Mass. residents who did not get into Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LilBowWow

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi.

If you're a Mass. resident ("Masshole"?) who did not get into Tufts, or if you know of someone who is/was in this situation, would you mind sharing your story with me? Did you speak with someone in the admissions office to find out the areas you needed to improve? I know that the odds (25%, I think) for Mass. residents, whlie much better than for non-Massholes, are still not great.

Please feel free to send a private message. Thanks in advance for your willingness to share advice!

Members don't see this ad.

I was waitlisted at Tufts twice as a Masshole, and I have several friends who are in waitlist limbo right now.

Call up Patty Finger, who is enormously sweet and friendly, schedule a time to meet with her to go over your file. She'll tell you the big things. Obviously it is tough to change your GPA/GRE significantly.... But it is easy (well, more practical at least) to get more experience!

I really think that demonstrating that you're willing to put the time and effort in to improving your shortcomings really improves your chances of getting in. They just want to know that you're committed. It worked for me!

:)
miranda

Miranda said:
Call up Patty Finger, who is enormously sweet and friendly, schedule a time to meet with her to go over your file. She'll tell you the big things.

I second that. Patty is *super*! She was always nice to me while I was in waitlist limbo (read: hell) and always willing to share information. I've even called her up a few times since being accepted and she's been equally helpful even though I'm not really her concern anymore.

One word of advice about Tufts that I didn't learn until after being waitlisted: They don't publicize this, but they *do* accept secondary application materials after the app deadline as long as your main application is done. So, if you do something nifty after you turn in your app, write up something about it and send it in... they'll add it to your file and consider it while they're making their decision. Not a lot of schools do this, so take advantage of it next time!

Thanks for your advice.

And yes, Patty rules! :)