This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rlsnyder95

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a third year student in biology/international affairs student at a top 50 university in the US. I am interested in doing a global health degree abroad and was looking at masters programs at Imperial College London, University College London, LSHTM, and Oxford. I was wondering how much experience in the field is expected for applicants. My stats are below:

GPA: 3.95/4.0

Research Experience:
3 years of research on antibiotic resistant bacteria, including independent research project and poster presentations
4 months of full time research on micro-algae in Germany
Will spend 4 months studying global health in rural India while conducting research on social factors influencing spread of MDR-TB.

Do you think this is enough for any of these programs straight out of undergrad and does anyone have experience with them?

Members don't see this ad.

Oxford would just be taking your money. I had a friend who had a 4.0./4.0 in Biochem/PH with research heavier than yours (NIH, NSF, both producing publications), etc. she didn't get in. She did get into LSHTM though, so I would encourage you to apply there if you think it's worth your time.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile