2025-2026 Nova Southeastern (MD)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nova's admissions team seems rather distant and unresponsive to applicants. How do you like the school, though? Do they operate similarly or actually care for the students lol
I would say the administration is very in tune with students feedback and is constantly working to make adjustments to curriculum based on student feedback. Very responsive and in touch with us and I do feel that they are highly invested in our success in the long run from the get-go, providing us with education sessions on residency requirements early, etc.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A few days late, but IS A on 02/11/2026, Kira Interview received 12/19/2025 and completed 12/23/2025, Supplemental Application received 07/23/2025 and submitted within 2 days or so, Primary Application submitted 05/27/2025.

All the very best to everyone with an upcoming II or pending decision!!! 😊
 
Last edited:
Since the Kira interview is asynchronous, should I assume that this is an open-file interview and thus refrain from repeating things in my secondary essays??
 
Hello y'all, has anyone who has interviewed but not heard back's status just say completed or does y'all say interview? Makes me concerned they might have interviewed me on accident 👽
 
Completed the Kira interview 12/23 and WL 2/12. Feels pretty good for me but wanted to see if anyone would be able to provide some input on the following:

I've been sitting happily on a PCOM Philly A for a while as they're a great DO school, but NSU is my top choice due to it being the one MD school that's shown me some love and it's in-state for me which I weigh significantly (alongside numerous other factors such as being interested in specialties that are unfortunately difficult to get into as a DO). This puts me in a predicament, however, as PCOM's start date is June 29th, with a mandatory orientation on June 18th. Meanwhile, NSU's update email said they won't start making final decisions on the WL until June-July.

With that in mind, does anyone have any advice regarding how to proceed and what my expectations should be if I'm holding on to hope for an NSU A? I was planning on sending a letter of intent paired with some updates soon, but if they truly don't start moving down the waitlist until June I feel like my hand will be forced as Philly is multiple states away and hanging on for a last-minute decision on my end would be very challenging from a logistical perspective. I don't know if I should try to communicate any aspect of this situation to NSU in hopes of a response or if that would be ill-advised, I also don't know if that June-July timeline is hard-set, or if it's more of a rolling process and we can expect to see big shifts in the WL around March/April like in other schools. Obviously there's no way to know what my exact odds are of getting that A, but any help from current students or people who have been an a similar situation would be very much appreciated. It's a fortunate problem to have but one I am somewhat stressed by nonetheless. 😅😅
 
Completed the Kira interview 12/23 and WL 2/12. Feels pretty good for me but wanted to see if anyone would be able to provide some input on the following:

I've been sitting happily on a PCOM Philly A for a while as they're a great DO school, but NSU is my top choice due to it being the one MD school that's shown me some love and it's in-state for me which I weigh significantly (alongside numerous other factors such as being interested in specialties that are unfortunately difficult to get into as a DO). This puts me in a predicament, however, as PCOM's start date is June 29th, with a mandatory orientation on June 18th. Meanwhile, NSU's update email said they won't start making final decisions on the WL until June-July.

With that in mind, does anyone have any advice regarding how to proceed and what my expectations should be if I'm holding on to hope for an NSU A? I was planning on sending a letter of intent paired with some updates soon, but if they truly don't start moving down the waitlist until June I feel like my hand will be forced as Philly is multiple states away and hanging on for a last-minute decision on my end would be very challenging from a logistical perspective. I don't know if I should try to communicate any aspect of this situation to NSU in hopes of a response or if that would be ill-advised, I also don't know if that June-July timeline is hard-set, or if it's more of a rolling process and we can expect to see big shifts in the WL around March/April like in other schools. Obviously there's no way to know what my exact odds are of getting that A, but any help from current students or people who have been an a similar situation would be very much appreciated. It's a fortunate problem to have but one I am somewhat stressed by nonetheless. 😅😅
Hey friend! Congrats on your DO A!!!🎉 I definitely see where you're coming from. And although I can't say I'm facing similar circumstances, here are my thoughts on the matter 🙂

First off, the most meaningful WL movement usually tends to occur after the April 30 traffic deadline, which then accelerates through May into early June. So even if the school states that “final decisions” occur in June–July, I'd guess that language reflects when the class fully settles, not when WL movement begins (seeing as that NSU's CTE deadline is June 13, corresponding to the past cycle). Of course, this might also mean that WL movement could be fairly modest between March and April, before the traffic deadline. Again, the odds are much harder to predict without transparent WL-tiering.

Second, If NSU is truly your top choice, sending a solid LoI soon (+ any substantive updates) could be appropriate and possibly sway fortune in your favor. Now, crucially, I'm not entirely certain how to navigate your situation, but it might be reasonable to briefly and respectfully mention your logistical constraints to the adcom at NSU--not as an ultimatum, but simply to clarify your timeline with them.

Finally, the challenge is that if you delay onboarding long enough, your shift to Philly will feel more stressful than it needs to be. Because you certainly don't want to compromise your chances at PCOM. So maybe give yourself a timeframe to commit to converting your WL -> A (say, 2 months and 20 days or so, beginning today), beyond which you can comfortably make the move to PA. If that makes sense? Or adjust that time period flexibly to suit your moving and adjustment needs. So worry not, there's lots of time to make it work! 😁

For now, have faith and trust that things will look up for you!! You're going to make a great physician at any rate, and we're all here to share the weight of each other's experiences 🤗❤️
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey friend! Congrats on your DO A!!!🎉 I definitely see where you're coming from. And although I can't say I'm facing similar circumstances, here are my thoughts on the matter 🙂

First off, the most meaningful WL movement usually tends to occur after the April 30 traffic deadline, which then accelerates through May into early June. So even if the school states that “final decisions” occur in June–July, I'd guess that language reflects when the class fully settles, not when WL movement begins (seeing as that NSU's CTE deadline is June 13, corresponding to the past cycle). Of course, this might also mean that WL movement could be fairly modest between March and April, before the traffic deadline. Again, the odds are much harder to predict without transparent WL-tiering.

Second, If NSU is truly your top choice, sending a solid LoI soon (+ any substantive updates) could be appropriate and possibly sway fortune in your favor. Now, crucially, I'm not entirely certain how to navigate your situation, but it might be reasonable to briefly and respectfully mention your logistical constraints to the adcom at NSU--not as an ultimatum, but simply to clarify your timeline with them.

Finally, the challenge is that if you delay onboarding long enough, your shift to Philly will feel more stressful than it needs to be. Because you certainly don't want to compromise your chances at PCOM. So maybe give yourself a timeframe to commit to converting your WL -> A (say, 2 months and 20 days or so, beginning today), beyond which you can comfortably make the move to PA. If that makes sense? Or adjust that time period flexibly to suit your moving and adjustment needs. So worry not, there's lots of time to make it work! 😁

For now, have faith and trust that things will look up for you for you!! You're going to make a great physician at any rate, and we're all here to share the weight of each other's experiences 🤗❤️
Thank you so much for the input and encouragement. Again, I feel fortunate to even have this dilemma but it's certainly introduced a lot to think about hahaha. I'll definitely be incorporating these thoughts and advice into my game plan, and congrats on your A as well!
 
+1 OOS II from Friday - does anyone have any tips for the Kira platform? is it similar to Casper video style?
I'm assuming you've already taken it by now, but for those who don't know, the format is indeed very similar to the Casper.

If you did well with Casper the same skills will translate, if not, I would recommend prepping through a combination of traditional MMI methods and reviewing how to answer Casper questions. They primarily seemed to focus on asking you to discuss the good and bad of ethical dilemmas, or wanted you to give your opinions on mildly to moderately controversial topics.
 
Kind of random but does anyone know if the MD school has a similar Masters program to DO where if you get certain stats you can bridge to the medical school? I have a mentor who completed her DO through this program but I was having trouble finding is same is for MD.
 
Kind of random but does anyone know if the MD school has a similar Masters program to DO where if you get certain stats you can bridge to the medical school? I have a mentor who completed her DO through this program but I was having trouble finding is same is for MD.
Hi! Here's something I found--Master of Biomedical Sciences program at NSU: Master of Biomedical Sciences

I suppose that while the MS/DO path guarantees your seat at NSU DO once you meet the score requirements, the MD program does not operate so linearly.

If you look through the MBS program, it guarantees a conditional acceptance for "top-performing students" or possibly an interview at one of many NSU health professions colleges, but not a guaranteed seat, should you meet the criteria (not extensively outlined; I would try to contact admissions).

More supporting information is present on MSAR, where you'll see that roughly 4%, or 3 out of 68 matriculants, were granted admission through "Other Special Program," which might very well have been MBS or adjacent tracks.

So, my guess is that while it could help scale up your chances for admission slightly, especially going up against the regular MD pool, you'd have to maintain a competitive portfolio nonetheless.

Hope that helps!
 
Last edited:
Hi! Here's something I found--Master of Biomedical Sciences program at NSU: Master of Biomedical Sciences

I suppose that while the MS/DO path guarantees your seat at NSU DO once you meet the score requirements, the MD program does not operate so linearly.

If you look through the MBS program, it guarantees a conditional acceptance for "top-performing students" or possibly an interview at one of many NSU health professions colleges, but not a guaranteed seat, should you meet the criteria (not extensively outlined; I would try to contact admissions).

More supporting information is present on MSAR, where you'll see that roughly 4%, or 3 out of 68 matriculants, were granted admission through "Other Special Program," which might very well have been MBS or adjacent tracks.

So, my guess is that while it could help scale up your chances for admission slightly, especially going up against the regular MD pool, you'd have to maintain a competitive portfolio nonetheless.

Hope that helps!
This helps a lot!! Thank you so much, I appreciate it.
 
at what point post interview did peoples status on the portal change from "submitted" to "completed"? interviewed a week ago and my portal still says submitted
 
at what point post interview did peoples status on the portal change from "submitted" to "completed"? interviewed a week ago and my portal still says submitted
Do you mind sharing when you submitted your secondaries? Still waiting on an interview invite myself
 
at what point post interview did peoples status on the portal change from "submitted" to "completed"? interviewed a week ago and my portal still says submitted
I believe my portal status transitioned from Submitted -> Completed -> Admitted the day I received my preliminary acceptance email (approximately 2 months post-interview).

As such, I don't think there is a 1:1 correspondence between interview completion and portal status, but I might be mistaken.
 
Last edited:
OOS A - I think?? My portal status changed from complete to "admitted, conditional" !! and I opened it to see an admitted decision letter. I did not get an email or a call. I will try to call them tomorrow to confirm, hopefully they pick up… 😔 I want to be excited but I’m so afraid this isn’t real
 
Last edited:
OOS A - I think?? My portal status changed from complete to "admitted, conditional" !! and I opened it to see an admitted decision letter. is this real?? I did not get an email or a call. it’s also asking for an application response of accept/decline the offer, this is non-binding right?? I will try to call them tomorrow to confirm, hopefully they pick up… 😔 I want to be excited but I’m so afraid this isn’t real

edit- read the letter a little more carefully and the response is non-binding 🙂
Congrats!! Can you tell us when you interviewed?? SO weird that NOVA didnt even email you
 
IS - WL today. I also did not receive an email. I had to check through my portal as I figured a decision would be sent around this time (interviewed late December). Hoping for the best and wondering if there is a lot of movement off the waitlist. Best of luck to the rest of you and congrats to those who got the A!
 
Congrats!! Can you tell us when you interviewed?? SO weird that NOVA didnt even email you
thank you!! interviewed 01/15.

I called, but nobody picked up lol. will send an email, hopefully they will respond because I haven’t received background check or ID setup emails like others here mentioned. eeee so weird!!

does anyone know if there is a seat deposit that needs to be paid?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thank you!! i got an email on 2/26 saying they have an application status update on my portal, where i was able to view my decision letter
Thank you for the info! I wasn’t sure on NSUs timeline/pattern. I submitted my interview on 1/14 and still don’t have a response but saw others were getting As and WLs in their portal. Congrats again!🥳
 
does anyone have any information on the NOVA scholarships? there’s some listed on the site but they don’t say anything about how you can get them etc. I heard something about a merit based scholarship but haven’t been able to find anything on it

and also is it concerning that they have an HCA hospital?
 
does anyone have any information on the NOVA scholarships? there’s some listed on the site but they don’t say anything about how you can get them etc. I heard something about a merit based scholarship but haven’t been able to find anything on it

and also is it concerning that they have an HCA hospital?
Hi M3 at NSU MD here. The entire class automatically gets considered for scholarships and you'll be notified if you received any. I have heard no complaints about the HCA system down south. I know it's no bueno in other areas but so far so good down here. Also for peds we rotate at Nemours which is nice!
 
I would say the administration is very in tune with students feedback and is constantly working to make adjustments to curriculum based on student feedback. Very responsive and in touch with us and I do feel that they are highly invested in our success in the long run from the get-go, providing us with education sessions on residency requirements early, etc.
100% agree with this. The feedback from our class is already incorporated into the curriculum for the class below us. They have sessions after every block discussing the changes they have implemented based on our feedback too, so they're quite transparent.
 
Hi M3 at NSU MD here. The entire class automatically gets considered for scholarships and you'll be notified if you received any. I have heard no complaints about the HCA system down south. I know it's no bueno in other areas but so far so good down here. Also for peds we rotate at Nemours which is nice!
thank you for the info!! glad to hear that
 
does everyone who received an II on or around 12/19 have a decision? my portal still has the status as "completed" but it seems like everyone else who interviewed around the same time has their decision lol
Hi! When was your portal status marked Completed? The usual trend I've noticed on here is that an acceptance (usually) seems to shortly precede updates to portal status (e.g., with prompts to create NSU account in spam, etc.), and that there might not be a 1:1 correspondence between depicted status and admissions decisions. I can't speak to WL or post-II R trends, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Even if you get put on the WL, there's a roughly 1/3 chance of getting pulled based on class needs.

Extra information: An admissions counselor I met during an in-person tour to NSU MD had mentioned that acceptances are allotted through July, just prior to orientation. Furthermore, a total of 189 acceptances were awarded last cycle to meet the class yield of 68 matriculants.

At any rate, my guess is that you might receive a decision letter shortly, so hang tight until then!
 
Last edited:
Are there any chances that they might pull people off the WL before July? A lot of other schools will be starting pretty much then..
 
Are there any chances that they might pull people off the WL before July? A lot of other schools will be starting pretty much then..
Possibly after the AAMC traffic deadline. But it's still fairly unpredictable, given that the CTE deadline is June 13 and that interviews might still run through that period of time.

My guess is that you could see some considerable movement between April 30 (traffic deadline) and mid or late June (after the CTE deadline has passed for applicants holding an A).

The latest date an acceptance can be offered is apparently July 20 (corresponding to the previous cycle). But with not much other information, it's hard to speculate about WL movement for NSU MD. You might try the previous cycle's forum responses for patterns.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has everyone who’s been accepted received a background check email? I haven’t yet
Hi! Yeah, I received my background check email prompt a day after I received my acceptance. Make sure you check your past mail and your spam, and if you don't find it, then you can totally reach out to the correspondence email listed in your Ellucian portal for more support.
 
Do we need to do the MD matriculation intent form to accept our seat or is that binding? I accepted the seat in the first portal option but now I see this form under the admissions documents tab
 
Do we need to do the MD matriculation intent form to accept our seat or is that binding? I accepted the seat in the first portal option but now I see this form under the admissions documents tab
Also unsure about this. I'm assuming that only the amcas would be the binding one but gonna hold off on filling that second one out.