2023-2024 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those that have interviewed, how soon after did you hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is a good question I am wondering that too
I interviewed in October and still haven't heard back 🥲. But seems like lots of people heard back after 1 - 2 months

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking when were you complete?
I was complete in late September. Submitted primaries late August to Loma Linda. Should've applied sooner but MCAT score didn't come back until late august

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed in October and still haven't heard back 🥲. But seems like lots of people heard back after 1 - 2 months
I interviewed in September and haven’t heard back… wishing the best to both of us!!

Are y’all SDA or attended an SDA school? And did y’all send a letter of interest/intent or update?
I attend the SDA church but haven’t been baptized yet. I do work as a CNA for their hospital LLUMC so maybe that helped a little. And two of my LOR’s came from a cardiac surgeon and nurse from their hospital

Are y’all SDA or attended an SDA school? And did y’all send a letter of interest/intent or update?
I am SDA but I did not attend an SDA university. I had strong LOR’s. I sent my letter of interest in January. LLUSM was the only school I applied to that’s what I talked about in my letter.

I'm also SDA and went to an SDA university for undergrad. I went on to take my Master's after. 2 of my LORs were from physicians I currently work with. I did not send a letter of interest though.

It all makes sense. Anyone who's non-SDA get an II? I'm sure they give it but wanna gauge quantity

I am SDA but I did not attend an SDA university. I had strong LOR’s. I sent my letter of interest in January. LLUSM was the only school I applied to that’s what I talked about in my letter.
Talk about going out on a limb. If I only applied to one school, the edge of my seat would've broken off

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
It all makes sense. Anyone who's non-SDA get an II? I'm sure they give it but wanna gauge quantity

Talk about going out on a limb. If I only applied to one school, the edge of my seat would've broken off
I’m not SDA but have some ties to the church and the school

I was complete in late September. Submitted primaries late August to Loma Linda. Should've applied sooner but MCAT score didn't come back until late august
I also interviewed in September and haven't heard back! Glad to know I am in good company :) We've got this!

Non-SDA (nondenominational Christian). I got an II in October but haven’t heard back since then lol

To everyone in limbo rn and have had interviews. I don't think it would be a bad thing to send a LOI if you really want to go here. I sent one in Jan/Feb and I think it probably contributed to my eventual acceptance off the waitlist. About 100 people are waitlisted every year and approximately 50 of those are offered spots as people take spots elsewhere

Withdrew my A. hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if the class is full and it’ll just be waitlist decisions from now on? Just a little on edge because it’s basically already April haha

for the current students, i was curious how clinical rotations work. how difficult is it to choose to do it at an offsite location (kaiser, hollywood presbyterian, etc) would you be able to do the whole year at this site or would you have to be back and forth
sorry this is like 3 mos late. Graduating MS4 with time now to explain haha. MS3 rotations you have to choose from available affiliate locations (LLU, County hospital in Riverside, VA, White memorial hospital in LA (housing included), there are a couple Kaiser options for surgery and family I belive but all are close by, then also you have the option to go to Kettering (Ohio) or the Florida location, can do on a rotation by rotation basis even if you aren't in the regional student program. Since we do have home programs, it's not a disadvantage to be unable to rotate at non affiliated locations during MS3 because it is very helpful to make connections with the academic faculty here who will write your letters, etc. Additionally we are very fortunate compared to students at other schools who have to set up their own MS3/MS4 schedules at outside locations because everything is set up for us and we don't have to worry about finding preceptors, housing, etc and paying for it all. During MS4 similarly to other schools you can set up outside away rotations through VSLO to rotate at programs that you are interested at for residency, or just try out a different site, but again since LLU has a home program for every residency you also have the options to just do your subIs at home and at affiliate locations and bypass that whole process if you are applying a specialty that is less competitive and does not need aways.

Reactions: 1 users
still haven’t heard anything 💯 clinging to false hope 😀

Got the A call this morning...It is an unbelievable feeling

• Love
Reactions: 4 users