Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swimncsc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how the MCW interviews go out? Snail mail, phone, email?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty sure they go out by e-mail first and then written confirmation a few days later.

Received Interview Invite November 03 via E-mail !!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was invited via email...and let me tell you they responded quickly after the interview...I was accepted a week later! Go MCW....But if you have any questions about interviews etc, I will be glad to answer questions. I also live down the street from the school, so i can tell you about the area as well...

lexy10 said:
I was invited via email...and let me tell you they responded quickly after the interview...I was accepted a week later! Go MCW....But if you have any questions about interviews etc, I will be glad to answer questions. I also live down the street from the school, so i can tell you about the area as well...

Hi Lexy. Did you get one of those "your application has been favorably reviewed, but if and when we get to your application, you might get an interview" e-mail? I've been complete at MCW since 08/01 and other than that nothing. Does that e-mail signify anything. I am clutching at straws and scraping a hole at the bottom of a barrel called hope.

zahque said:
or open a private practice and only treat the wealthy. the ill and impoverished only count as like.. 2/5ths of a human being anyhow.

What the.... :confused:

No...That's a weird email...

RayhanS1282 said:
Hi Lexy. Did you get one of those "your application has been favorably reviewed, but if and when we get to your application, you might get an interview" e-mail? I've been complete at MCW since 08/01 and other than that nothing. Does that e-mail signify anything. I am clutching at straws and scraping a hole at the bottom of a barrel called hope.

lexy10 said:
No...That's a weird email...

Damn it, I knew that was a bogus e-mail. I just get happy and hopeful when I get any e-mail from schools that have the word interview thrown in it since I haven't received anything official yet, but thanks lexy.

RayhanS1282 said:
Damn it, I knew that was a bogus e-mail. I just get happy and hopeful when I get any e-mail from schools that have the word interview thrown in it since I haven't received anything official yet, but thanks lexy.

Why not call and find out what that email means and check your application status...

lexy10 said:
Why not call and find out what that email means and check your application status...

I e-mailed the dean, Mr. Istwan. He reiterated the same thing as the e-mail. So, I guess I'll wait it out...I mean they do gotta tell us some time right.

Yeah right. They will tell you sometime in March with a rejection letter. Happen to me last year. I got the same letter as you this year and have heard nothing. I was also complete on August 1st. What I don't get is that the letter makes it sound like everyone is put on this list then based on complete date and creditials you get an interview. Obviously this false, because I have read countless posts by people who never got this letter and went straight to getting an interveiw. I wish they would stop playing games and just send the rejection letter already. At least that way I don't have to check my email like ten times a day hoping to hear back from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
PJFAN said:
Yeah right. They will tell you sometime in March with a rejection letter. Happen to me last year. I got the same letter as you this year and have heard nothing. I was also complete on August 1st. What I don't get is that the letter makes it sound like everyone is put on this list then based on complete date and creditials you get an interview. Obviously this false, because I have read countless posts by people who never got this letter and went straight to getting an interveiw. I wish they would stop playing games and just send the rejection letter already. At least that way I don't have to check my email like ten times a day hoping to hear back from them.

A tiny part of me just died :(

i received that favorable review email and I just got an interview invite last week so don't give up hope yet!

jess0434 said:
i received that favorable review email and I just got an interview invite last week so don't give up hope yet!
Well I called to check my status, knowing I was complete, and the secretary told me that I would be receiving a letter in the mail by the end of this month or the beginning of next.

Thus, I see a big, fat rejection in my future...since everyone is saying that interviews come via email

BOO!

what was your complete date, just for a reference

pjfan, why would you bring so much negativity to a board? Just because you got a rejection letter, does not mean the same for everyone. RayHanS, don't give up hope!

swimncsc said:
Well I called to check my status, knowing I was complete, and the secretary told me that I would be receiving a letter in the mail by the end of this month or the beginning of next.

Thus, I see a big, fat rejection in my future...since everyone is saying that interviews come via email

BOO!

Sorry to hear that. I might do the same and just get this out of the way.

And lexy, thanks for the support.

I got that email less than 24 hours before I got an interview invite.

RayhanS1282 said:

I got this same e-mail and recently received another one for an interview-

I think they want you to know that they are interested but are a bit behind- good luck! snumie

I called today and I got the same answer in my status page but it was by a human voice...kinda like status check on tape. Anyways, they informed me that my file is complete (been so since 08/01) but they still haven't made a decision. I guess I'll have to wait longer.

FYI for those of you who are already accepted (and congrats!), one of your classmates has already started a "MCW class of 2010" thread in the class threads section of the allopathic board. Here's the link...

Also, I would recommend reading through last year's entering class thread. A lot of the questions you folks have will probably be already answered in there.

Good luck to all those going through the application process...it's too bad to hear that some of you feel like you're getting a raw deal from the admissions folk. I felt like they were some of the nicest people I dealt with compared to other schools, although I do agree that they could clear up some confusion with the waitlist and letters they send out.

complete on 7/15, interview invite around 8/30, interviewed on 10/7, accepted 10/15. In-state applicant.

Did anyone interview at MCW 2 weeks ago?