Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
My heart skipped a beat when I saw Meharry sent an email!

Reactions: 3 users
My heart dropped when I saw the email. I told the doctor I work with about the email and she said "JUNE 1ST?!" Lol

Reactions: 2 users
They must have decided not to do priority decision if everyone is heading back on June 1

Reactions: 1 users
I would like to ask admissions about the “priority consideration” now...

My heart skipped 2 beats when I saw the email !!! Lol. Glad I wasn’t the only one ! Hopefully we hear something BEFORE June 1st! *prayers up!*

I'm getting from the email that if you haven't got an acceptance by June 1st you were not accepted. So like that's the last day you will know. Hopefully the first wave of acceptances is still May 15. So it's really just two weeks that they will be sending out acceptances.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my email stating my application had been received and is under review as well.

Reactions: 1 user
I think we were all in the same boat with that email. June the 1st it is (most likely anyway)

They must have decided not to do priority decision if everyone is heading back on June 1
It says no later than June 1st so I'm guessing they may still do priority but ALL of the decisions will be out by June 1st for those who either didn't apply priority or didn't get accepted. Just my guess....they definitely are not going to give us a specific date because they know they will receive calls from everyone if the decision isn't out by that date...like on Tuesday :laugh:

I don’t even know what to say anymore. I guess we can’t do anything but wait. Hopefully this extra time they are using is to consider everyone in this group and accept us.. that’s all i can say at this point lol

They really gotta change how they start these emails man. Don’t “On behalf” me until it’s decision time fam. My heart literally dropped to my stomach smh.

Reactions: 8 users
They really gotta change how they start these emails man. Don’t “On behalf” me until it’s decision time fam. My heart literally dropped to my stomach smh.

Yeah, they got me too when I read that. Lol.

Yo... i was so scared.. my heart was beating.. then i read the rest of the email thoroughly.. and calmed down lol

This!!!! That line made me think I was rejected

Hey what’s up guys. I posted a while back; I’m on the dental side of things. I received an offer into the program today. I didn’t apply for the program, but I guess this is their way of telling me I didn’t get in for the dental class of 2023. I feel like I’m ready now, but Meharry has always been a lifelong dream so I’m running with it. I assume Med side should be getting their invites soon
If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? Congrats on getting in!!

Hey Y'all I live in Nashville- My whole entire life! If you have any questions on where to get apartments or questions about nashville just contact me! Bellvue has the best apartments it's only about a 7-mile drive from Meharry and it's cheaper and safe!

Reactions: 8 users
I know our stress levels are high but for those of you who are believers, here's the bible verse of the day:
"Pray continually " 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Reactions: 12 users
I got an email too. At least we got a deadline now and start making some plans.

Anyone call for clarity?

Hey y’all I wanted to come and shed some positivity to this thread. I applied to this program back before the priority deadline and was really wanting to go however I just received my first MD acceptance and will be matriculating. The school that I got into has an average mcat that is almost 20 points higher than mine and Average Gpa that is .4 higher than mine. I’m saying all of that to say never give up. You never know what will happen. Don’t let naysayers, wolves in sheep clothing, or even your own negative thoughts tell you that you can’t do it. I know this is a stressful process but if you keep pushing and keep God First you will eventually get there. Remember your journey is your journey. Don’t worry about anybody else’s. My favorite saying is “god doesn’t call the qualified he qualifies the called” I’m praying for each and everyone of you that all of your desires are met and you reach and surpass every goal that you set for yourselves. Good luck to you all!
Congratulations!

Hey does anyone know if there’s a group chat or Facebook page for students who’ve confirmed to be in the MHS program this Fall?

Hey does anyone know if there’s a group chat or Facebook page for students who’ve confirmed to be in the MHS program this Fall?
Probably one of y'all can start a Facebook page. We planned on starting one but since we possibly may not hear back until June 1st someone can start it that has been accepted

I don’t think pre-dental students had to fill out the MHS app because the dental school seems like it’s popping compared to the medical school stat wise and stuff because I never hear anything bad about the dental school so their side of the admissions staff is probably still selecting ppl based on invite only and the MD side maybe the only side offering the app. Idk just an assumption. Either way I hope we all get good news soon and congrats to the dents that have been admitted!

If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? Congrats on getting in!!
3.0 Undergrad
3.6 Grad
DAT 18
That undergrad GPA hit different when ya priorities ain’t straight lol.

• Haha
Hi!!
Does any one know how winter break works for this program? I have tried looking at the old schedules but it says fall semester ends on nov 30 and spring classes start early Jan? So what happens in dec? Thankyou !! Sorry if this has already been answered!!

Hi!!
Does any one know how winter break works for this program? I have tried looking at the old schedules but it says fall semester ends on nov 30 and spring classes start early Jan? So what happens in dec? Thankyou !! Sorry if this has already been answered!!

Based on what was stated earlier, those who don’t have the required MCAT/DAT scores continue the Kaplan prep course that starts around thanksgiving. Those that do are allowed to do research. I’m not really sure if there’s an actual “break” in the middle of that.

Based on what was stated earlier, those who don’t have the required MCAT/DAT scores continue the Kaplan prep course that starts around thanksgiving. Those that do are allowed to do research. I’m not really sure if there’s an actual “break” in the middle of that.

Yep!

Classes ended the Monday before Thanksgiving. and they didnt resume again until somewhere around January 21st.
Kaplan test prep classes started the Monday after Thanksgiving, and it lasted until something like January 19th.
For all the people that had the necessary scores, they spend those weeks doing research on campus.

For all of those who have confirmed that they’re going to do the MHS program this Fall. There is a closed Facebook group called Meharry MHS 2019.

Seems the dent side is moving faster the the med side of things..

Meharry is scaring me with these random emails!!

Meharry got one more good time to play with my emotions...smh...:cautious:

• Haha
Bruhhhhh Meharry needs to be stopped. Almost had a heart attack with that email

Yeeeeaaahhh they gotta chill ! My hands are still shaking as I am typing this !! Once I get in and get cool with them imma have to kindly tell them about themselves scaring ppl like this! Lol

SN: I love this forum ! How we can all get in here and relate to one another etc. as soon as I got that email my first thought was to jump in here and say my peace as well ! Lol

Reactions: 6 users
I also just realized the subject said something about “Meet MHS Graduate...” hahaha in that moment I wasn’t thinking about even looking at time before I had a heart attack haha

Status
Not open for further replies.