Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like we need to find a way to call the committee lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Same. But I don't want to dwell on and it speak it into existence. God didn't get me this far in my journey, with all the bumps in the road, for me to not make and become a great doctor. So, I'm claiming it.
Amen !! My sentiments exactly !! That’s what I have to keep reminding myself during all of this confusion. Romans 8:28! We have to remain patient and in prayer for peace. I can tell we are all gonna make some bomb physicians and they need more ppl of color with perseverance to face adversity. It’s all apart of the journey. We are going to be more appreciative and work harder than someone who was just handed an acceptance, and took God’s glory. We got this y’all ! Hang in there ! It’s gonna work out. Don’t give up. “we’re all in this togetherrrrr....” LOL

Reactions: 7 users
Amen !! My sentiments exactly !! That’s what I have to keep reminding myself during all of this confusion. Romans 8:28! We have to remain patient and in prayer for peace. I can tell we are all gonna make some bomb physicians and they need more ppl of color with perseverance to face adversity. It’s all apart of the journey. We are going to be more appreciative and work harder than someone who was just handed an acceptance, and took God’s glory. We got this y’all ! Hang in there ! It’s gonna work out. Don’t give up. “we’re all in this togetherrrrr....” LOL
All of this!

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your cares upon Him for He careth for you <---- the verse that's gotten me through my toughest times. Even have it tatted on me. We got this yall, otherwise we would had never gotten the initial invites

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think its a waste of time and energy to call; its quite obvious that even internally they don't have a clue what is going on. I wonder if its wise to spend this kind of money on a program and we have no clue what the expectations are to matriculate into medical school. I wonder if this is just a way to bring more money into the school from hopefuls like us

The expectations will be in the contract so I mean we’ll still know before actually starting the program. People can always not sign the contract

All of this!

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your cares upon Him for he careth for you <---- the verse that's gotten me through my toughest times. Even have it tatted on me. We got this yall, otherwise we would had never gotten the initial invites
We have to keep that in mind ! I’m grateful to be this far with a medical school. We are gonna get through ! && That’s a great one ! Another one that gets me through is Proverbs 3:5-6!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone want to call and ask if they can speak to someone representing the committee?
To be honest, at this point, there is no point of calling anyone, neither admissions or the committee. It’s very apparent that they themselves don’t know what their doing. The continue to give use multiple dates that they don’t even stick by. Plus everyone who calls gets a different answer and it just causes more confusion. As annoying as this is to me, we just gonna have to wait it out! Smh

Plus calling takes them away from further processing everything. We'll know when we know.

Reactions: 3 users
To be honest, at this point, there is no point of calling anyone, neither admissions or the committee. It’s very apparent that they themselves don’t know what their doing. The continue to give use multiple dates that they don’t even stick by. Plus everyone who calls gets a different answer and it just causes more confusion. As annoying as this is to me, we just gonna have to wait it out! Smh

I’m calling on principle once Friday comes around tho lol

Not only that can you imagine the amount of money they stand to make on this from tuition for those of us who get in the MHS but won't be albel to matriculate to the Med Program. What will I do with a MHS?
Keep your eyes on the prize. Don’t let doubt creep into your mind.

On our journey to becoming medical
Professionals we’re going to face a lot of obstacles. Say it everyday in the mirror and write it down so you can see it.

I've been lurkin on this forum for the past few months and I've shared basically every sentiment. I just wanted to thank yall for keeping it real and helping me feel like I'm not in this process alone. Since I live in Nashville, I've had the privilege of running up on admissions a few times and even had a meeting with Dr. Lima (dean of graduate studies) who was very sweet and told me admissions bit off more than they could chew this year. This process has been a lot but I'm glad everyone is trying to stay positive. Can't wait to see yall in August (hopefully!)

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My M1 (now M2?!?) friends who went through the MHS program said you kinda have to be an actual idiot to not matriculate (or realize this field isn't for you). Hopefully that will ease your mind!

Also calling won't help since everything seems to be disjointed within the administration rn.

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Those that submitted the housing application. Did y’all put your full bank account numbers? Idk how I feel about that

Those that submitted the housing application. Did y’all put your full bank account numbers? Idk how I feel about that

I personally did not submit the housing app just yet because of this exact reason!! :( Especially since we haven't been accepted yet!!

Speaking of housing, while we all wait patiently, may I ask why it seems like everyone is trying to apply to Morena versus the royal towers? It seems like royal towers are a little older, maybe lack small extra luxuries like a gym, and share laundry on floors, but that's about all the differences I am seeing.. what am I missing?? The royal towers are also cheaper correct? thanks!

I wonder if I can submit and not put my bank account yet

So I just called and was transferred to the admissions office. The lady I talked to seemed very knowledgeable. I called because I was accepted into another linkage program that starts in July and I need an answer from Meharry and that's what I told her and she said:
Decisions were supposed to get out sooner but we missed the June 1st deadline and now the director of the program met with the committee so that decisions are sent out next week. She said there are other programs as well that decisions will be released before mhs and since orientation is not until August 1st, decisions will be out next week.
SO decisions are definitely coming out next week. Based on the fact that she was confident, I believe her so y'all hang in there.

Reactions: 5 users
I personally did not submit the housing app just yet because of this exact reason!! :( Especially since we haven't been accepted yet!!

Speaking of housing, while we all wait patiently, may I ask why it seems like everyone is trying to apply to Morena versus the royal towers? It seems like royal towers are a little older, maybe lack small extra luxuries like a gym, and share laundry on floors, but that's about all the differences I am seeing.. what am I missing?? The royal towers are also cheaper correct? thanks!
I really want my own washer and dryer in unit and I like having the gym. Plus, we're able to see the Morena floorplan online but they do not have any website for the Royal Towers (I've done a very thorough google search and couldn't find much of anything). I sent an email to housing requesting a brochure or something for the Royal Towers.

I really want my own washer and dryer in unit and I like having the gym. Plus, we're able to see the Morena floorplan online but they do not have any website for the Royal Towers (I've done a very thorough google search and couldn't find much of anything). I sent an email to housing requesting a brochure or something for the Royal Towers.
If you get it please post on here :)

So I just called and was transferred to the admissions office. The lady I talked to seemed very knowledgeable. I called because I was accepted into another linkage program that starts in July and I need an answer from Meharry and that's what I told her and she said:
Decisions were supposed to get out sooner but we missed the June 1st deadline and now the director of the program met with the committee so that decisions are sent out next week. She said there are other programs as well that decisions will be released before mhs and since orientation is not until August 1st, decisions will be out next week.
SO decisions are definitely coming out next week. Based on the fact that she was confident, I believe her so y'all hang in there.

So now we gotta wait another week. :arghh:

Reactions: 1 users
At least we won’t have to wait until the end of June...

Thanks so much for doing that... I am also in your same situation :(

Got it, thanks so much!! :) I remember one person said that housing was full, does that apply to all or were u guys talking about Morena only??

I think its a waste of time and energy to call; its quite obvious that even internally they don't have a clue what is going on. I wonder if its wise to spend this kind of money on a program and we have no clue what the expectations are to matriculate into medical school. I wonder if this is just a way to bring more money into the school from hopefuls like us
Lmao! I been saying this for so long in this thread, and at least i know someone finally gets it. I'd advise yall to have a backup school program just in case so things doesn't come as a complete shock when it goes south.

For the housing application for Morena, did y’all enter y’all Landlord’s information? And i believe someone already said it in the chat but who are we suppose to put done for references? Thanks

For the housing application for Morena, did y’all enter y’all Landlord’s information? And i believe someone already said it in the chat but who are we suppose to put done for references? Thanks
I live in an Apt so I put the name of the company and their address for the leasing office.
@DarkBluMage said she called and they said emergency contacts.

Thnx for the update & congrats on the other program. What was the other linkage program you were accepted to?

Thank you for this information! What was the linkage program you were accepted to that starts in July?

This Thread has been very informative. I am sure that everyone will be admitted. I also do know that the MHS program was not only invitation only, they also opened it up to prospective students who were interested in applying to the program generally. So I am assuming that is why they extended the class to 100. I did see that some of SDN member were talking about housing. I was wondering if you guys are located all in Nashville, if so could you list some cheaper close by zip codes or neighborhoods that would be a good commute to and from the school. I know that would be looking for a roommate if admitted could we start a list of people looking for roommates that would be pretty cool. So just your username and price point.

Is there also anyone who applied to the dental school and was invited to apply for the MHS program as well.

love the support through out this post.

Reactions: 4 users
This Thread has been very informative. I am sure that everyone will be admitted. I also do know that the MHS program was not only invitation only, they also opened it up to prospective students who were interested in applying to the program generally. So I am assuming that is why they extended the class to 100. I did see that some of SDN member were talking about housing. I was wondering if you guys are located all in Nashville, if so could you list some cheaper close by zip codes or neighborhoods that would be a good commute to and from the school. I know that would be looking for a roommate if admitted could we start a list of people looking for roommates that would be pretty cool. So just your username and price point.

Is there also anyone who applied to the dental school and was invited to apply for the MHS program as well.

love the support through out this post.
Most of us are out of state I believe and the dental students didn't have to apply, they just got email offers to accept or reject.

I was wondering if you guys are located all in Nashville, if so could you list some cheaper close by zip codes or neighborhoods that would be a good commute to and from the school. I know that would be looking for a roommate if admitted could we start a list of people looking for roommates that would be pretty cool. So just your username and price point.

No one I know lives on campus but there is plenty of housing around that neighborhood...I would suggest somewhere in West Nashville instead of North Nashville/Germantown tho. My friends split a 2br/3ba apartment in Bellevue for about $750/person and it takes 13 mins to get to campus (18 during rush hour). Meharry is in-between two major roads, Jefferson (historically black area now being gentrified with absurd rent even though junkies still hang around the corners) and Charlotte (the other side of the train tracks). There are a lot of trendy neighborhoods all up and down those streets heading west (Sylvan Park, Urbandale Nations, Charlotte Park, and Hillwood, West Nashville/Bellevue). Nashville is pretty much run by musicians and students so looking for housing near Vanderbilt/Belmont/Lipscomb area is also a good bet. If you love your wallet, lots of space, and mad traffic, get a place in the triangle between the airport, the zoo, and Antioch.

(I've lived in Bellevue my whole life except during undergrad and work at Vandy. Issa smooth 20 min commute)

Status
Not open for further replies.