you. Does anyone have the questions PLEASE HELP!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
You're in luck! I have the q's even though I didn't apply :p

1. Describe the extent and source of your knowledge of Loma Linda University School of Medicine (LLUSM)?

2. What makes LLUSM particularly attractive to you?

3. What traits make you a desirable candidate for admission to LLUSM?

4. This school is a Seventh-day Adventist institution. The curriculum integrates ethical and relational issues from a Christian perspective into the practice of medicine. Weekly chapel services are part of this program. Please respond to the above as it relates to your personal educational and career goals.

b) If accepted to LLUSM, are you willing to abide by the lifestyle policies of Loma Linda University School of Medicine while enrolled as a student?

Dr. Don said:
no man I didn't (yet) but they're questioning some of my answers and when I printed out my secondary I didn't have enough ink so it just printed the answers and not the questions :( and I have to give them a call tomorrow to clarify things....totally painful process I tell you. Does anyone have the questions PLEASE HELP!!!
Really? Maybe they're meeting again and it's another chance for us to get in. The questions above by redstar are correct I think, although I thought I remembered 6 on it but I may be wrong.

haha. im still waiting for an interview. i called last week and they said there is still a chance for me to get an interview..."they are making some final decisions on some files, you should hear by mail very soon."

redstar18 said:
You're in luck! I have the q's even though I didn't apply :p

1. Describe the extent and source of your knowledge of Loma Linda University School of Medicine (LLUSM)?

2. What makes LLUSM particularly attractive to you?

3. What traits make you a desirable candidate for admission to LLUSM?

4. This school is a Seventh-day Adventist institution. The curriculum integrates ethical and relational issues from a Christian perspective into the practice of medicine. Weekly chapel services are part of this program. Please respond to the above as it relates to your personal educational and career goals.

b) If accepted to LLUSM, are you willing to abide by the lifestyle policies of Loma Linda University School of Medicine while enrolled as a student?

5. Do you fellowship regularly with a church or religious group.
a. if yes, identify the name of the church or religious group
b. with what organization/denomination does it most closely identify. name
c. describe your relationship with that church or religious group.
d. if a member of a church, please provide the name of your pastor or other clergy and his numbers.

6. LLU is a SDA institution that has lifestyle expecations including abstinece from alcohol, tobacco and illicit drugs/substances in all forms.
a during the past year have you used any of the above substances
b. if accepted to llusm, are you willing to abide by the lifestyle policies of llus while enrolled as a student.

7. References. list names and titles of those who wrote you lor's.

dr don, everything cool? i hope that was not too late for you. good luck!

docmemi said:
haha. im still waiting for an interview. i called last week and they said there is still a chance for me to get an interview..."they are making some final decisions on some files, you should hear by mail very soon."
I hope they make a good final decision on my file. :scared:

Yes I thought there were more questions.

whoops! thanks for the correction :)

Wow, I wish they would call and ask me more about my questions! I wasn't about to lie on my secondary, so I indicated that I had taken a couple of drinks of alcohol, but it wasn't regular, and it definitely didn't total more than a single glass if you put it all together. I could have lied but I DIDN'T! Unranked alternate list for me... :( Good luck Adapt. :luck: Let us know if you get the/a letter!

Spitting Camel said:
Wow, I wish they would call and ask me more about my questions! I wasn't about to lie on my secondary, so I indicated that I had taken a couple of drinks of alcohol, but it wasn't regular, and it definitely didn't total more than a single glass if you put it all together. I could have lied but I DIDN'T! Unranked alternate list for me... :( Good luck Adapt. :luck: Let us know if you get the/a letter!
I know it seems like they're really interested in you, Dr. Don, if they asked you questions about your secondary. Well, I do hope that it's a waitlist letter if I do get anything.

So does Loma Linda have a ranked alternate list vs unranked alternate list? By mentioning the word unranked makes it seem like there exists a ranked one. Maybe not though.

I'm thinking the unranked list is really a ranked one. How could you not prefer some students over others? I know of only one person who got rejected, ashes, but all of the rest of the apps cannot be equally attractive to them, right? I wonder if they are reviewed every month? I wish UCI would get back to me already so I can write a LOI to LLU. There's no way I would write one to both schools at the same time!

Darn honesty. That's what got me into this mess in the first place! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
hasn't everyone taken atleast one drink? What are they expecting with that question..

JustD0it said:
hasn't everyone taken atleast one drink? What are they expecting with that question..

I know so many people who lied and said never! And these are habitual smokers and drinkers, nonetheless! What can I do... at the end of the day, I have to look at myself in the mirror.

Spitting Camel said:
I know so many people who lied and said never! And these are habitual smokers and drinkers, nonetheless! What can I do... at the end of the day, I have to look at myself in the mirror.
yeah i know...
i know a student there who lied on every single question on that sheet.
she had a SDA friend who basically filled out her app.
oh well. there are some people who can live with that.
i cant.

thanks guys!!! the question they are asking me about is 5d. I put an elder's name in my church and they're questioning me in regards to that, because they thought that person was the pastor of my church, which she's not, so they called my pastor asking him some questions about my file, so he talked to me about that. I didn't put my pastor's name in the application because I thought they wanted someone from the church who knows me VERY well, not just THE Pastor's name. I'll call tomorrow and hopefully there won't be any problems....wish me luck people :)

well I called and was able to clarify things with them, HOWEVER it seemed like it didn't matter afterall, because at the end of my conversation, Ms. Edwards said that they have made some decisions on files and that letters have been sent out and I should be receiving something in the mail :( don't know what to think of that, because apparently if you get accepted they call you right? so has anyone been accepted without getting a phone call or email before the actual letter is received??? I guess I'm getting anxious. I really liked Loma Linda and anything lower than an acceptance will really make me want to pursue other schools, because deadlines are coming up and I have to look for an apartment, settle financial aid, etc, and I don't want to do all these things in the last minute....you guys know what I mean right? so any feedback?

Well everyone that has been accepted upto this point has received a call. Maybe they changed the procedure but I don't know. I think both of us may probably be waitlisted or even rejected.

As far as financial aid, you can still get that ball rolling at other schools. Looking for an apartment is tough though because there's always the chance you'll get into another school. All I can tell is to go with the flow.

Hey Dr. Don:

They gave you an interview and then started questioning what you had put on the secondary?

hey deltaco, well it's not like they started questioning everything in my file, but I guess it seemed kind of odd for them to see an elder's name instead of a pastor's name in question 5d. I told them that I thought that question was more in regards to a reference that knows me very well, not just THE Pastor's name, which he does know me, but not as much as the person I named. But just so you know, they do check everything in your secondary to make sure that you are not Bsing them. It's totally understandable, and Ms. Edwards said it was "no big deal" they just wanted to check, as they always do with 7th day Adventists. I just wanted to clarify that because it seemed like a big deal according to my pastor...now I don't know if that letter that has been sent out is good news or bad..... :confused: did you apply to loma linda del taco?