Meharry Medical College Master of Health Science 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@mernak20 Did you email someone in admissions? Or call? Idk who to reach out to and I live in Nashville smh
I went to the Cal turner building and that's where graduate admissions is

Members don't see this ad.

I received an acceptance email and it said I need to fill out a grad school admission application and I’m not sure how to pay the deposit. Can anyone help or speak more to this?
Everyone has had the same problem. I believe admissions is working on a way for us to pay the deposit.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to the Cal turner building and that's where graduate admissions is
I live here so I can go there also but did you meet with anyone in person or were they just kind of like check your email or postbac application portal?

anybody else hear anything today?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi 😊 for graduate admissions are you calling anyone specifically? Cause I can't find a number and the last time I tried to call, I called Dr. L 's private cellphone number 😂

Also 140 is a lot. Does that mean they increased the class size😊 and does anyone know if it's in person and also virtual?

Hi 😊 for graduate admissions are you calling anyone specifically? Cause I can't find a number and the last time I tried to call, I called Dr. L 's private cellphone number 😂

Also 140 is a lot. Does that mean they increased the class size😊 and does anyone know if it's in person and also virtual?
Office of the Dean and Graduate studies : 6153276533

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

It's been confirmed by admissions that the 2022-2023 year will be virtuall

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Thank you both for providing me with the information. Praying for the best for those who haven't heard

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone that is NOT from Nashville that plan on moving for the program?

Reactions: 3 users
I really pray that I am apart of the 100 applicants. I really think I am because I feel like the "NO's" have already been sent out.

I spoke to the admissions office yesterday and they mentioned that this year they have received the most applications ever this year! So let's hope for the best ☺️

Does anyone know if denials were sent out first or no?

Hello,

Congrats to those who’ve received acceptance already. If you’re comfortable, do you mind sharing your stats: gpa, research, and etc?

Hi y'all. Just received a rejection 😔😔

Aww really sorry to hear that!! I was rejected from all my masters programs last year so I totally know how you feel! Are you still waiting to hear back from other programs?

So sorry to hear that! This isn’t the end, so please don’t give up. Everyone’s journey is different, so keep trying.

Thank you so much to everyone on this thread. You guys were always so supportive. I did apply to a couple of linkage programs and I was fortunate to get accepted.
I wish everyone good luck and vibes on this application thread 😊

• Care
Thank you so much to everyone on this thread. You guys were always so supportive. I did apply to a couple of linkage programs and I was fortunate to get accepted.
Congrats on your other acceptances!!! You’ll get in to wherever you are truly meant to be. Good luck and whatever school you choose is super lucky to have you!❤️

• Love
YASSS!! Love this!! If you don't mind sharing which programs!! Good for you!! Get in where you fit in!!!

YASSS!! Love this!! If you don't mind sharing which programs!! Good for you!! Get in where you fit in!!!
Yes of course I don't mind sharing :) Meharry was actually my only MD linkage that I applied to. The other ones were geared towards DO schools. The schools that I applied to:
Midwestern Illinois (accepted)
Midwestern Arizona (accepted)
Touro Cali(waitlisted)
Touro Nevada (accepted)
Meharry (Rejected)

The journey won't end here for sure, thank you all for being so supportive :) I was really feeling down after receiving that rejection letter and feeling like if it was meant to be it would have happened by now, but everyone on this thread has been so nice.

I wish you all luck on this upcoming cycle :)

• Care
For those accepted go ahead and download Examplify as that is what you'll take your tests on as long as they don't switch it up. and for anyone new to the thread I posted a Welcome to Nashville pdf with apartments and places to eat, hang out, salons, etc. so just go back a couple pages to find it. Good luck to everyone even if you were accepted to another program versus this one, as long as we all reach our destination then you should all be proud of yourselves!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone got any acceptances yet? I am still waiting. I haven't received a no so that's pretty good.

Also still waiting! I just emailed them again today but I doubt they’ll respond lmao

Well I’m open to creating a GroupMe for us waiting lol and we can encourage each other in the interim.

Any DAT retakers?

Hi everyone! i’m currently in undergrad and i’m interested in this program, for those who have been accepted do you mind sharing your stats (mcat & gpa) and background (research & experience)?

Here’s the group

You're invited to my new group 'The Future MD/DDS Group' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Has it been radio silence for everyone these past few weeks?

To matriculate into the medical school? Yes.
To get into the program? Nope!
Wait I’m sorry this program has a acceptance route to the medical school??? I just got an invitation and acceptance to this program and I’ve never heard of it before sorry

Hi can I dm yo
Hi!!
  • I applied March 22nd and received my acceptance April 29th. First day of class was August 2nd (orientation was last week of July)
  • All of the classes are online at this time
  • In the program you must make atleast a 3.5 cGPA and a 503 MCAT score to matriculate to the medical school.
  • I don't know if most students had a research background...but I honestly don't think that's a requirement tbh
u I have alot of questions

I also just got the acceptance! I have a few questions:

Will it be virtual completely this upcoming year?
How much is tuition?
Is it true that you need a 503 and 3.5 to get into the med school or is it to get the guaranteed interview?
How hard is it to get the 3.5 for the program? That seems kind of high as some programs only require 3.0.

How much is tuition?
Is it true that you need a 503 and 3.5 to get into the med school or is it to get the guaranteed interview?
How hard is it to get the 3.5 for the program? That seems kind of high as some programs only require 3.0.
Its virtual
and they're saying 503 (so far) and it's guaranteed interview. Based on what those accepted to the med school are saying, they don't budge on the GPA and MCAT requirement.
For the first semester we're taking Neuroscience, Cell Bio, Biochem, and Human Physiology, so it's gonna be rigorous like med school.

How much is tuition?
Recent graduate of the program. The GPA and MCAT requirement will more than likely be the same, 503, 3.5. The 3.5 is definitely not too hard to maintain. I got 6 A's and 2 B's, your mentors will give you some resources to help out, yes it is rigorous because this program was technically designed to be a 2 year program and we are doing it in one but it is manageable for sure. Your cohort will be virtual and tuition for us I believe was about $62K give or take overall so yours will be close to the same thing, financial aid is available of course. And as long as you get the 3.5 and 503 then it is a guaranteed interview.

Fall Semester: Cell Bio, Neuro, Biochem, and Physiology
Spring Semester: Microbiology, Pharmacology, Anatomy, Pathology

Quizzes and Tests will be on Examplify, the MCAT/DAT prep class will run after Fall semester during winter break and you'll test in January unless you've tested and got a good score before the program starts in which case you'll do research or so.

I believe that covers everything

Any other questions I can answer feel free to place in the chat if it'll benefit everyone or DM me, I am happy to answer any questions as quick as possible. I am also pre-med so if any pre-dents have questions I will do my best but again I am on the medical side so my dental knowledge is slightly limited

They want you to fully focus on doing well in the program.