2023-2024 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any RD IIs?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Which campus has the best rotations? the one in CA or the ohio one? Does anyone know anything about the campuses?
Kettering in Ohio is great as is AdventHealth in Orlando. AdventhHealth has been nothing but amazing to us as med students. I highly highly recommend signing up for the regional campus if you have the opportunity!

Hey everyone I have a question about the behavioral expectations question . I am a non SDA Christian . I am very devout in my faith and active in my church . I do however drink wine on occasion if I’m out to dinner or at an event like a wedding. I don’t drink often but I feel reluctant to even submit my secondary because I’m wondering if this will be looked at negatively and detour them from considering me for an II . Does anyone have any experience with this ?
Much of what is in the handbook is policies that Loma Linda has to state if they want to remain a part of the Adventist Church (and receive their backing and funding). If it wasn't stated, Loma Linda would not be the Adventist institution it claims to be.

This being said, no one cares what you do or drink. No one will be showing up at your house to see if you are "complying". A large number of people in our class drinks and I know people who also participate in other stated "prohibited activities". I wouldn't recommend drinking or smoking in front of faculty or on school property, but I wouldn't let the stated policies deter you from applying or living your life.

Loma Linda has parties just like every other medical school, but they are just more on the down-low and often hosted by private individuals. People who have no idea like to chalk Loma Linda up as some stringent Adventist school when it simply is not. Act professional like you would in any other medical school environment dealing with other medical professionals at school and when at work, but your time and what you do with it is still your own.

Reactions: 1 user
Did y'all just get a "Secondary Application Received" email or a complete email too?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh great, I’ve only got the application received part … welp now for the waiting game.

I got my secondary received + the complete email the same day I submitted 2 months ago…

does anyone know when in November LLU typically starts RD A’s?

Reactions: 1 users
Loma Linda, where's my II attttttt??!?!?

I submitted like last week but hey, I'm hungry for IIs
cookie monster GIF by Sesame Street

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Is 11/16 a day Loma send out A's? I heard something about third Thursday of each month from the fourms last year.

Just got the A call😭. The way I have been sitting by the phone all day 🥴. Sending prayers for everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I am SDA and I submitted my secondary for LLUSM on October 5th. I have not heard anything back from them and I am starting to stress about it slightly. I am wondering if it's too late and if I should start thinking about the next cycle, or even maybe start studying for the MCAT again.

I am SDA and I submitted my secondary for LLUSM on October 5th. I have not heard anything back from them and I am starting to stress about it slightly. I am wondering if it's too late and if I should start thinking about the next cycle, or even maybe start studying for the MCAT again.
What was your MCAT?

Secondary complete 8/17, Lizzy M69, Christian (Non-SDA, but Devout) No Interview Invite yet, is it over ? :(

Secondary complete 8/17, Lizzy M69, Christian (Non-SDA, but Devout) No Interview Invite yet, is it over ? :(
Same stats and religion but Secondary complete 7/20 with no II, I'm still holding out hope I guess

I spent so much time on the secondary hahah.. I really love this school so this sucks

Reactions: 1 users
I spent so much time on the secondary hahah.. I really love this school so this sucks
when I called them they said they send out invites until March so we still have hope I am holding on too.....

Same stats and religion but Secondary complete 7/20 with no II, I'm still holding out hope I guess
They sent the secondary app to everyone...are you sure you didn't receive it? go check the junk or trash inbox in your email. The deadline for secondary application submission was Nov 15th. Call them and ask real quick!

They sent the secondary app to everyone...are you sure you didn't receive it? go check the junk or trash inbox in your email. The deadline for secondary application submission was Nov 15th. Call them and ask real quick!
I’ve been complete since 7/20 with my secondary...

Last edited:
Do any current students know how we can learn more about your school? Are there virtual advising or informational sessions we can attend?