This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

So, I wanted to know if not reporting a score to AACOMAS (DO schools) would get me in trouble? I went from a 480 to 493 and and recently got a 487. I am beyond scared and just upset. I thought I would do better considering I had a 439 on my second attempt but I could not. Does anyone know if I even stand a chance at all? I actually want to call up AACOMAS and say I never took the test and just to go with my last attempt in April of this year but I am not sure if that will get me in trouble or if they have ways of finding out... =/

* I applied to 35 schools this year, got 19 secondaries, submitted them all
* Current Master's Student and Also work in Research and have other extracirriculars that would look good for medical school.

Can anyone give me some hope lol please

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. What is you masters degree in?
2. What is your undergrad. GPA, and masters GPA?
3. What are all your extracurricular activities?

a 493 is still very low for DO schools. I have seen it done before, but I wouldn't count on it.

You may have to retake if you're really in it to win it for DO schools.

Considered Medical school specializing in podiatry?

Members don't see this ad :)
the transfer of scores is entirely automated. you couldn't pick and choose even if you (unethically) wanted to.

you'll need to buckle down and figure out why you are scoring so low. no matter what, don't retake the test until you have practice test scores under test-day conditions that average to >505. ideally, >510.

Reactions: 6 users
So, I wanted to know if not reporting a score to AACOMAS (DO schools) would get me in trouble? I went from a 480 to 493 and and recently got a 487. I am beyond scared and just upset. I thought I would do better considering I had a 439 on my second attempt but I could not. Does anyone know if I even stand a chance at all? I actually want to call up AACOMAS and say I never took the test and just to go with my last attempt in April of this year but I am not sure if that will get me in trouble or if they have ways of finding out... =/

* I applied to 35 schools this year, got 19 secondaries, submitted them all
* Current Master's Student and Also work in Research and have other extracirriculars that would look good for medical school.

Can anyone give me some hope lol please
I can't sugar-coat this, those applications were all donations.

Because you were scoring so poorly, I cannot recommend a career in medicine at this time.

If test taking anxiety is an issue, that can be fixed.

And as mentioned above, every time you take the MCAT and do not void, all the schools will see your scores. All of them.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m going to lay down some tough love on you. With your MCAT, regardless of GPA, between 1.3 and 3.6% of applicants get in to MD schools. This number increases very slightly for DO, being somewhere between 4 and 12%. Of course your case is difficult because you have three low scores and your recent score is lower.

You need to take Goro’s advice and take some time away from the medicine path right now. In fact, you should have waited to apply. Go work a few years, get some awesome experiences under your belt and come back later, ready to rock. As others said, you need to figure out why you’re doing so poorly. You aren’t unintelligent. Are your foundations weak? Clearly so. Consider retaking (and acing) ALL pre-reqs. Are you a bad test taker? Do LOTS of practice tests, timed and under testing conditions. Are you ESL? Practice reading for the next couple years.

You can still do it but it’ll take an extended break and a total re-examination of your strengths and weaknesses and an overhaul of your study habits.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.