Match Lists 2015!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there usually that much inbreeding at HMS?

Absolutely, just look at their historical match lists. Especially for IM. This isn't new.

Obviously, it demonstrates that Harvard has strong confidence in their own students. The way I see it, that reflects well on both the hospital system and the school.

I would hope all schools have strong confidence in their students. If they don't then there clearly needs to be a rapid reassessment of educational priorities. Lack of people staying at their home institution can also be a very telling indicator.

This. I do not think that keeping their own students reflects well in their hospital system nor the school. There is a lot to be gained by working with other bright students that have been exposed to different perspectives, have different strengths and have trained at other schools. Personally, I would find it extremely boring if had to spent 4 years of medical school and 3-4 years of residency with the same people........but that is just me....

Again, I don't have an issue with programs giving favor to their own students, but only to a point. Once you (consistently) start compiling >25% of your class from your own medical school is where I think it starts to become detrimental. And I'm not just talking about a single year. Yes, the Match is unpredictable and it's possible that it just works out that you end up with 30% of your own students one year. Just like rolling admissions for medical schools, they just reevaluate how they compiled that rank list, and compensate for it the following year.
Otherwise you're spot-on with what I was getting at.

I just think it's an entirely different set of lenses and you don't have the same biases and etc. What is the point at applying to residencies if schools just take tons of their own students?

Exactly. Fellowship programs are frequently faced with this problem. Often there are more home applicants than there are spots, and if you take all of them then outside applicants are going to stop applying. It's not worth their time/money applying and traveling to a program where they already start out as second tier candidates.

Members don't see this ad.

Case Western

Anesthesiology
Case
MGH
MGH
Columbia
Cornell
OSU
U Mich
U Mich
UCSF
U Chicago
U MO
UVA

Dermatology
Boston U
Case
Case
NYU
U Arizona
U Chicago
UPMC

Emergency Medicine
Beth Israel
Beth Israel
BWH
Case
Case
UCLA
Columbia
U Cinci
UTSW
U Wisco
U Chicago
UPMC

Internal Medicine
Beth Israel
BWH
Case
Case
Case
Cleveland Clinic
Duke
Einstein
George Washington
U Penn
Mayo
NYU
OSU
Brown
Stanford
Stanford
Tufts
U Mich
U Mich
U Minn
U Roch
U Wash
UCSD
UCSF
UCLA
U Chicago
U Chicago
U Chicago
U Chicago
UPMC
Yale
Yale
Sinai

Internal Medicine-Pediatrics
Case
Case
U Penn
Hopkins
Med Coll Wisco
OSU
Stony Brook
Stony Brook
U Roch
BWH
U Wisco
UCSF

Neurological Surgery
Albany
Baylor
Case
Hopkins
Mayo
North Shore
U Wisco
UPMC

Neurology
Case
Cleveland Clinic
U Penn
Hopkins
UC Irvine
UCSD

OB-GYN
BWH
SUNY Brook
SUNY Upstate
U South Florida
UCSD
UCLA

Opthalmology
Case
Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland Clinic
Emory
Hopkins
USC

Orthopaedic Surgery
Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland Clinic
Henry Ford Detroit
Sinai
Mayo
NYU
St Lukes
Stanford
U Illinois Chicago
U Mich
U Minn
UNC
UPMC

Otolaryngology
Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland Clinic
Hopkins
Oregon Health and Science
Temple
UC Davis
UC Davis

Pediatrics
Case
Case
Case
Case
U Penn
UCLA
U Cinci
Emory
Hopkins
Hopkins
OSU
Northwestern
Northwestern
Columbia
Columbia
U Illinois Chicago
U Mich
UCSF

PM&R
Case
Harvard
Columbia
OSU

Plastics (Integrated)
Case
Hopkins

Psychiatry
Case
U Kentucky
U Wash
U Vermont

Radiation Oncology
Thomas Jefferson
Vanderbilt

Radiology
Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland Clinic
Hopkins
Northwestern
Northwestern
U Wash

General Surgery
Beth Israel
Beth Israel
Case
Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland Clinic
Emory
Kaiser Permanente
MGH
Northwestern
SUNY Upstate
UCSF

Thoracic Surgery
Med Coll Wisco

Urology
Case
Sinai
U Florida
U Wisconsin

Vascular Surgery
Methodist Houston

Absolutely, just look at their historical match lists. Especially for IM. This isn't new.

I would hope all schools have strong confidence in their students. If they don't then there clearly needs to be a rapid reassessment of educational priorities. Lack of people staying at their home institution can also be a very telling indicator.

Again, I don't have an issue with programs giving favor to their own students, but only to a point. Once you (consistently) start compiling >25% of your class from your own medical school is where I think it starts to become detrimental. And I'm not just talking about a single year. Yes, the Match is unpredictable and it's possible that it just works out that you end up with 30% of your own students one year. Just like rolling admissions for medical schools, they just reevaluate how they compiled that rank list, and compensate for it the following year.
Otherwise you're spot-on with what I was getting at.

Exactly. Fellowship programs are frequently faced with this problem. Often there are more home applicants than there are spots, and if you take all of them then outside applicants are going to stop applying. It's not worth their time/money applying and traveling to a program where they already start out as second tier candidates.
You're whole point is moot because Harvard is #1 and MGH is #1. If this has been going on for years and that's still the case, then you are arguing against reality. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have Case? I am usually impressed by their match

Anesthesiology (12)
Case Western/Univ Hosps Case Med Ctr
MGH (2)
NYP (2)
OSU
Michigan (2)
UCSF
Chicago
University of MO
UVA

Child Neurology (2)
Cleveland Clinic
Mayo

Dermatology (7)
Boston U
Case Western/Univ Hosps Case Med Ctr (2)
NYU
U of Arizona
U of Chicago
UPMC

Emergency Med (14)
B I Deaconess (2)
BWH
CWRU/Metro (2)
Georgia Regents
UCLA
NYP
Cincinnati
UTSW
U Wisconsin
U Chicago
University Hospitals, Columbia MO
UPMC

Family Medicine (6)
Fairview (Cleveland OH)
Long Beach Mem Med Center
U Wisconsin
Loma Linda
U Rochester (2)

IM (35)
B I Deaconess
BWH
CWRU/ University Hospitals (3)
Cleveland Clinic
Duke
Einstein
George Washington
UPenn
Mayo
NYU
OSU
UCLA- Oliveview
Rhode Island/Brown U
Riverside Methodist (Columbus OH)
Stanford (2)
Tufts
U of Michigan (2)
U of Minnesota
U of Rochester
U of Washington (Seattle)
UCSD
UCSF
UCLA
U of Chicago (4)
UPMC
Yale (2)
Icahn, Mt Sinai

IM/Peds(14)
CWRU/Metro
CWRU/UH
UPenn
JHU
Med College Wisc
OSU
Stony Brook (2)
U of Rochester
BWH
Cambridge Health Alliance
U of Wisc
UCSF

IM/Psych (1)
Emory

IM/Center of Excellence (wtf?)
CWRU/UH

IM/Research(1)
Emory

Neurosurgery(8)
Albany Medical Center
Baylor
CWRU/UH
JHU
Mayo
North Shore (NY)
U of Wisconsin
UPMC

Neurology(6)
CWRU/UH
Cleveland Clinic
UPenn
JHU
UC-Irvine
UCSD

OB/GYN(6)
BWH
SUNY-Brooklyn
SUNY-Upstate
USF
UCSD
UCLA

Ophthalmology(6)
CWRU/UH
Cleveland Clinic (2)
JHU
Emory
USC

OMFS(2)
CWRU/UH (2)

Ortho(13)
Cleveland Clinic (2)
Henry Ford
Icahn, Mt Sinai
Mayo
NYU
St Lukes (PA)
Stanford
U Illinois
U Michigan
U Minnesota
UNC
UPMC

ENT(7)
Cleveland Clinic (2)
JHU
Oregon
Temple
UCDavis (2)

Peds(18)
CWRU/UH(4)
Childrens (Penn)
Childrens (LA)
Cincinnati
Emory
JHU (2)
Nationwide (Columbus, OH)
Northwestern (2)
NYP (2)
U Illinois
U Michigan
UCSF

PM&R(4)
CWRU/Metro
Harvard/Spaulding
NYP
OSU

Plastics (2)
CWRU/UH
JHU

Psychiatry (5)
CWRU/Metro
U Kentucky
U Washington (Seattle)
U Vermont
U Western Ontario

Psych/Research (1)
U Illinois

Rad Onc (2)
Thomas Jeff
Vandy

Radiology (6)
Cleveland Clinic (2)
JHU
Northwestern (2)
U Washington (Seattle)

Radiology/Research (1)
UCSD

Surgery, General(11)
B I Deaconess(2)
CWRU/UH
Cleveland Clinic (2)
Emory
Kaiser Permanente
MGH
Northwestern
SUNY Upstate
UCSF

Thoracic Surgery (1)
Med Col Wisc

Urology (4)
CWRU/UH
Icahn, Beth Israel
U Florida
U Wisconsin

Vascular (1)
Methodist (Houston, TX)

Pretty damn solid match I must say.

EDIT: Two posts above... that did not just happen.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have northwestern? Always found it interesting that approx 2/3 of thier class goes into urology each year.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not expecting Jefferson since someone is likely going to have to hand-type the whole class of 250+, but it'd be nice to see.

/also it's interesting to read these threads from the perspective of a resident. I always double take to see my program posted here.

Well, if you are already living in paradise, you wouldn't want to leave ;)

I know for me, and a lot of other millenials, I want to move to places I would enjoy and get new experiences and such. However, there are people who don't want to leave their hometown, ever. I think that mentality does extend across the nation. Especially ones that dont want to be more than an hour away from family and such, and ones who want to live at home too :p

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6854247
I know it's old and about a single residency, but it emphasizes a point. People are reasonably likely to remain close to where they completed residency (if anyone can find a more recent article then please share). This makes sense when you figure that most people are approaching 30 if not older, so they're married and starting families. Thus, a program's resident selection can have a huge bearing on their future faculty pool. Just look at your own school. There's probably a fair amount of faculty that did residency there and subsequently joined the staff. Sticking with this line of reasoning, by accepting large numbers of your own med students, you're hampering the diversity of your future workforce.

Med school is where you learn how to "think" in ways that most people don't know or understand until they arrive at med school. This thinking is further reinforced during your M3/4 years where the residents and attendings explain their thought processes and continue to shape yours. Think about how many times you've finally had that "lightbulb moment" when someone explained/demonstrated a topic a different way. When fresh blood isn't actively recruited then a program becomes stale. Innovations happen because someone decides to do something a different way. Teach everybody the same way and more often than not you'll end up with the same result.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm always confused by the "bringing new ideas" thing. It doesn't make much sense...will the alternate perspective mean anything worth more than a penny to the program? It's not like they'll change their program by admitting some west coast kid to an east coast place...
I'm not saying you need to bring in outsiders to repeatedly reinvent the wheel. Like most of medicine, it's all about the small nuances. The little habits and techniques that you're constantly mentally filing away. "Oh, I like how she does _____, but I want to make sure I never ______ the way he does _____." And who knows, maybe your perspective could really revolutionize the way things are done at a program.

Yeah the academic inbreeding worry doesn't carry over as well IMO in medicine (compared to, say, traditional hard sciences). Medicine is medicine in a very algorithmic way, bring some new pioneering treatment on the fly that you spontaneously thought up 5 minutes ago -- and risk being sued for big bucks. Medical research, okay, perhaps more relevant -- "bring in new ideas". But, really, how many of these HMS matches are going to go on to do heavy research? Some. Not most. No need for them to "bring new ideas as freshly graduated med students." lol what ideas? "Academic inbreeding" isn't as big of an issue in medicine, IMO. Especially when considering the MS4 -> resident transition.

Okay, with all due respect, what you're saying here is pretty ignorant. Yes, I agree that there are many algorithms in medicine that constitute "best practices" or "standard of care," but if all medicine required was a bunch of algorithms then why teach you all those critical thinking skills (that I hope your school taught you for all those thousands of dollars)?

The 'art of medicine' is a real thing. If you closely look at the vast majority of clinical research, the patient populations are intentionally quite narrow to weed out other variables. Look at just about every cardiology paper. There's an incredible amount of data published annually in that field, but the reality is that rarely do those patient populations neatly cross over into real life. We extrapolate based on our knowledge and experiences to make clinical decisions. There's not an algorithm for that.

"...bring some new pioneering treatment on the fly that you spontaneously thought up 5 minutes ago -- and risk being sued for big bucks..." This isn't the 1970s nor a forward operating medical outpost. I'm just going to assume you're intentionally being dramatic here.

Of course there is also the more shallow facet that would be remiss to ignore. Everyone likes prestige. Harvard is the biggest name in medicine. Natural that harvard residencies (the same as any other residency) would be happy to have "harvard pedigree" showing up in their incoming cohorts of residents. I imagine any state U would be just as open to it.

I also agree that Harvard is one of the biggest names in medicine. I also agree that having a "top school" on your application certainly opens doors, but you're kidding yourself if you think programs try and woo individuals just because they come from Ivy programs. If that's the mission of a department then that's an institution that I never want to be a part of. Any good PD attempts to build a class out of individuals that will not only be cohesive amongst itself, but also with the program/institution as a whole.

Anesthesiology (12)
Case Western/Univ Hosps Case Med Ctr
MGH (2)
NYP (2)
OSU
Michigan (2)
UCSF
Chicago
University of MO
UVA

Child Neurology (2)
Cleveland Clinic
Mayo

Dermatology (7)
Boston U
Case Western/Univ Hosps Case Med Ctr (2)
NYU
U of Arizona
U of Chicago
UPMC

Emergency Med (14)
B I Deaconess (2)
BWH
CWRU/Metro (2)
Georgia Regents
UCLA
NYP
Cincinnati
UTSW
U Wisconsin
U Chicago
University Hospitals, Columbia MO
UPMC

Family Medicine (6)
Fairview (Cleveland OH)
Long Beach Mem Med Center
U Wisconsin
Loma Linda
U Rochester (2)

IM (35)
B I Deaconess
BWH
CWRU/ University Hospitals (3)
Cleveland Clinic
Duke
Einstein
George Washington
UPenn
Mayo
NYU
OSU
UCLA- Oliveview
Rhode Island/Brown U
Riverside Methodist (Columbus OH)
Stanford (2)
Tufts
U of Michigan (2)
U of Minnesota
U of Rochester
U of Washington (Seattle)
UCSD
UCSF
UCLA
U of Chicago (4)
UPMC
Yale (2)
Icahn, Mt Sinai

IM/Peds(14)
CWRU/Metro
CWRU/UH
UPenn
JHU
Med College Wisc
OSU
Stony Brook (2)
U of Rochester
BWH
Cambridge Health Alliance
U of Wisc
UCSF

IM/Psych (1)
Emory

IM/Center of Excellence (wtf?)
CWRU/UH

IM/Research(1)
Emory

Neurosurgery(8)
Albany Medical Center
Baylor
CWRU/UH
JHU
Mayo
North Shore (NY)
U of Wisconsin
UPMC

Neurology(6)
CWRU/UH
Cleveland Clinic
UPenn
JHU
UC-Irvine
UCSD

OB/GYN(6)
BWH
SUNY-Brooklyn
SUNY-Upstate
USF
UCSD
UCLA

Ophthalmology(6)
CWRU/UH
Cleveland Clinic (2)
JHU
Emory
USC

OMFS(2)
CWRU/UH (2)

Ortho(13)
Cleveland Clinic (2)
Henry Ford
Icahn, Mt Sinai
Mayo
NYU
St Lukes (PA)
Stanford
U Illinois
U Michigan
U Minnesota
UNC
UPMC

ENT(7)
Cleveland Clinic (2)
JHU
Oregon
Temple
UCDavis (2)

Peds(18)
CWRU/UH(4)
Childrens (Penn)
Childrens (LA)
Cincinnati
Emory
JHU (2)
Nationwide (Columbus, OH)
Northwestern (2)
NYP (2)
U Illinois
U Michigan
UCSF

PM&R(4)
CWRU/Metro
Harvard/Spaulding
NYP
OSU

Plastics (2)
CWRU/UH
JHU

Psychiatry (5)
CWRU/Metro
U Kentucky
U Washington (Seattle)
U Vermont
U Western Ontario

Psych/Research (1)
U Illinois

Rad Onc (2)
Thomas Jeff
Vandy

Radiology (6)
Cleveland Clinic (2)
JHU
Northwestern (2)
U Washington (Seattle)

Radiology/Research (1)
UCSD

Surgery, General(11)
B I Deaconess(2)
CWRU/UH
Cleveland Clinic (2)
Emory
Kaiser Permanente
MGH
Northwestern
SUNY Upstate
UCSF

Thoracic Surgery (1)
Med Col Wisc

Urology (4)
CWRU/UH
Icahn, Beth Israel
U Florida
U Wisconsin

Vascular (1)
Methodist (Houston, TX)

Pretty damn solid match I must say.

EDIT: Two posts above... that did not just happen.

Very nice! I like! :claps:

Kind of a mediocre showing in Rads, Plastics, and Rad-Onc, but otherwise quite solid. The fact that Case took 4% of both the national total NSGY and Med-Peds positions makes up for it. That's also 6x more FM residents this year as compared to last year :laugh:.

That is true, I guess I always assume incoming residents won't bring that much from their old school that would be anything significant(i.e. once they start intern year, they will quickly adopt what the home institute wants and mold themselves to all be like that). After all, the real learning begins in residency, at least in my opinion...

Maybe I'm looking into it too much, but I thought, the way people act is more a product of the person. In other words, if a person from X school works up CHF one way, I would think of that moreso of that one person, not the school, that made them that way. Or, if one resident from Y school can't do an abdominal exam, I wouldn't assume that school can't teach it, I would assume that resident can't do an abdominal exam. Of course, I'm wrong a lot, but just sharing my thoughts on this, since honestly, I always thought medicine was taught the same way across the nation, the specific schools didn't matter to me, moreso the people and locations.

I do understand the dampering of the workforce part, and if they get a lot of people from the same state, it shouldn't damper it too much. Since, like mentioned before, a lot of Americans hate to leave their home state and hometowns, which make sense. Although it's temporary, some people might be depressed moving across the country for a top-tier residency in a city without their family and friends, for the first time in their lives, for 3-5 years, and move back after residency. Hell, people seem surprised that I lived in more than one state in my life...

Last edited:
That is true, I guess I always assume incoming residents won't bring that much from their old school that would be anything significant(i.e. once they start intern year, they will quickly adopt what the home institute wants and mold themselves to all be like that). After all, the real learning begins in residency, at least in my opinion...

Maybe I'm looking into it too much, but I thought, the way people act is more a product of the person. In other words, if a person from X school works up CHF one way, I would think of that moreso of that one person, not the school, that made them that way. Or, if one resident from Y school can't do an abdominal exam, I wouldn't assume that school can't teach it, I would assume that resident can't do an abdominal exam. Of course, I'm wrong a lot, but just sharing my thoughts on this, since honestly, I always thought medicine was taught the same way across the nation, the specific schools didn't matter to me, moreso the people and locations.

I do understand the dampering of the workforce part, and if they get a lot of people from the same state, it shouldn't damper it too much. Since, like mentioned before, a lot of Americans hate to leave their home state and hometowns, which make sense. Although it's temporary, some people might be depressed moving across the country for a top-tier residency in a city without their family and friends, for the first time in their lives, for 3-5 years, and move back after residency. Hell, people seem surprised that I lived in more than one state in my life...

Yeah, cultural differences exist between institutions even if the actual drugs being pushed and the sutures being tied don't differ.

My program shares a site with another, basically equal-tier program from the other end of the city. I've had more than a few fires to put out as chief resident when there's disagreement about how things need to be done between the Junior residents. (Our residents are "malignant and aggressive", and theirs are "lazy." of course :rolleyes:).

Okay, with all due respect, what you're saying here is pretty ignorant. Yes, I agree that there are many algorithms in medicine that constitute "best practices" or "standard of care," but if all medicine required was a bunch of algorithms then why teach you all those critical thinking skills (that I hope your school taught you for all those thousands of dollars)?

The 'art of medicine' is a real thing. If you closely look at the vast majority of clinical research, the patient populations are intentionally quite narrow to weed out other variables. Look at just about every cardiology paper. There's an incredible amount of data published annually in that field, but the reality is that rarely do those patient populations neatly cross over into real life. We extrapolate based on our knowledge and experiences to make clinical decisions. There's not an algorithm for that.

"...bring some new pioneering treatment on the fly that you spontaneously thought up 5 minutes ago -- and risk being sued for big bucks..." This isn't the 1970s nor a forward operating medical outpost. I'm just going to assume you're intentionally being dramatic here.

I also agree that Harvard is one of the biggest names in medicine. I also agree that having a "top school" on your application certainly opens doors, but you're kidding yourself if you think programs try and woo individuals just because they come from Ivy programs. If that's the mission of a department then that's an institution that I never want to be a part of. Any good PD attempts to build a class out of individuals that will not only be cohesive amongst itself, but also with the program/institution as a whole.

This is true -- I agree there are many critical thinking aspects to practicing medicine. Nevertheless, IMO, I don't think a student needs to come from somewhere other than HMS in order to offer their own personal critical thinking practices to Harvard-affiliated residencies.

But at this point, where is the conversation going?

"Bringing new ideas to the residency program" ≠ "Critical thinking"

In regards to the final paragraph, I am not joking myself about programs going out of their way trying to 'woo' ivy league students -- because I never said that.

"would be happy to have 'harvard pedigree' among cohorts of resident" ≠ "actively woo'ing"

I feel a lot of this is tangential in nature.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The thread is called "Match lists 2015". If you are not posting a match list, then you shouldn't be posting. This asinine discussion a few of you are engaged in is annoying to swipe past and if you think people here are interested in your bitter opinions, you are quite mistaken.

Please don't respond to me, I don't care.

Reactions: 7 users
The thread is called "Match lists 2015". If you are not posting a match list, then you shouldn't be posting. This asinine discussion a few of you are engaged in is annoying to swipe past and if you think people here are interested in your bitter opinions, you are quite mistaken.

Please don't respond to me, I don't care.

Thanks for reminding us all of the thread title.

A group of long time posters are discussing a topic regarding match list trends from 2015-- on a thread about match lists from 2015....on a discussion forum.

I don't see anyone bitter. In fact, I think you might be the most bitter post on here.
Ironic! :thumbup: But, given the level of your apathy, you shouldn't bother to respond. Carry on! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for reminding us all of the thread title.

A group of long time posters are discussing a topic regarding match list trends from 2015-- on a thread about match lists from 2015....on a discussion forum.

I don't see anyone bitter. In fact, I think you might be the most bitter post on here.
Ironic! :thumbup: But, given the level of your apathy, you shouldn't bother to respond. Carry on! :)
We discuss in thread every single year. What does he want us to do? Make a separate thread for each school match list we find interesting to discuss? The new generation is full of such babies. This whole "Don't respond to me, I don't care" is something I expect a teenage girl to say.

NYU's Match List (Sorry for the formatting)

Anesthesiology NYU
Anesthesiology NYU
Anesthesiology NYU
Anesthesiology Sinai
Anesthesiology Sinai
Anesthesiology Johns Hopkins
Anesthesiology MGH
Anesthesiology BID
Anesthesiology Queen's University - Canada
Derm UC Davis
Derm Einstein/Montefiore
Derm Stanford
Derm Jackson Memorial Hosp
Derm Cornell
EM Jacobi
EM NYU
EM Sinai
EM Temple
EM HUP (Penn)
EM Denver
EM Jacobi
EM Rhode Island Hosp (Brown)
EM NYU
ENT NYU
ENT UConn
ENT Sinai
Gen surg NYU
Gen surg NYU
Gen surg Tufts
IM Barnes Jewish (WashU)
IM BID
IM Brigham & Women's
IM Brigham & Women's
IM Columbia
IM Columbia
IM Columbia
IM Cornell
IM Cornell
IM Cornell
IM-primary Cornell
IM-research Cornell
IM Emory
IM GWU
IM HUP (Penn)
IM HUP (Penn)
IM MGH
IM MGH
IM Michigan
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM-primary NYU
IM OHSU
IM Sinai
IM Sinai
IM Sinai
IM Sinai
IM Sinai
IM-Comm Prim Care Sinai
IM Stanford
IM Stanford
IM UCLA
IM-investigator path UCSD
IM UCSF
IM UNC
IM UNC
IM UTSW
IM UTSW
IM UW
IM Vanderbilt
Med/Peds Rhode Island Hosp (Brown)
Medicine-prelim CA Pacific Med Ctr
Medicine-prelim GWU
Medicine-prelim Lenox Hill
Medicine-prelim Maimo
Medicine-prelim Montefiore New Rochelle (Einstein)
Medicine-prelim North Shore/LIJ
Medicine-prelim NYU
Medicine-prelim NYU
Medicine-prelim NYU
Medicine-prelim NYU
Medicine-prelim NYU
Medicine-prelim NYU
Medicine-prelim Sinai
Medicine-prelim Sinai
Medicine-prelim St. Luke's/Roosevelt
Medicine-prelim St. Lukes/Roosevelt
Medicine-prelim St. Mary Med Ctr
Medicine-prelim Staten Island U Hosp
Medicine-prelim U Iowa
Medicine-prelim UC Irvine
Medicine-prelim Winthrop
Medicine-prelim Winthrop
Medicine-prelim Winthrop
Medicine-prelim Winthrop
Neuro surg Tufts
Neuro surg U Arkansas
Neuro surg Baylor
Neuro surg UTSW
Neuro surg HUP (Penn)
Neurology Sinai
Neurology Columbia
Neurology Montefiore (Einstein)
Neurology Sinai
Neurology U Iowa
Neurology USC
Ob/Gyn NYU
Ob/Gyn SUNY Downstate
Ob/Gyn St. Barnabas
Ob/Gyn Stony Brook
Ob/Gyn NYU
Ob/Gyn North Shore/LIJ
Ob/Gyn Sinai
Ophtho Michigan
Ophtho NYU
Ophtho Sinai
Ophtho North Shore/LIJ
Ophtho Einstein
Ortho Yale
Ortho NYU
Ortho Carolinas Med CTR
Ortho Duke
Ortho U Mass
Ortho U Mass
Ortho GWU
Ortho North Shore/LIJ
Ortho Naval Med Ctr
Ortho Detroit Med Ctr
Ortho NYU
Ortho Yale
Path UCSF
Peds Baylor
Peds NYU
Peds CHOP (Penn)
Peds UCLA
Peds Columbia
Peds Sinai
Peds Yale
Peds MGH
Peds NYU
Peds NYU
Peds Cornell
Peds Sinai
peds UNC
Peds (urban health advocacy) Boston Children's Hosp
Peds-primary/social Montefiore (Einstein)
Peds/research Sinai
Plastic surgery (integrated) U Wisconsin
Psych MGH
Psych Cornell
Psych Cornell
Psych Sinai
Psych U of Minnesota
Psych Beth Israel
Psych NYU
Psych Beth Israel
Rad Onc Sinai
Radiology Penn (HUP)
Radiology Brigham & Women's
Radiology USC
Radiology UCLA
Radiology U Chicago
Radiology Montefiore (Einstein)
Radiology HUP (Penn)
Radiology MGH
Surgery-prelim NYU
Surgery-preliminary NYU
Thoracic surgery UVA
Transitional Intermountain Med Ctr
Urology Michigan
Urology UW
Urology NYU
Vascular surgery UCLA

Any way to see what the program match lists are instead of tying to aggregate that info from school match lists? Besides waiting until July 1 when they will be up on websites under "current resident" pages...

A few too many unmatched prelims for my liking this year. My year there were only 4 out of ~255.

Think any of that had to do with the name change? Sidney Kimmel or w/e doesn't have as much name recognition as Jefferson, especially when you imagine it appearing among a sea of other applicants in an excel spreadsheet. (Of course, this is pure speculation only).

Not many are staying in North east PA

Unofficial match list for TCMC (prelims for advanced/PGY2 programs not listed)

Anesthesia (5)
1) Yale
2) Penn State Hershey Medical Center
3) Temple University Hospital
4) SUNY Stony Brook
5) U Rochester

Derm (1)
1) Geisinger Health System

EM (3)
1) U Conn SOM
2) Hackensack U. Medical Center, NJ
3) U New Mexico COM

FM (4)
1) Lancaster General (2)
2) Wright Center for GME, PA (2)

Gen Surg (5)
1) Geisinger Health System
2) Eastern Virginia SOM
3) Grand Strand Medical Center, SC
4) UCLA
5) Drexel COM

IM (17)
1) Lankenau Medical Center, PA (2)
2) UT Galveston
3) Cooper University (2)
4) Icahn SOM St. Luke's Roosevelt
5) Temple University Medical Center
6) Loma Linda University, CA
7) Penn State Hershey
8) North Shore LIJ
9) Danbury Hospital, CT
10) U Iowa
11) Johns Hopkins
12) VCU
13) NYU (primary care track)
14) Dartmouth Medical Center
15) Guthrie-Robert Packer, PA

Med-Derm (1)
1) U. Minnesota

Neuro (1)
1) Weill-Cornell Medical Center

Ob-Gyn (6)
1) North Shore-LIJ
2) Boston U.
3) Lankenau Medical Center, PA
4) Rutgers RWJ
5) Monmouth Medical Center, NJ
6) Temple University

Ophtho (1)
1) Drexel COM

Ortho (4)
1) NEOMED, OH (2)
2) LSU Shreveport
3) U. Rochester

Peds (6)
1) Yale
2) OHSU
3) U Maryland
4) UC Davis
5) NEOMED, OH
6) U Conn

Plastic Surgery (integrated) (1)
1) Rutgers

PM&R (1)
1) Penn State Hershey

Prelim Surgery (4)
1) Albany Medical Center
2) York Hospital
3) Brown University
4) Baystate Medical Center, MA

Psych (2)
1) UCSF-Fresno
2) USF COM

Radiology (1)
1) Dartmouth Medical Center

Transitional (2)
1) Madigan Army Medical Center
2) Lehigh Valley Hospital

Urology (1)
1) Rutgers-RWJ

Think any of that had to do with the name change? Sidney Kimmel or w/e doesn't have as much name recognition as Jefferson, especially when you imagine it appearing among a sea of other applicants in an excel spreadsheet. (Of course, this is pure speculation only).

Doubt it.

KCU-COM (Formerly KCUMB) Matchlist

Anesthesiology (16)
SLU
SLU
SLU
SLU
SLU
U of Arkansas
SUNY HSC Brooklyn-NY
U of Nebraska
KU
KU
KU
U of Oklahoma
Cleveland Clinic Fdn-OH
U of Washington Affil Hosps
University Hosps-Columbia-MO
Med Coll Wisconsin Affil Hosps

Child Neurology (2)
Childrens National Med Ctr-DC
SLU

Emergency Med (23)
Mt Sinai Med CTR
KU
UMKC
U of Iowa
Albert Einstein Med CTR
Albert Einstein Med CTR-PA
U of Nebraska Med CTR
U of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School
U of Texas Southwestern Med Sch-Dallas
Wright State Univ Boonshoft SOM-OH
Commanche County Memorial Hospital
Doctors Hospital
Kent Hospital
Norman Regional Health System
Med Coll Wisconsin Affil Hosp-TX
John Peter Smith Hosp-TX
Southwest Medical Center
St John Medical Center
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
St. Mary Mercy Hospital
Inspira Health Network
Adena Health System
Lakeland Regional Med CTR

Family Med (45)
U of Minnesota Med School/St Josephs
Southern Ohio Med CTR
UMKC
UMKC
UMKC
UMKC/Truman-Lake
SLU
U of Iowa Hosp & Clinics
Univ Wisconsin Dept of Fam Med
Medical College of Wisconsin
UPMC St Margaret Memorial Hospital
Nellis Federal Hospital USAF
Research Medical Center-MO
Deaconess Hospital-IN
White County Medical Center
Firelands Regional Medical CTR
Lincoln Med Ed Partnership-NE
California Hosp Med CTR
Siouxland Med Ed Fdn-IA
Pikeville Med CTR
Kent Hospital
St Joseph Hosp-IL
Siouxland Med Ed Fdn-IA
Deaconess Hospital-IN
Des Peres Hospital
Mercy Hospital St Louis-MO
Travis Air Force Base/Grant Medical
Eisenhower Army Medical Center
Grandview Hosp & Medical CTR
White Country Medical Center
St. Vincent Hosp CTR-IN
VIA Christi Regional Medical CTR
Christus Spohn Mem Hosp-TX
Mercy Hospital St Louis-MO
Capital REgion Medical Center
Palm Beach Consortium for GME

General Surgery (10)
St Anthony's Medical CTR
Oklahoma State Univ Medical CTR
Northeast Regional Med CTR
Community Memorial Health System
Travis Air Force Base/Grant Medical
Mclaren Greater Lansing
John C Lincoln Health Network
Oakwood Healthcare system Osteo
Wright Patterson air Force Base
Grandview Hosp & Medical CTR

Internal Medicine (47)
U South Alabama Hosp
KU-Wichita
KU
KU
KU
KU-Wichita
KU
KU-Wichita
U of Cincinnati Med CTR-OH
U of Kentucky Med CTR
Maine Medical CTR
U of Nevada-RENO
U of Minnesota Med School
Texas A&M-Scott & White
U of Tennessee COM-Chattanooga
Univ of Chicago Med CTR/Northshore
Univ of South Dakota SSOM
George Washington Univ-DC
DMC-Huron Valley
Eisenhower army medical center
Mount Carmel Health System-OH
Palmetto General Hosp
Mercy Hospital St. Louis-MO
Mercy Hospital
Providence Sacred Heart Med CTR-WA
Botsford Hospital
Corpus Christi Med CTR
Skagit Regional Health
Baptist Health System-AL
ST James Hospital and Health CTR
Bay Area-Corpus Christi Med CTR
Advocate Lutheran Gen Hosp-IL
Baton Rouge Gen Med CTR-LA
St John Providence Health System
Central Iow Health System/IA Methodist
Beaumont Health System-MI
Mercy
Mount Carmel Health System-OH
Mercy
Pinnacle Health Community Gen Hospital
White County Med CTR
Christiana Care-DE

Medicine-Pediatrics (1)
UMKC

Medicine-Preliminary (3)
UMKC
Riverside Methodist-OH

Neurology (1)
Kaiser Permanenta-Los Angeles-CA

OBGYN (11)
UMKC
U of Oklahoma-Tulsa
Texas Tech U Affil-Odessa
Creighton Univ Affil Hospital-NE
Mercy St Vincent
McLaren Macomb
McLaren Greater Lansing
St John Providence Health System
Good Samaritan Hosp-Bethesda
Sparrow Hospital-MI
Aultman Hospital/NEOMED-OH

Orthopedic Surgery (7)
Plainview Hospital
Mercy St Vincent MC
Mclarn Oakland
Doctors Hospital
South Pointe Hospital
St James Hospital and Health CTR
Good Samaritan Reg Medical CTR

Otolaryngology & Facial Plastic Surg (1)
Metro Health Hospital

Pathology (7)
KU
Barnes-Jewish Hosp-MO
UCLA Med CTR-CA
U of Kentucky Med CTR
University Hosp-Columbia-MO
U of Illionois COM-Chicago

Pediatrics (17)
KU
KU
Mayo School of GME-MN
U of Arkansas-Little Rock
U of Oklahoma COM-Tulsa
Loyola Univ Med CTR-IL
Loyola Univ Med CTR-IL
U of Oklahoma Tulsa
LSU SOM-New Orleans-LA
U of Florida COM-Shands Hosp/Arnold Palmer
Childrens Mercy Hosp-UMKC-MO
U of Nebraska Med CTR
St John HospitalCentral
Iowa Health System/Blank Children
U of South Dakota SSOM

Psychiatry (12)
U Texas HSC-San Antonio
University Hosp-Jackson-MS
Kennedy Univ/Our Lady of Lour
U Rochester/Strong Mem-NY
Pine Rest Christian Mental Health
KU
Barnes-Jewish Hosp-MO
Wayne County
Oregon Health & Science Univ
U of Iowa Hosps and Clinics
U of Maryland Med CTR/Sheppard Pratt
Grandview Hosp & Med CTR

Radiology (5)
LSUHSC-Shrevport-LA
UMKC
UMKC
Beaumont Health System-MI

Traditional Rotating Int (9)
Manatee Memorial Hospital
Good Samaritan Reg Med CTR
St Mary Mercy
McKerron
The Medical Center
South Nassau Communities Hosp
Capital Region Med CTR
Walter Reed Army Med CTR

Transitional (4)
Wilford Hall USAF Med CTR
Nassau
Henry Ford HSC-MI
Nassau

It's like a product that you already know. They work with Harvard kids and know they will make a good workforce and be strong residents, vs that brand you've heard of, but maybe still shaky. Plus, perhaps the program is so favorable amongst students there's a competition amongst who to pick from their litter. Also, those peeps did their rotations there so they know they are key as a workhorse piece.

Well said. And of course they're going to respect Harvard (and the other top-ranked schools, to a lesser extent) more than the average schools most of us attend. This is a hierarchical profession, through and through.

NYU's Match List (Sorry for the formatting)

Anesthesiology NYU
Anesthesiology NYU
Anesthesiology NYU
Anesthesiology Sinai
Anesthesiology Sinai
Anesthesiology Johns Hopkins
Anesthesiology MGH
Anesthesiology BID
Anesthesiology Queen's University - Canada
Derm UC Davis
Derm Einstein/Montefiore
Derm Stanford
Derm Jackson Memorial Hosp
Derm Cornell
EM Jacobi
EM NYU
EM Sinai
EM Temple
EM HUP (Penn)
EM Denver
EM Jacobi
EM Rhode Island Hosp (Brown)
EM NYU
ENT NYU
ENT UConn
ENT Sinai
Gen surg NYU
Gen surg NYU
Gen surg Tufts
IM Barnes Jewish (WashU)
IM BID
IM Brigham & Women's
IM Brigham & Women's
IM Columbia
IM Columbia
IM Columbia
IM Cornell
IM Cornell
IM Cornell
IM-primary Cornell
IM-research Cornell
IM Emory
IM GWU
IM HUP (Penn)
IM HUP (Penn)
IM MGH
IM MGH
IM Michigan
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM NYU
IM-primary NYU
IM OHSU
IM Sinai
IM Sinai
IM Sinai
IM Sinai
IM Sinai
IM-Comm Prim Care Sinai
IM Stanford
IM Stanford
IM UCLA
IM-investigator path UCSD
IM UCSF
IM UNC
IM UNC
IM UTSW
IM UTSW
IM UW
IM Vanderbilt
Med/Peds Rhode Island Hosp (Brown)
Medicine-prelim CA Pacific Med Ctr
Medicine-prelim GWU
Medicine-prelim Maimo
Medicine-prelim NYU
Medicine-prelim NYU
Medicine-prelim NYU
Medicine-prelim NYU
Medicine-prelim NYU
Medicine-prelim NYU
Medicine-prelim Sinai
Medicine-prelim Sinai
Medicine-prelim St. Luke's/Roosevelt
Medicine-prelim St. Lukes/Roosevelt
Medicine-prelim St. Mary Med Ctr
Medicine-prelim U Iowa
Medicine-prelim UC Irvine
Medicine-prelim Winthrop
Medicine-prelim Winthrop
Medicine-prelim Winthrop
Medicine-prelim Winthrop
Neuro surg Tufts
Neuro surg U Arkansas
Neuro surg Baylor
Neuro surg UTSW
Neuro surg HUP (Penn)
Neurology Sinai
Neurology Columbia
Neurology Montefiore (Einstein)
Neurology Sinai
Neurology U Iowa
Neurology USC
Ob/Gyn NYU
Ob/Gyn SUNY Downstate
Ob/Gyn St. Barnabas
Ob/Gyn Stony Brook
Ob/Gyn NYU
Ob/Gyn North Shore/LIJ
Ob/Gyn Sinai
Ophtho Michigan
Ophtho NYU
Ophtho Sinai
Ophtho North Shore/LIJ
Ophtho Einstein
Ortho Yale
Ortho NYU
Ortho Carolinas Med CTR
Ortho Duke
Ortho U Mass
Ortho U Mass
Ortho GWU
Ortho North Shore/LIJ
Ortho Naval Med Ctr
Ortho Detroit Med Ctr
Ortho NYU
Ortho Yale
Path UCSF
Peds Baylor
Peds NYU
Peds CHOP (Penn)
Peds UCLA
Peds Columbia
Peds Sinai
Peds Yale
Peds MGH
Peds NYU
Peds NYU
Peds Cornell
Peds Sinai
peds UNC
Peds (urban health advocacy) Boston Children's Hosp
Peds-primary/social Montefiore (Einstein)
Peds/research Sinai
Plastic surgery (integrated) U Wisconsin
Psych MGH
Psych Cornell
Psych Cornell
Psych Sinai
Psych U of Minnesota
Psych Beth Israel
Psych NYU
Psych Beth Israel
Rad Onc Sinai
Radiology Penn (HUP)
Radiology USC
Radiology UCLA
Radiology U Chicago
Radiology HUP (Penn)
Radiology MGH
Surgery-prelim NYU
Surgery-preliminary NYU
Thoracic surgery UVA
Transitional Intermountain Med Ctr
Urology Michigan
Urology UW
Urology NYU
Vascular surgery UCLA
Thank you. 12 into ortho is impressive!

UAB 2015
* = MSTP
^ = Sr. AOA
` = Jr. AOA

Primary Care

Family Medicine (18): AECOM, Cahaba, Gwinett, In His Image/Tulsa, OHSU, Smith/Fort Worth, South Alabama, St. Vincents/Jacksonville, Waco, Memorial/Savannah, UAB Huntsville x 3, UAB Tuscaloosa x 5
Internal Medicine (33): Baptist/Birmingham x 3, BU, NYP/Cornell, CWRU^, Duke, Emory, Legacy/Portland, LSU-Shreveport x 2, Mayo x 2, MCG, Mt. Sinai, Ochsner, Penn^, Tulane, UNC^, USF, Utah *, UTMemphis x 2, UTSW, VCU x 2, Wake Forest, UAB x 5 *^^^, UAB Huntsville
IM/EM (1): VCU
IM/Peds (4): Oklahoma/Tulsa, UTH, UTMemphis, UAB
IM/Psychiatry (1): Duke
Obstetrics/Gynecology (15): SUNY Buffalo, Chicago^, Christiana, Florida/Jacksonville, MCG, Ochsner, Oklahoma, San Diego Naval, South Alabama, Virginia, Walter Reed, UAB x 4 ^^
Pediatrics (22): Arkansas x 3, Carolinas, Chicago, Einstein/Philadelphia, Emory, Grand Rapids, Louisville, LSU-NO x 2, Oklahoma, VCU, CHMichigan, UAB x 8
Pediatrics/Neurology (2): UCLA *, CHOP *

Surgical
General Surgery (9): Baptist/Birmingham, Baylor/Dallas, NYU, San Antonio Military, South Alabama, UMKC, UNC^, UAB x 2 ^
Neurosurgery (1): UAB^
Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery (3): UAB x 3
Ophthalmology (7): Beaumont, Cook County, Mayo^, VCU`, Virginia, UAB x 2 ^
Orthopedic Surgery (5): Mississippi, Ochsner^, USF^, UAB x 2
Otolaryngology (1): Arkansas^
Plastic Surgery (2): Kentucky^, SLU
Urology (1): UAB

Other
Anesthesia (8): Duke, Emory, UNC, UAB x 5
Dermatology (2): Tulane, UAB
Emergency Medicine (16): Arkansas, Carolinas^, Dartmouth, LSU-BR, Maricopa, Mississippi, MUSC, Ohio State, UNLV, USF, UTM, Virginia, West Virginia, UAB x 3 `
Neurology (4): Iowa *, Louisville, Utah *, WashU
Pathology (4): Emory, Indiana`, VCU, UAB
Physical Medicine & Rehab (2): Penn, UAB
Psychiatry (4): LSU-Shreveport, Wright Patterson, UAB x 2 *
Radiation Oncology (2): SUNY Upstate, UAB^
Radiology (8): Baptist/Birmingham x 2, MUSC, UTHouston, UTMemphis`, UAB x 3 ^`

Last edited:
I wonder what % of people are posting their school/where they went

I wonder what % of people are posting their school/where they went

The list at my institution is publicly posted... no, I'm not sharing it.

/I've given away my med school many times already... in hindsight I'm not sure why I registered a handle that's a direct reference to my school.

university mace? I mean come on if you're gonna do something like that, at least make it a trident

I know this has already been asked but any idea why diagnostic radiology is only matching a few people (or sometimes only 1) at some schools? Is it becoming more competitive or more are people moving away from rads? I know about tele-radiology but my mentor told me not to worry about it and that it's impact on the job market is exagerrated.

Is it becoming more competitive or more are people moving away from rads?

The latter.

I know about tele-radiology but my mentor told me not to worry about it and that it's impact on the job market is exagerrated.

It isn't that tele is ruining anything; teleradiology has been around for a long time. Radiology was booming in previous decades because the US population didn't seem to care about runaway healthcare costs and over-testing became a thing. Radiology volume was climbing and reimbursements were high. The relatively moderate lifestyle compared to other specialties ("business hours" practice) combined with out-of-control reimbursements made it a lifestyle specialty. People wanted poo-tons of cash without working a neurosurgeon's hours to obtain it.

Now the per-capita–per-ailment volume is being cut back, reimbursements are shrinking, and the job market is more saturated. All of the people with dollar signs in their eyes have since fled and the specialty is "hungover". On top of that, the doom-and-gloom talk is scaring off the younger batch of applicants who otherwise aren't necessarily interested in it for the money.

IMHO it's an overreaction. But hey, good for people who actually like the practice of radiology. They get easier choices of programs.

The latter.

It isn't that tele is ruining anything; teleradiology has been around for a long time. Radiology was booming in previous decades because the US population didn't seem to care about runaway healthcare costs and over-testing became a thing. Radiology volume was climbing and reimbursements were high. The relatively moderate lifestyle compared to other specialties ("business hours" practice) combined with out-of-control reimbursements made it a lifestyle specialty. People wanted poo-tons of cash without working a neurosurgeon's hours to obtain it.

Now the per-capita–per-ailment volume is being cut back, reimbursements are shrinking, and the job market is more saturated. All of the people with dollar signs in their eyes have since fled and the specialty is "hungover". On top of that, the doom-and-gloom talk is scaring off the younger batch of applicants who otherwise aren't necessarily interested in it for the money.

IMHO it's an overreaction. But hey, good for people who actually like the practice of radiology. They get easier choices of programs.

Also worth mentioning that the number of residency programs and resident spots has been going up for while, which has also played a role in the tightness of the rads job market.

Awesome. Does the same principal apply to interventional radiology? I know with the new pathway it might be hard to say but is it becoming less competitive to go into IR these days as well?

Anyone have CCLCMs (Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine) list? I know Case's has already been posted, but it would be great to see CCLCMs list.

UCSF 2015 Match List

Anesthesia

UC Davis , CA
UCSF , CA
UCSF , CA
UCSF , CA
Beth Israel Deaconess , MA
MGH , MA

Dermatology
UCSF , CA
UCSF , CA
USC , CA