2023-2024 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone explain what is up with the weekly rounds? Are those the dates that the school sends out invitations?

Members don't see this ad.

Dude it’s kind of frustrating how they have next to no movement here. Is it just me or are schools generally slower this year??

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
dannggg i interviewed 10/9, i hope i dont get axed

Hi everyone! I'm new to SDN, but I interviewed 11/29 and got my acceptance call on 12/14.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone! I'm new to SDN, but I interviewed 11/29 and got my acceptance call on 12/14.
Congrats! If you don’t mind my asking: are you SDA? Do you know your LM? And when were you complete?

Reactions: 1 users
Last edited:
Guys I am starting to lose hope. This thread is very slow and in general I feel like this cycle schools have been much slower. I was submitted on Oct 13th and I have not heard anything back since. Is there still hope for me? This is my first cycle and I tell you - this waiting game sucksssssssss. LOMA LINDA COME ONNNNNN

Reactions: 2 users
Guys I am starting to lose hope. This thread is very slow and in general I feel like this cycle schools have been much slower. I was submitted on Oct 13th and I have not heard anything back since. Is there still hope for me? This is my first cycle and I tell you - this waiting game sucksssssssss. LOMA LINDA COME ONNNNNN
In the same boat but submitted mid-July 😭

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I feel like this cycle doesn’t match up at all with previous years, at least based on forums

• Hmm
just received an interview invitation! i was marked complete on 9/7

Reactions: 6 users
for anyone who has interviewed here, is there any advice you can give? how was the overall vibe of the interview?

for anyone who has interviewed here, is there any advice you can give? how was the overall vibe of the interview?
How many days after the invitation did you book your interview? I am curious to know how long usually someone has!

Which campus has the best rotations? the one in CA or the ohio one? Does anyone know anything about the campuses?
I am a AdventHealth Regional Campus student as well. Very well connected within my class so I stay in touch with people who stayed at Loma and people in Kettering. Our experience here is by far significantly better. We are treated better, our education is great, and there is a $60,000 tuition stipend that was just confirmed out through the class of 2028 (maybe further, but I think they determine that on a year by year basis)

I personally think it's a no brainer to come to AdventHealth Orlando!

Hey everyone I have a question about the behavioral expectations question . I am a non SDA Christian . I am very devout in my faith and active in my church . I do however drink wine on occasion if I’m out to dinner or at an event like a wedding. I don’t drink often but I feel reluctant to even submit my secondary because I’m wondering if this will be looked at negatively and detour them from considering me for an II . Does anyone have any experience with this ?
To be honest, a majority of students at LLU drink and probably indicated that they do not on their application. I really don't think it matters and it very likely will not come up in your interview

And t
Do any current students know how we can learn more about your school? Are there virtual advising or informational sessions we can attend?
To be honest I do not think so. There is an open house coming up for all the schools including the school of medicine, so maybe that. Not entirely sure though. I am happy to answer any questions that y'all might have though. I try to check periodically on here when I get a breather between rotations haha

Don't sweat it. I know it's nerve-wracking, we all went through the same miserable process. Retrospectively, what I can recommend that you do is ENJOY YOUR LIFE. You literally do not have to do anything, it's one of the last periods in your life where this will be the case. Enjoy the time you have with family and friends. If God wants you to end up at Loma Linda, you'll get in. Simply trust Him and trust the process, take one day at a time.

To y'alls point though, I had radio silence from September (my interview) through March. In March I was notified I was on the waitlist, I put down a $2000 non-refundable deposit to go to a DO school that I really liked, signed a lease, and was ready to move to another state. In June, I got a call saying I was pulled from the waitlist (2 weeks before I was supposed to move). I had to switch all of my plans, because Loma was my top choice.

This was the case for a good number of people in my class (the majority being very competitive non-SDA Christians...see a trend??) I was not the most competitive but most likely got in because I went to an Adventist undergrad (despite not being Adventist haha). I also know people who applied 3 times and finally got in. It may take longer than you expected initially, but remember, you don't need to rush through life living for "the next thing".

Enjoy the season of life that you are in. Tbh that will take you a long way if you continue to live life like that through medical school and residency.

• Love
How many days after the invitation did you book your interview? I am curious to know how long usually someone has!
they actually booked it for me it’s at the end of the month. it’s nice that it’s not too far away but i still have time to prep!

for anyone who has interviewed here, is there any advice you can give? How was the overall vibe of the interview?
The interview vibe is nice! I enjoyed both conversations with my interviewers. The best advice is to have examples of stories for traits that would make you a good candidate (i.e., Conflict story and how you resolved it). Furthermore, they make the interview a conversation. Best of luck with your interview!!!

• Love
Any recent interview invites?
Nope - nothing. This is quite slow and slightly frustrating but what can we do! They said they started sending out rejection letters starting from the beginning of January tho

Nope - nothing. This is quite slow and slightly frustrating but what can we do! They said they started sending out rejection letters starting from the beginning of January tho
Yikes okay, I guess not hearing anything is better than the rejection

for the current students, i was curious how clinical rotations work. how difficult is it to choose to do it at an offsite location (kaiser, hollywood presbyterian, etc) would you be able to do the whole year at this site or would you have to be back and forth

OOS Pre-II R. The phrasing of the rejection was kinda wild in my opinion lol.
I’m sorry to hear that. Good luck on the next cycle. What did they say I’m so curious. If you don’t wanna send it here please dm me it!

I’m sorry to hear that. Good luck on the next cycle. What did they say I’m so curious. If you don’t wanna send it here please dm me it!
“ With sincere regret, I must inform you that the Admissions Committee has not found it possible to grant you an acceptance into this year's Medicine, MD entering class. “

The “not possible” part just made me laugh

• Wow
Haha no actually has anyone gotten an II lately 😂
I called them 2 days ago they said they have been slower this cycle… but this is too slow some schools have 10 pages on the forum 😕

is loma linda still sending out II?
Hey all, MS1 at LLUSM here. I got my interview invite on 01/30/23 and accepted on 05/09/23. Many of my classmates with a similar timeline. There is a lot of late-cycle churn. Try not to stress about it too much. :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I hear the crickets …. Absolutely zero activity….

Reactions: 5 users
when does loma linda typically stop sending out II? asking for a friend lol help