You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Loma Linda
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Not me.
have they sent out any post secondary Rs or IIs
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Doesn't seem like it. Pretty quiet here.have they sent out any post secondary Rs or IIs
Kettering in Ohio is great as is AdventHealth in Orlando. AdventhHealth has been nothing but amazing to us as med students. I highly highly recommend signing up for the regional campus if you have the opportunity!Which campus has the best rotations? the one in CA or the ohio one? Does anyone know anything about the campuses?
Much of what is in the handbook is policies that Loma Linda has to state if they want to remain a part of the Adventist Church (and receive their backing and funding). If it wasn't stated, Loma Linda would not be the Adventist institution it claims to be.Hey everyone I have a question about the behavioral expectations question . I am a non SDA Christian . I am very devout in my faith and active in my church . I do however drink wine on occasion if I’m out to dinner or at an event like a wedding. I don’t drink often but I feel reluctant to even submit my secondary because I’m wondering if this will be looked at negatively and detour them from considering me for an II . Does anyone have any experience with this ?
This being said, no one cares what you do or drink. No one will be showing up at your house to see if you are "complying". A large number of people in our class drinks and I know people who also participate in other stated "prohibited activities". I wouldn't recommend drinking or smoking in front of faculty or on school property, but I wouldn't let the stated policies deter you from applying or living your life.
Loma Linda has parties just like every other medical school, but they are just more on the down-low and often hosted by private individuals. People who have no idea like to chalk Loma Linda up as some stringent Adventist school when it simply is not. Act professional like you would in any other medical school environment dealing with other medical professionals at school and when at work, but your time and what you do with it is still your own.
RD II! LM ~70
Congrats!RD II! LM ~70
D
deleted1139705
Loma Ligma lol
medgirl12345
Full Member
Congrats! When did you submit your secondary?RD II! LM ~70
I was complete mid-julyCongrats! When did you submit your secondary?
jessicat10119
Full Member
oos interview today!
complete date?oos interview today!
jessicat10119
Full Member
7/25complete date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wondering about this tooDid y'all just get a "Secondary Application Received" email or a complete email too?
I didn’t get a secondary complete but did get a “application in review” email.Wondering about this too
does anyone know when in November LLU typically starts RD A’s?
freefoodfriend
Full Member
Congrats!! I hope the II goes well. Mind sharing stats and complete date?IS II received.
bwxxy
bxxy
Thank you. LM 73. URM. Complete 7/18.Congrats!! I hope the II goes well. Mind sharing stats and complete date?
PMD123123123
New Member
Is 11/16 a day Loma send out A's? I heard something about third Thursday of each month from the fourms last year.
I believe so! It would be great news prior to thanksgiving.Is 11/16 a day Loma send out A's? I heard something about third Thursday of each month from the fourms last year.
does LLU usually call around 5 PST?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PMD123123123
New Member
Mind if I ask when did you interview and whats your LM?Just got the A call😭. The way I have been sitting by the phone all day 🥴. Sending prayers for everyone!
Just got the A as well!
shells1
Full Member
congrats!!Just got the A as well!
D
deleted1178458
I am SDA and I submitted my secondary for LLUSM on October 5th. I have not heard anything back from them and I am starting to stress about it slightly. I am wondering if it's too late and if I should start thinking about the next cycle, or even maybe start studying for the MCAT again.
What was your MCAT?I am SDA and I submitted my secondary for LLUSM on October 5th. I have not heard anything back from them and I am starting to stress about it slightly. I am wondering if it's too late and if I should start thinking about the next cycle, or even maybe start studying for the MCAT again.
whatsupdoc28
Full Member
Secondary complete 8/17, Lizzy M69, Christian (Non-SDA, but Devout) No Interview Invite yet, is it over ? 🙁
star_platinum
Full Member
Same stats and religion but Secondary complete 7/20 with no II, I'm still holding out hope I guessSecondary complete 8/17, Lizzy M69, Christian (Non-SDA, but Devout) No Interview Invite yet, is it over ? 🙁
whatsupdoc28
Full Member
I spent so much time on the secondary hahah.. I really love this school so this sucks
star_platinum
Full Member
best of luck to ya friendI spent so much time on the secondary hahah.. I really love this school so this sucks
dang are they almost done sending out IIs or something ?
DR.HALAL
Full Member
when I called them they said they send out invites until March so we still have hope I am holding on too.....I spent so much time on the secondary hahah.. I really love this school so this sucks
DR.HALAL
Full Member
They sent the secondary app to everyone...are you sure you didn't receive it? go check the junk or trash inbox in your email. The deadline for secondary application submission was Nov 15th. Call them and ask real quick!Same stats and religion but Secondary complete 7/20 with no II, I'm still holding out hope I guess
star_platinum
Full Member
I’ve been complete since 7/20 with my secondary...They sent the secondary app to everyone...are you sure you didn't receive it? go check the junk or trash inbox in your email. The deadline for secondary application submission was Nov 15th. Call them and ask real quick!
Last edited:
SarahJayjay
Full Member
Wow not a lot of movement here huh?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah super quietWow not a lot of movement here huh?
prayin we get some IIs and As soon 🙏
PMD123123123
New Member
Next round is the 14th?
SarahJayjay
Full Member
Is that what happened last month?Next round is the 14th?
itsokbirdy
Full Member
Do any current students know how we can learn more about your school? Are there virtual advising or informational sessions we can attend?