Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same !! Already took it twice !! Also really need help with cars and psych/soc! Does anyone have any good known schedules from sdn/tips /any recs? Really don’t want to take it during the program if I get accepted!
Khan academy videos for Psychology Sociology section is golden. Watch them all and take notes/screenshots!

Reactions: 2 users
Same !! Already took it twice !! Also really need help with cars and psych/soc! Does anyone have any good known schedules from sdn/tips /any recs? Really don’t want to take it during the program if I get accepted!

100 pg doc should do with khan as visualizer .

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys actually get an email informing you guys of the new May15th date. I just called and a women said that we would hear something this month, she didn’t mention a date, and that many were sent a email updating them on the application process. I actually didn’t get an email. But she she said that means my application is still under review.

So we should’ve gotten an email saying we will find out on May 15th if our application is already processed?? This is so confusing lol

So we should’ve gotten an email saying we will find out on May 15th if our application is already processed?? This is so confusing lol
That’s what she said... but idk it didn’t seem like she was an admission rep, just someone who worked there. Cause she didn’t know about the May 15th date either.

Reactions: 1 user
That’s what she said... but idk it didn’t seem like she was an admission rep, just someone who worked there. Cause she didn’t know about the May 15th date either.
Raise your hand if you received that email? Lol *keeps hand down*

I definitely didnt get an email ‍♀️

She also said they got about 5,000 applications this cycle. That’s why they pushed back the decision date. Disclaimer i don’t know how true that is, that’s why i didn’t mention it at first. It seems unlikely to me that the would get that many applications but still send another email about priority deadline. She may have been talking about 5,000 applications for all graduate programs at meharry not just MHS. I just stopped asking questions cause it seemed like she didn’t really know.

• Wow
She also said they got about 5,000 applications this cycle. That’s why they pushed back the decision date. Disclaimer i don’t know how true that is, that’s why i didn’t mention it at first. It seems unlikely to me that the would get that many applications but still send another email about priority deadline. She may have been talking about 5,000 applications for all graduate programs at meharry not just MHS. I just stopped asking questions cause it seemed like she didn’t really know.

I PRAY she was talking about all graduate programs or maybe even the med school because if it’s for MHS, our chances go waaaaay down

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah, 5000 sounds like for all of their programs and they are probably swamped because it. Unless they really sent the MHS invite everyone who was rejected:confused:

Yeah, 5000 sounds like for all of their programs and they are probably swamped because it. Unless they really sent the MHS invite everyone who was rejected:confused:
Lol I highly doubt that they got 5,000 MHS applications in like a month or so

Reactions: 3 users
Lol I highly doubt that they got 5,000 MHS applications in like a month or so
Exactly. Lol. Unless they are evaluating how many people are going to accept because *wishful thinking* there are ~40 of us in this group (yup I counted) and if we're the only ones and they are adjusting the MHS class size then we're good. (Note all hypothetical in my brain )

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah we she said 5,000 i stopped listening cause i knew she didn’t really know what she was talking about, regarding the MHS program. I just hope they stick to the Msy 15th date.

5000 apps seems right for the Med school. And considering they consider all those folks for the MHS, our chances are the same as the have always been.

Soulja boy voice** 5,000?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
I estimate at maximum they get about 140 apps by the deadline if you include us, lurkers, people they met at conferences, and people who told their friends or those who just applied pre-rejection. And this is pushing it to me being that this is the first time they let people apply and being that alot of folks may not wish to do a masters at Meharry if they feel its unnecessary for their case.

I have to say I’m really concerned and stressed. I have called Meharry a few times and can’t get through. I finally got through to someone and she said there were 7,000 applications this year and we should hear something in May. She didn’t give an exact day just some time in May. What concerns me is that she said they sent out an email about the date change, but I didn’t receive an email. Did anyone else?

I have to say I’m really concerned and stressed. I have called Meharry a few times and can’t get through. I finally got through to someone and she said there were 7,000 applications this year and we should hear something in May. She didn’t give an exact day just some time in May. What concerns me is that she said they sent out an email about the date change, but I didn’t receive an email. Did anyone else?
I spoke to the same lady she said 5,000 then 7,000. She told me the same thing. I think she may be confused about the info. I’m gonna call another time to try to talk to someone else.

Last edited:
Y'all, don't stress. We'll hear when we here. Lol. When you dig a hole it just gets bigger. Let's just chillax and wait for these acceptances. LoL

Y'all, don't stress. We'll hear when we hear. Lol. When you dig a hole it just gets bigger. Let's just chillax and wait for these acceptances. LoL

I spoke to the same lady she said 5,000 then 7,000. She told me the same thing. I think she may be confused about the info. I’m gonna call another time to try to talk to someone else.
Let me know what you find out.

Hey what’s up guys. I posted a while back; I’m on the dental side of things. I received an offer into the program today. I didn’t apply for the program, but I guess this is their way of telling me I didn’t get in for the dental class of 2023. I feel like I’m ready now, but Meharry has always been a lifelong dream so I’m running with it. I assume Med side should be getting their invites soon

Y'all, don't stress. We'll hear when we hear. Lol. When you dig a hole it just gets bigger. Let's just chillax and wait for these acceptances. LoL
I wish I could, but MCAT testing date, full time job, family, health insurance, breaking of my current lease cost and other life issues are all being affected by if I will have to up and move to another state. The sooner they tell us, the sooner I can look at the cost of everything and make plans accordingly.

Hey what’s up guys. I posted a while back; I’m on the dental side of things. I received an offer into the program today. I didn’t apply for the program, but I guess this is their way of telling me I didn’t get in for the dental class of 2023. I feel like I’m ready now, but Meharry has always been a lifelong dream so I’m running with it. I assume Med side should be getting their invites soon
What is the application deadline shown on the email invite they sent you?

You received an invite to apply to the program or you received and offer/ acceptance into the program ?

What is the application deadline shown on the email invite they sent you?
They told me “ Accept offer” or “I am no longer interested in Meharry Medical College” No later than Friday July 20th

Congrats!

I wish I could, but MCAT testing date, full time job, family, health insurance, breaking of my current lease cost and other life issues are all being affected by if I will have to up and move to another state. The sooner they tell us, the sooner I can look at the cost of everything and make plans accordingly.
True story. I'm in the same position except no family. I'm just tired of stressing over this to the point where I'm like....aite. I'll know when I know lol. And from there I trust GOD will help me take care of business.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
They told me “ Accept offer” or “I am no longer interested in Meharry Medical College” No later than Friday July 20th
Congrats!! Are you going to take the offer and do the MHS program?

True story. I'm in the same position except no family. I'm just tired of stressing over this to the point where I'm like....aite. I'll know when I know lol. And from there I trust GOD will help me take care of business.
That’s a good perspective to have. I’m trying not to stress, but it’s tough especially when you have other people and financial responsibilities.

Same here. I have all my trust in God. I did my part and now I just have to be patient.

You got accepted into the MHS program without applying to it?

That’s a good perspective to have. I’m trying not to stress, but it’s tough especially when you have other people and financial responsibilities.
Things will work out for you. Hopefully, you won’t have to stress much longer about making decisions regarding your family. Praying everything works in your favor.

Things will work out for you. Hopefully, you won’t have to stress much longer about making decisions regarding your family. Praying everything works in your favor.
Thanks! Hopefully we all hear something soon.

Hey y’all I wanted to come and shed some positivity to this thread. I applied to this program back before the priority deadline and was really wanting to go however I just received my first MD acceptance and will be matriculating. The school that I got into has an average mcat that is almost 20 points higher than mine and Average Gpa that is .4 higher than mine. I’m saying all of that to say never give up. You never know what will happen. Don’t let naysayers, wolves in sheep clothing, or even your own negative thoughts tell you that you can’t do it. I know this is a stressful process but if you keep pushing and keep God First you will eventually get there. Remember your journey is your journey. Don’t worry about anybody else’s. My favorite saying is “god doesn’t call the qualified he qualifies the called” I’m praying for each and everyone of you that all of your desires are met and you reach and surpass every goal that you set for yourselves. Good luck to you all!

• Love
Reactions: 22 users
Hey y’all I wanted to come and shed some positivity to this thread. I applied to this program back before the priority deadline and was really wanting to go however I just received my first MD acceptance and will be matriculating. The school that I got into has an average mcat that is almost 20 points higher than mine and Average Gpa that is .4 higher than mine. I’m saying all of that to say never give up. You never know what will happen. Don’t let naysayers, wolves in sheep clothing, or even your own negative thoughts tell you that you can’t do it. I know this is a stressful process but if you keep pushing and keep God First you will eventually get there. Remember your journey is your journey. Don’t worry about anybody else’s. My favorite saying is “god doesn’t call the qualified he qualifies the called” I’m praying for each and everyone of you that all of your desires are met and you reach and surpass every goal that you set for yourselves. Good luck to you all!
Super congrats! Thanks for the inspirational words

Wow Amen to that. Much needed words. indeed, God qualifies the called. I needed to hear that sentence. Thank you so much

Y'all, don't stress. We'll hear when we here. Lol. When you dig a hole it just gets bigger. Let's just chillax and wait for these acceptances. LoL
Thank you for being the voice of reason.

Congrats!! Thanks for the words of encouragement!!

Amazing! Congrats!!

Congrats

Congrats!! Are you going to take the offer and do the MHS program?
I moved to Nashville to go to Meharry. I’ve been here 3 years now. So yeah I’m accepting it. See y’all soon classmates; we gotta lean on each other!!!

Reactions: 10 users
They just sent me an email saying that they got everything and that a decision would be made by June 1st

Reactions: 7 users

Status
Not open for further replies.