Loyalty to the pharmacy profession

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CYNTO

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if one leave pharmacy out of no job to go for nursing, does it mean that one is not loyal to the profession?

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Yes and you must perform sudoku for the disloyalty

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
does it mean that one is not loyal to the profession?

Does loyalty put food on the table? Gas in the car? Pay off the criminal student loans that chain us to this dead and dying field? Keep the lights on? Put food in your kids' stomach?

Loyalty is a two way street. The pharmacy schools and businesses have no loyalty to this profession or their students, why should you? To be loyal to this dying profession is asinine.

Pharmacy and loyaly should never be used together in a sentence. Unless it is: "The pharmacy profession is full of selfish people who have no loyalty."

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Seppuku, not sudoku... filling out puzzles may be even more brainless than counting by 5's for 8 hrs a day...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Seppuku, not sudoku... filling out puzzles may be even more brainless than counting by 5's for 8 hrs a day...
Aren't puzzles the opposite of brainless? I'm going to say they're quite brainfull.

Reactions: 1 users
if one leave pharmacy out of no job to go for nursing, does it mean that one is not loyal to the profession?
Do two self flagellations and put 10 bucks in the basket....should be good for a year

Aren't puzzles the opposite of brainless? I'm going to say they're quite brainfull.
I dunno... you can argue that knowing the shape, color and size of lipitor is more practical than knowing how many planets there are in the solar system... but regardless it isn't really a promotion if you go from scrubbing the toilets to mopping the floors...

lol purposefully calling it sudoku is the joke

I had to chop off my pinky when I quit my last job.

• Wow
Does loyalty put food on the table? Gas in the car? Pay off the criminal student loans that chain us to this dead and dying field? Keep the lights on? Put food in your kids' stomach?

Loyalty is a two way street. The pharmacy schools and businesses have no loyalty to this profession or their students, why should you? To be loyal to this dying profession is asinine.

Pharmacy and loyaly should never be used together in a sentence. Unless it is: "The pharmacy profession is full of selfish people who have no loyalty."

Hhmmm

Who cares about loyalty to the profession?
OP is probably just confused because he probably thinks he'll get sued by his pharmacy school for jumping ship. After all, he did recite in his P1 year the oath of a pharmacist which starts off with: "I promise to devote myself to a lifetime of service to others through the profession of pharmacy." Gotcha!

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Pharmacy profession has done nothing to deserve loyalty.

Reactions: 3 users
Can’t tell if this post was pure tongue-in-cheek sarcasm, or if it was meant to start a legitimate debate...

Loyal to what? I get paid in exchange for labor.

Reactions: 7 users
I don't know, but you sure can keep your CVS loyalty card.

Many are loyal to pharmacy only because they do not want to give up the sunk cost of $200k+ and 4 years of their lives.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Many are loyal to pharmacy only because they do not want to give up the sunk cost of $200k+ and 4 years of their lives.

Plus what other job can a pharmacist do without getting another degree that pays the same?

Whew! I read the sentence that you posted incorrectly at first and was writing up a warning to the admins about someone that was idolizing a life completion event (a big no-no on SDN). But after re-reading it twice I see that it's referencing a mathematically puzzle not the word I read it as initially.

I had to chop off my pinky when I quit my last job.
What kind of job is that? Are you in the United States? If you are please contact me as that may be illegal for an employer to require you to self-harm during your job.

Whew! I read the sentence that you posted incorrectly at first and was writing up a warning to the admins about someone that was idolizing a life completion event (a big no-no on SDN). But after re-reading it twice I see that it's referencing a mathematically puzzle not the word I read it as initially.
ER09pYHUUAAanDR.jpg

• Haha