This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schne472

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

could someone help me out with this. So my first schools Im applying, OTCAS doesn't open until July. When asking for LOR from OTs and Profs, how do I ask them to submit/what to do with it when they are done? Do they have to wait until July to submit, therefore should I be asking them closer to then to avoid confusion and problems? I guess I'm wondering when I should start asking and what the process will be like for them

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

could someone help me out with this. So my first schools Im applying, OTCAS doesn't open until July. When asking for LOR from OTs and Profs, how do I ask them to submit/what to do with it when they are done? Do they have to wait until July to submit, therefore should I be asking them closer to then to avoid confusion and problems? I guess I'm wondering when I should start asking and what the process will be like for them

thank you

I am assuming you are applying for the 2018-2019 OTCAS cycle? If that is the case, I would wait until 2018 to ask them to write a letter of rec. In OTCAS, you will input the emails of the people you will be requesting a LOR from and other details such as due date for the LOR. They will then receive an email from OTCAS regarding the request along with the due date that you input. Technically, they do have to wait until July because you have to wait until you can create/reactivate your account.

OTCAS works in cycles. The current cycle right now is the 2017-2018 cycle. Therefore, if you will be applying for the 2018-2019 cycle, you will need to hold off on asking/requesting for LOR via OTCAS. Surely, you can email/ physically tell those writing your LOR ahead of time, but they will need to keep your LOR saved until you create your account.

So if I were you, I would at least notify them that you would like a LOR. I would personally ask for it in May or June 2018 and have the "due date" be July. I will let them know that they will get an email from OTCAS in July, in which they will submit the letter.

Reactions: 1 user