2022-2023 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey y’all! Current Mercer med student here. Just wanted to hop on here to hopefully give y’all a little bit of peace of mind, as I know this is a stressful time. But Mercer is a great school that tends to pick the most passionate students. They are very mission focused when reviewing applications. Yes, they can be a little slow with the application process. For example, I interviewed last year in September and did not receive my acceptance until May. So with that being said, be patient and trust that you will get in… if not at Mercer, somewhere! If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer them

P.s. for those accepted, there are Facebook groups for the Savannah and Columbus campuses (not sure about Macon yet). I would advise you join to learn more about your classmates and get help with finding housing early
Curious if you have any thoughts/insight on folks who get deferred ED (and their chances of getting in RD)? For example, if you've come across any classmates in a similar situation and if it's common? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Curious if you have any thoughts/insight on folks who get deferred ED (and their chances of getting in RD)? For example, if you've come across any classmates in a similar situation and if it's common? Thanks!

I am not sure about this as I haven’t discussed this with any of my classmates. But I would assume that there is a good chance to be accepted due to the fact that you even had the stats to apply for ED. However, your acceptance may be a while later in the cycle as they have already began looking at original RD applicants too. But Mercer does look at applications holistically, so that goes into play as well

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted via email. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if there is a GroupMe for those accepted?

For those who have been accepted, does MUSM send any kind of welcome package in the mail?

For those who have been accepted, does MUSM send any kind of welcome package in the mail?
Yeah, I got one about a week after the call. It contained an acceptance letter, a banner, and some stickers.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think that this week we'll hear something?
that would be great but it may be until january at this point. i'm not even sure anymore if they met this month or if people just aren't reporting if they got accepted.

that would be great but it may be until january at this point. i'm not even sure anymore if they met this month or if people just aren't reporting if they got accepted.
Ah that’s true- between thanksgiving and Christmas I feel like the schedule that I’ve heard typically happening is off.. but I’m not sure.

If it's the case that they didn't meet last week, I feel like they would just push it to the next week (tomorrow)? I'm really curious if they just let a smaller amount of people in last week and it just happens that no one posted it.

i'm curious as well but it honestly doesn't seem like much chatter happens on here besides a few of us lol so that would definitely be true too! we will cross our fingers that we hear back tomorrow!

Reactions: 2 users
my app was verified Aug 30. I submitted secondary on Oct 6. Interviewed Nov 15. Got my acceptance call Dec 13!

Reactions: 3 users
I just withdrew from my interview so hopefully it can be given to one of y’all/ those with an II can reschedule to an earlier date!! Good luck everyone!! :)

Any advice on what to expect for the interview tomorrow?

Any advice on what to expect for the interview tomorrow?
Make sure to have one or two fun facts to share about yourself. I had to share one in the beginning and then when we met with the student ambassadors

Anybody hear back this week about acceptance or wait listed?

Is there a certain day of the week/month that Mercer releases post-interview decisions?

has anyone sent a letter of intent to mercer yet?
i interviewed in november and am not sure when is it too early?

i almost had a heart attack when i got a call from mercer university and they were just asking me for money :/

• Haha
amazing!! congratulations! did someone call? and on your secondary portal does it say anything different?
My interviewer called, and I was told that I would receive an email tomorrow morning. Nothing is showing up in my secondary portal yet.

Anyone that was deferred from ED post II heard anything yet? Radio silent since September on my end.

Hello guys,

I just thought I'd try and help anyone out who may have been in a similar situation as me. So, today, I just got the acceptance call from Mercer. It was awesome. For context, my primary was verified on 7/29/22. My secondary was completed on 08/19/22 ( I know I was late). I applied regular decision and didn't get an II until 11/28/22. My interview was on 01/03/23. If any of you would like to know more about what I did or any other stats, feel free to reach out. I was for the best of luck to you future doctors :)

II today. Was complete sometime in august

Reactions: 5 users