MAJOR AMCAS HOURS MISTAKE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woopsidaisy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I made a major mistake on my AMCAS. For my most recent employment, I meant to write 1600 hours but instead wrote 6600 hours. I did not realize the mistake until I was going through my primary while working on secondaries. Obviously, this isn't something that will be missed by many medical schools, but I'm not willing to withdraw my application.
I intend to send a written letter to every medical school I have applied to notify them of my mistake, but I'm wondering if I should call as well after my application has been transmitted. Any other tips would be incredibly helpful!!
+pity+

Members don't see this ad.

I made a major mistake on my AMCAS. For my most recent employment, I meant to write 1600 hours but instead wrote 6600 hours. I did not realize the mistake until I was going through my primary while working on secondaries. Obviously, this isn't something that will be missed by many medical schools, but I'm not willing to withdraw my application.
I intend to send a written letter to every medical school I have applied to notify them of my mistake, but I'm wondering if I should call as well after my application has been transmitted. Any other tips would be incredibly helpful!!
+pity+
If you haven't submitted your Secondaries, many will give you the opportunity to list such information there. For the rest a quick email might be better as you can save the proof that you communicated the correction to the admissions committee.