LSU-New Orleans and Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockopocko81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals,

Does anyone know if LSU-New Orleans is still sending out interviews? I got this letter in the mail back in mid-January and it basically said that they had not forgotten about my application, also I sent in the AMCAS on November 15 and sent in my secondary December 15, so needless to say this was really late and I haven't heard anything back since this letter in January. Strangely enough another friend of mine just two weeks ago got a letter from them, but she said that in her letter they told her that her file is still open and being reviewed. She also applied around October/November, also on the late side. So these two letters yet similar are rather different. So I don't know, does my letter mean better luck next time or does it mean I still have a chance? Did anyone else get a letter similar to mine and what was the outcome?
:confused: :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

i'm the same boat you're in with LSU. got the letter form Dr. McCluggage saying they had not forgotten about me, and i'm still waiting for them and calling every thursday to get the same ****ty "no decision is made yet" line.
i've heard from a lot of reliable sources around LSU and Tulane that LSU normally finishes this process very late, and that they are delayed this year. also, they are not so favorable to the august mcat takers. honestly, they need to get their **** together b/c i'm getting pissed off at them. they get only instate applications and they don't have the courtesy to even attempt to expedite this process. at this point, i'd almost prefer to know something from them so i can move on....,

rockopocko81 said:
Hey Guys and Gals,

I got this letter back in mid-January and it basically said that they had not forgotten about my application, also I sent in the AMCAS on November 15 and sent in my secondary December 15, so needless to say this was really late and I haven't heard anything back since this letter in January.

I received that letter Jan/Feb 2004 and was not interviewed. My app was late last year as well...maybe mid-October. This is just what happened to ME.

I reapplied, was interviewed in November (accepted at LSU-S that month) and accepted late January of this year at NO.

As you noted you applied EXTREMELY late. From what I understand, applying that late gives you little chance even with great #'s. Whether it could've been helped or not, applying that late gives the impression of disinterest/ incompetence/ questionable commitment.

When interviewed in 11/04 I was asked why I applied so late the previous year...so it was obviously noticed. My app changed little upon reapplication (except that it was complete early August) and I was accepted.

Best wishes to you but if it doesn't work out be sure to make an appt w/ both McCluggage and Kennedy to find out what you need to do. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep hope alive! I was complete late August/early September. I checked my mail yesterday and lo and behold there was an interview invite in it. Just when I had written 'em off...chalked it up...threw in the towel. I'm interviewing at the end of the month. I take back every negative thing I've said about 'em. I laughed at myself when I opened the envelope. It's funny how easily the wall you build up can be demolished with a hint of good news.

I agree they are extremely vague when you call. I would like them to say...we're still considering your application...we're interviewing until this week of this month...we have not yet filled our class...keep writing update letters. I'd like them to say something besides your file is complete. LIKE I DON'T ALREADY KNOW THAT!

Keep the faith...Keep calling once a week.

I was file complete sometime in mid-November. I got both the "we are still considering your application" letter and an invitation to interview. The consideration letter is not a rejection.

i interviewed at LSU-NO on MArch 1st, and Dr. Eubanks told us that they will be interviewing until mid-April. I got the same "no action" letter back in January and then ended up getting an invite about a month later. Care for a piece of advice? Write Dr. McCluggage a "thank you note"/ "letter of intent". it worked for me -- when i got the "no action" letter in january, I sent a handwritten note saying "thank you for informing me as to the status of my application....etc" and also mentioned that "i am extremely interested in attending LSU-NO......etc." I don't know if that's what helped get me an interview, but its gotta be better than sitting around waiting for more of those damn "no action" letters!!! :) Now, I've just got to suck it up until the AdCom meeting at the end of this month. Anyone else waiting to hear...????

Jen

I submitted my application way back in the summer, but didn't get any notification. Did they just lose my application, or am I out of their game?! :mad: :thumbdown: