This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

woopsidaisy

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I made a major mistake on my AMCAS. For my most recent employment, I meant to write 1600 hours but instead wrote 6600 hours. I did not realize the mistake until I was going through my primary while working on secondaries. Obviously, this isn't something that will be missed by many medical schools, but I'm not willing to withdraw my application.
I intend to send a written letter to every medical school I have applied to notify them of my mistake, but I'm wondering if I should call as well after my application has been transmitted. Any other tips would be incredibly helpful!!
+pity+
 
I made a major mistake on my AMCAS. For my most recent employment, I meant to write 1600 hours but instead wrote 6600 hours. I did not realize the mistake until I was going through my primary while working on secondaries. Obviously, this isn't something that will be missed by many medical schools, but I'm not willing to withdraw my application.
I intend to send a written letter to every medical school I have applied to notify them of my mistake, but I'm wondering if I should call as well after my application has been transmitted. Any other tips would be incredibly helpful!!
+pity+
If you haven't submitted your Secondaries, many will give you the opportunity to list such information there. For the rest a quick email might be better as you can save the proof that you communicated the correction to the admissions committee.