Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allengal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Mercer University that is applying regular?

Members don't see this ad.

hey allengal, I am applying regular decision to Mercer. I had an interview there Dec. 13. (app complete mid-November) Have you interviewed there? Did you apply to MCG also? I haven't heard from them yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,
I interviewed at Mercer on December 6. When I was there they said the committee wouldn't even meet until the end of Jan. but I was just curious as to whether that was true or not. I also applied to MCG and I haven't heard from them yet.

yeh, they told us they wouldn't meet until the end of January. i'm hoping my interviewer will remember me from what seems like so long ago!

allengal, (or anyone else on SDN who might be applying)have you heard anything yet? I'm hoping I will soon!

Mercer had an oganizational meeting the end of Jan. The first batch of acceptances will go out the end of the second week of Feb. or the start of the third week of Feb. It will go out in waves every few weeks after that.So sit tight , its almost over.

Thank you, smdpm. That eases my mind some! (even though I know it does me no good to worry) :)

I got my acceptance this past Thursday, which surprised me since smdpm said they wouldn't be sending them until the end of the 2nd week of February. But, I'm not complaining :D

Nebula-- Congrats on your acceptance. Have you decided if you're going to go to Mercer? Did you also apply to MCG (if so, did you get accepted)?

Ben

Thanks, Ben! Yep, I'm definitely going to Mercer. Are you applying? I was applying to MCG but withdrew my app after I got my acceptance to Mercer. I had an interview scheduled for MCG on 2/13.

No, I didn't apply this past year. I'm going to apply this fall (2002) for 2003. I graduated from college last year and need to finish up some premed classes before I apply. (I decided I wanted to be a doctor in the past year or so). Because I'll prob be applying to some of the schools you applied to (I live in ATL) I'm curious why you chose Mercer over MCG?

Thanks,
Ben

nebula, is mercer the only place you interviewed at? Just curious also as to why you chose Mercer over MCG....

I chose Mercer over MCG for a # of reasons:
1.the location is better for me, because Macon is MUCH closer to where most of my family lives (Augusta's about 3 hrs away from where I live now).
2.I would prefer problem-based learning over lectures. I know it takes a lot of self-discipline, but I believe it suits me better, and I'm a pretty independent learner anyway.They have a USMLE pass rate of something like 98%, so the problem based approach seems to work well.
3.Mercer's where I went to undergrad, so I already feel pretty much at home there, and know students who are in med school there now and are very happy with it.
4.Mercer's mission is pretty much in line with my own goal..I plan to practice in a rural/underserved area of GA.

Sorry that's such a long response, but that's pretty much how I made my decision. I have also interviewed @ Morehouse (only last week). I interviewed at MCG last yr and wasn't accepted, and from having interviews at both schools, I was able to decide which would be best for me.