You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Loma Linda
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
DR.HALAL
Full Member
I was completed in OctoberCongrats! If you don't mind me asking when were you complete?
DR.HALAL
Full Member
That is a good question I am wondering that tooFor those that have interviewed, how soon after did you hear back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed in October and still haven't heard back 🥲. But seems like lots of people heard back after 1 - 2 monthsThat is a good question I am wondering that too
I was complete in late September. Submitted primaries late August to Loma Linda. Should've applied sooner but MCAT score didn't come back until late augustCongrats! If you don't mind me asking when were you complete?
gatorgirlie13
New Member
I interviewed in September and haven’t heard back… wishing the best to both of us!!I interviewed in October and still haven't heard back 🥲. But seems like lots of people heard back after 1 - 2 months
Thank you! I thought I was the only one 😭 Hope we will both hear back in April!I interviewed in September and haven’t heard back… wishing the best to both of us!!
I was complete in November!Congrats! If you don't mind me asking when were you complete?
II today!! Guys I can’t believe this
II today. I am shocked and super happy.🎉
Are y’all SDA or attended an SDA school? And did y’all send a letter of interest/intent or update?InState II yesterday as well. Good luck to us all interviewing this March! Cycle ain't over till it's over!
I attend the SDA church but haven’t been baptized yet. I do work as a CNA for their hospital LLUMC so maybe that helped a little. And two of my LOR’s came from a cardiac surgeon and nurse from their hospitalAre y’all SDA or attended an SDA school? And did y’all send a letter of interest/intent or update?
DR.HALAL
Full Member
I am SDA but I did not attend an SDA university. I had strong LOR’s. I sent my letter of interest in January. LLUSM was the only school I applied to that’s what I talked about in my letter.Are y’all SDA or attended an SDA school? And did y’all send a letter of interest/intent or update?
I'm also SDA and went to an SDA university for undergrad. I went on to take my Master's after. 2 of my LORs were from physicians I currently work with. I did not send a letter of interest though.Are y’all SDA or attended an SDA school? And did y’all send a letter of interest/intent or update?
It all makes sense. Anyone who's non-SDA get an II? I'm sure they give it but wanna gauge quantity
Talk about going out on a limb. If I only applied to one school, the edge of my seat would've broken offI am SDA but I did not attend an SDA university. I had strong LOR’s. I sent my letter of interest in January. LLUSM was the only school I applied to that’s what I talked about in my letter.
I’m not SDA but have some ties to the church and the schoolIt all makes sense. Anyone who's non-SDA get an II? I'm sure they give it but wanna gauge quantity
Talk about going out on a limb. If I only applied to one school, the edge of my seat would've broken off
I also interviewed in September and haven't heard back! Glad to know I am in good company 🙂 We've got this!I was complete in late September. Submitted primaries late August to Loma Linda. Should've applied sooner but MCAT score didn't come back until late august
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jessicat10119
Full Member
It all makes sense. Anyone who's non-SDA get an II? I'm sure they give it but wanna gauge quantity
Talk about going out on a limb. If I only applied to one school, the edge of my seat would've broken off
Non-SDA (nondenominational Christian). I got an II in October but haven’t heard back since then lol
To everyone in limbo rn and have had interviews. I don't think it would be a bad thing to send a LOI if you really want to go here. I sent one in Jan/Feb and I think it probably contributed to my eventual acceptance off the waitlist. About 100 people are waitlisted every year and approximately 50 of those are offered spots as people take spots elsewhere
Withdrew my A. hope it goes to one of you!
DR.HALAL
Full Member
I think they said by Mid-late April everyone will hear a decision. That's what they said when I called them awhile agowhen does LLU typically send Rs
jessicat10119
Full Member
OOS WL
I was offered the MMS program 🥲
Same haha I refused the offer. I already have a masters in medical science lolI was offered the MMS program 🥲
gatorgirlie13
New Member
OOS WL
IS WL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS pre-II R
sorry this is like 3 mos late. Graduating MS4 with time now to explain haha. MS3 rotations you have to choose from available affiliate locations (LLU, County hospital in Riverside, VA, White memorial hospital in LA (housing included), there are a couple Kaiser options for surgery and family I belive but all are close by, then also you have the option to go to Kettering (Ohio) or the Florida location, can do on a rotation by rotation basis even if you aren't in the regional student program. Since we do have home programs, it's not a disadvantage to be unable to rotate at non affiliated locations during MS3 because it is very helpful to make connections with the academic faculty here who will write your letters, etc. Additionally we are very fortunate compared to students at other schools who have to set up their own MS3/MS4 schedules at outside locations because everything is set up for us and we don't have to worry about finding preceptors, housing, etc and paying for it all. During MS4 similarly to other schools you can set up outside away rotations through VSLO to rotate at programs that you are interested at for residency, or just try out a different site, but again since LLU has a home program for every residency you also have the options to just do your subIs at home and at affiliate locations and bypass that whole process if you are applying a specialty that is less competitive and does not need aways.for the current students, i was curious how clinical rotations work. how difficult is it to choose to do it at an offsite location (kaiser, hollywood presbyterian, etc) would you be able to do the whole year at this site or would you have to be back and forth
+1still haven’t heard anything 💯 clinging to false hope 😀
Here's the link to the official LLUSM Class of 2028 FB group, congrats to everyone accepted!
Facebook
www.facebook.com
LLUSM Class of 2028
Last edited:
Just got the call! Accepted off of the waitlist!
IS non-denominational Christian from Christian undergrad with local ties
IS non-denominational Christian from Christian undergrad with local ties
Yes, I had gotten that while I was waitlisted. Unfortunately, it just means they received your FAFSA. It doesn’t indicate that you’ve been accepted. 🙁Did anyone else who is waitlisted get a financial aid email
That call is coming soon, though! In the meantime, work on your financial aid!
Thanks! I also got a completed financial aid email too. It said "your award notification will be sent via email when your award is ready to review and accept".Yes, I had gotten that while I was waitlisted. Unfortunately, it just means they received your FAFSA. It doesn’t indicate that you’ve been accepted. 🙁
That call is coming soon, though! In the meantime, work on your financial aid!
gatorgirlie13
New Member
Withdrew my acceptance from off the waitlist today- hopefully more movement starts for those still on the waitlist!!
Congrats! Also, when were you waitlisted?Accepted off waitlist yesterday morning!
IS catholic from Socal
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bonathan
New Member
Thank you, I was waitlisted April 4thCongrats! Also, when were you waitlisted?
jessicat10119
Full Member
Withdrew my A from the WL today! Good luck everyone.
thebiglightt
Full Member
They barely even let any Christian who isn't SDA/went to an SDA school so I personally wouldn't apply unless your stats are higher than their median and don't mind spending the extra moneyAnyone not Christian/affiliated and get in? I'm Muslim and while I fit their values very well, I am hesitant to apply next cycle. Wondering if anyone has insight of people of other religions getting in?
Ok got it thank you for confirming!They barely even let any Christian who isn't SDA/went to an SDA school so I personally wouldn't apply unless your stats are higher than their median and don't mind spending the extra money