Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I
I know I have posted about this before- but I still don't understand why dental students haven't been invited to apply to this program. It's really strange to me. You all applied and will find out May 15th, but if dental students haven't even gotten an invite how do we apply or get in. I'm starting to think they took this option out for the dental students since no one has gotten an invite.
Im also a dental student and I’m wondering the same thing.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe if we were all given invites they saw potential in us? I think all of us have solid chances!! I am willing to wait as much as possible for their decision! Honestly this is basically my last chance at med school and I am willing to wait however much it takes for a decision!
Great insight on the situation. I agree. Even though it's tough

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
So I'm hoping everyone gets in. I feel for all who have to make a move since I'm making two moves in the next four months. You guys should start looking for housing anyway since when you get the letter you'll be ready to rock. Good luck to everyone going back in this round. I'm not planning to apply again until June 2020. I'm going to keep eye out. I'm excited for all y'all and the next move.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
God got it all worked out we just need to be patient

Reactions: 7 users
And if i really have to up and move to Nashville I’ll be looking for a roommate or roommates need to limit at much debt at least before medical school ‍♀️

Reactions: 2 users
If we all rent a mansion rent would be super cheap

Reactions: 5 users
Maybe if we were all given invites they saw potential in us? I think all of us have solid chances!! I am willing to wait as much as possible for their decision! Honestly this is basically my last chance at med school and I am willing to wait however much it takes for a decision!

This...same here!

And if i really have to up and move to Nashville I’ll be looking for a roommate or roommates need to limit at much debt at least before medical school ‍♀
Same. I plan on not having my car so I'm down for living in one of the on campus apartments

Same. I plan on not having my car so I'm down for living in one of the on campus apartments
Look to see how public transit is and if it's feasible to be without your car. Uber/lfyt add up real quick especially if people with cars aren't dependable or you don't want to depend on them

Look to see how public transit is and if it's feasible to be without your car. Uber/lfyt add up real quick especially if people with cars aren't dependable or you don't want to depend on them
Oh, imma make it work regardless. Plus, I have a little putt putt. She can't make it to TN and is on her last legs lol. And forreal, having a car will make me that much more tempted to go to target to buy things I don't need.

Ikr I'm coming from Cali and all I know is I need at least a good 2 to 3 months to figure this out.

+1 on that!!! I'll be coming all the way from Cali, so literally moving my life if this happens!!! :nailbiting:

I just looked one of them up. It looks pretty nice lol. And cheap compared to Cali prices for sure.
I think a whole lot willbe cheaper than Cali prices lol I dont live there but I heard that the cost of living would make me pass out. Hahaha

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
I honestly didn't expect the decision by April 30, especially after they had another "priority deadline".

Reactions: 4 users
I just looked one of them up. It looks pretty nice lol. And cheap compared to Cali prices for sure.
Yeah, it’s the south so the apartments will be cheaper than Cali and east coast prices.. which will make it better for us , especially if we have roommates..

I’m hoping that will be an option for us. I was thinking the same. I’m only maybe 3-4 hours away and don’t want to really sign an apartment lease yet until I check the area out. I know zero about Nashville.

I’m hoping that will be an option for us. I was thinking the same. I’m only maybe 3-4 hours away and don’t want to really sign an apartment lease yet until I check the area out. I know zero about Nashville.
Yeah, I looked on their website and they looked nice. So hopefully they'll have some units still open by the time we get acceptances

This school is stressing me. I agree with everything being says. My biggest concern is housing. I have friends going to Meharry dental in the fall and they struggled to find a place. They ended up finding something cheap about 15-20 minutes from Meharry. My friend who goes to Vanderbilt says living in the city near the schools isn’t cheap.

Did anyone apply to the Morehouse MS in Medical Science?

Did anyone apply to the Morehouse MS in Medical Science?

Lol i tried but half way through the app I got lazy and gave up. Asked you to fill out a course sheet during the app (when they could easily look at my transcripts )

Does that program have linkage too or a proven track record of people getting into Medical school/dental school?
It’s geared towards pre-med students, as they offer MCAT prep ( I’m pretty positive they don’t offer DAT prep, but not 100% certain). Most of their students do matriculate into Medical school, typically at MSM.

It’s geared towards pre-med students, as they offer MCAT prep ( I’m pretty positive they don’t offer DAT prep, but not 100% certain). Most of their students do matriculate into Medical school, typically at MSM.
Yeah i think the program is pretty similar... but not necessarily a guarantee like Meharry’s MHS. Also it’s a two year program , so that’s the down side.

I got an invitation email back in March. Is it pointless to apply this late?

Does anyone have any type of insight into the acceptance rate of this program? Like what are our chances of actually getting in?

Those of you reapplying this cycle what did you do differently to enhance your app? Re-take the MCAT? More courts work?

That’s the reason I’m not applying this cycle. Just don’t feel like I’ve done enough to change or improve my application. Next time I apply I’m tryna have schools begging me to come lol. This cycle was rough. And EXPENSIVE AF.

Those of you reapplying this cycle what did you do differently to enhance your app? Re-take the MCAT? More courts work?

That’s the reason I’m not applying this cycle. Just don’t feel like I’ve done enough to change or improve my application. Next time I apply I’m tryna have schools begging me to come lol. This cycle was rough. And EXPENSIVE AF.
MCAT, mAcT, McAt !!!!

Better MCAT score. Took 5 undergrad science classes this semester to boost my gpa. Research.

I’m also only applying to 5 schools this cycle.

Lol just got my Mcat score .. 504 127/121/127/129 . Cars is ass so Im sadly going to retake .Definitely haven’t improved in my app so I’m not applying this cycle .

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone want to form a Skype study group for this summer ? I’m may retake then if I find someone .

Reactions: 7 users
I might start studying for a retake too. I’m so sick of the MCAT.

Definitely MCAT. Also have new work experience. I had some horrible family stuff before and during my MCAT exam and the cycle so I discuss that in my new statement.

Hello Everyone, Im glad I found this chat. I applied a few weeks ago and I am hoping to get an interview and acceptance.

New courses, volunteer work, shadowing, new recommendation letters, and MCAT.

Finally, was able to reach admissions (have been calling since the beginning of April). The gentleman on the phone said notification will be sent out via email May 15. :corny:

Reactions: 5 users
Finally, was able to reach admissions (have been calling since the beginning of April). The gentleman on the phone said notification will be sent out via email May 15. :corny:
Hopefully they stick to that date.

Reactions: 3 users
Did you guys actually get an email informing you guys of the new May15th date. I just called and a women said that we would hear something this month, she didn’t mention a date, and that many were sent a email updating them on the application process. I actually didn’t get an email. But she she said that means my application is still under review.

Did you guys actually get an email informing you guys of the new May15th date. I just called and a women said that we would hear something this month, she didn’t mention a date, and that many were sent a email updating them on the application process. I actually didn’t get an email. But she she said that means my application is still under review.

When was this email sent?

I might start studying for a retake too. I’m so sick of the MCAT.
Same !! Already took it twice !! Also really need help with cars and psych/soc! Does anyone have any good known schedules from sdn/tips /any recs? Really don’t want to take it during the program if I get accepted!

I just called after reading your reply and May must be the month because a kind lady answered and placed me on hold to get a specific update for those who applied early on (I applied before 4/1 and also informed her that) and she said:

Those who applied early should look out for an email 5/15 for an status update. I hope this helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.