2023-2024 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when does loma linda typically stop sending out II? asking for a friend lol help
They said the last batch of interview invites they are sending is at the beginning of March. Apparently, they are also sending interviews periodically throughout Feb but I guess the invitees are not sharing their status with us here!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Any acceptances today? Interviewed in Oct. but still haven't heard anything :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Received the acceptance around 5 pm today. Interviewed 12/13. I couldn’t be happier!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they send interview invites throughout the month or only on a certain week/day etc?

Does anyone know if they send interview invites throughout the month or only on a certain week/day etc?
They say they have no particular pattern but they only interview through march so if by beginning of that we don’t hear anything it’s a rejection basically

• Wow
The pace of IIs here is ridiculous, what is seriously going on in San Bernardino County for them to be this slow

The mindset LLU wants in its pre-II applicants:

Hold On Waiting GIF by Fleischer Studios

It's mind games y'all.....on a side note, I'm giving myself too much time to mess around with these GIFs

• Haha
I'm sure this thread suffers from the fact that most people who are applying here aren't on SDN.
The mindset LLU wants in its pre-II applicants:

Hold On Waiting GIF by Fleischer Studios

It's mind games y'all.....on a side note, I'm giving myself too much time to mess around with these GIFs
LMAO. Keep it up with the gifs.

Members don't see this ad :)
secondary submitted in july and finally got the interview request today! definitely going slow but ive heard theyre conducting interviews through march, you guys got this!

Reactions: 4 users
2ndary submitted 1st week of August. IS II earlier this afternoon. Best wishes to everyone 🙏

Reactions: 5 users
for the current students, i was curious how clinical rotations work. how difficult is it to choose to do it at an offsite location (kaiser, hollywood presbyterian, etc) would you be able to do the whole year at this site or would you have to be back and forth
Quite sure that you have to rotate at Loma affiliated sites (for core rotations in MS3 and MS4). MS4 has a lot of elective time where you will spend time doing aways that you apply for via VSLO. I'm military, so I will be doing primarily military rotations in addition to my other requirements. Hope this answers your question!

I highly recommend joining us at AHO!! Our experience as regional campus students has been amazing. Like they literally take too good care of us :)

I'm sure this thread suffers from the fact that most people who are applying here aren't on SDN.

LMAO. Keep it up with the gifs.
LMAO willing to bet that most people on here are not adventist haha.

Most people I know that are adventist ONLY apply to Loma and get in...its a crazy life they've got going hahaha

Also just a little update for everyone. Loma just went through the LCGME site visit (essentially the national governing board that accredits medical schools). Sounds like everything went really well!!

For those who don't know, this happens every 8 years at medical schools for the maintenance of their accreditation. It's a big deal when the LCGME comes for their site visit because the literally spend days/weeks combing through everything at the school making sure everything education related is up to par.

As students there was nothing for us to worry about, just thought I'd share this for all those naysayers who like to hate on Loma. Do yourself a favor and disregard 80% of the hate that Loma gets online. It's a great school with great affiliated hospital systems that will prepare you to be an excellent physician. 20% of the hate is probably legit, but even then, no medical school is "perfect".

Anyways, congrats to everyone with the acceptances so far. For those waitlisted or rejected, remember it's not the end...just take the next right step and hope/pray for the best. There will always be something harder you will encounter in your life, and the way you respond to adversity now can define how you face challenges in the future. Regardless, I'm beyond proud of you all for working hard and persevering on this long road of medical education.

Like always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions. I'm pretty sporadic at checking SDN while on rotations, but I do my best to get back to y'all!

May I inquire about the following fact checks?

1. What is the failure rate in the first year? I've observed that it's quite high, around 10%.
  2. Regarding the second year, what is the failure rate? I've heard there is a specific class,pathology(?), where 50% of the students fail and must retake it. Moreover, is it true that the exam focuses on concepts that are considered low yield for the USMLE? Are both claims accurate: a 50% failure rate for the class and the emphasis on low-yield USMLE topics?
  3. I understand that there are religious courses required in the first two years. How challenging are these courses? Do you feel you have enough time daily? I'm concerned that taking additional courses and attending Chapel might detract from studying for other subjects.
  4. I heard from a friend of a friend who is an LLU student that he was 5 minutes late to a class or surgery room, and the doctor threw a scalpel at him, nearly causing injury. While I know experiences vary from person to person, do you think such incidents are common and something we should expect as LLU students?
  5. How is the residency matching process? I've been unable to find this information and even after watching their match day video, I couldn't gather the details I was looking for.
  6. I heard there are students who have past years exams and most exam questions never changed which is violating their academic integrity. How many percentage of the class do you think students are kinda "cheating" and found out you are doing unfair games on academics?

@Topwaterfrog01 @VizinnisGhost

Last edited by a moderator:
does Loma Linda take update letters/letters of interest? Im a Non-SDA christian and would love to attend this school.

does Loma Linda take update letters/letters of interest? Im a Non-SDA christian and would love to attend this school.
I'm on the bandwagon. Feel like Non-SDA Christians are really far back in the line of priority, at least with getting IIs

I called them yesterday, and they said they are winding down on the interviews..... she said by April everybody will hear a response, meaning it's a silent rejection if an invitation is not received until then.

Reactions: 1 user
I called them yesterday, and they said they are winding down on the interviews..... she said by April everybody will hear a response, meaning it's a silent rejection if an invitation is not received until then.
Winding down on what interviews

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Things are pretty quiet…for more schools than just LLU. Anyone got ideas on what to do with their time? Social life over a gap year is not it & been keeping myself busy with work but that can only go for so long

does LLU even send interview invites in march or is the cycle basically over now?

I think it's over now, to be honest. I think that's what they said. Unfortunate, but whatever :(
wait I just looked & someone did get an II last year march 4th 😂 so maybe still a few left?? lol

I'm holding hope. LLU just plays hard to get

• Haha
I'm holding hope. LLU just plays hard to get
I actually personally know people who got interview invites in March the last several cycles!
wait I just looked & someone did get an II last year march 4th 😂 so maybe still a few left?? lol
HAHA im not trying to be that guy but after so long of simping after LLU, my heart is broken...I just wanna get in LLUSM if u know what im sayinnn .... "Hard to get" is a wild one LOOOOOL

I got the call this evening! What a wonderful surprise. I interviewed way back in September. I saw in previous threads that some people also interviewed very early and got the A in March. For future applicants who end up in a similar boat, try not to worry too much ;)
(Low GPA/High MCAT + SDA applicant + non-SDA undergrad)

Emailed yesterday to get a status update and then got the pre-II R today 💀

• Care
II today. I am shocked and super happy. :happy:🎉

InState II yesterday as well. Good luck to us all interviewing this March! Cycle ain't over till it's over!

I think LLU forgot about my II.....well, they have been for a while

"Hope is a better choice"

• Care