You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Mercer
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If I haven't gotten an II by now, is there anything I can do at this point that could help me? I have already submitted a letter of intent to another school, so I can't do that here. What about a letter of interest? The only major update I have tbh is an abstract submission and an upcoming article publication, so I don't think Mercer will care too much about my research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mspoopy420
Full Member
on platforms like sdn and admit.org it appears not, but this is all self reported jazz. maybe anyone can say if ppl joined the accepted students groupme in december??did anyone get an A in december, or have they not contacted anyone since november?
georgiagal
New Member
Congrats!! Did you get a call or email?I got the A!!! Yesterday at 4:50 pm. LM 63.5 interviewed 11/21
Is that when they release decisions? Every 3rd Wednesday of the month?Good luck to everyone waiting to hear tomorrow! Third Wednesday of the month! Let us know when you get a call.
Call!Congrats!! Did you get a call or email?
georgiagal
New Member
They call on the 3rd Wednesday of the month usually and then people will start getting emails either that Friday or the following Monday. At least that's what happened in November. And not every applicant will get a call but they might get an email later on! Trying not to lose hope hahaIs that when they release decisions? Every 3rd Wednesday of the month?
Slinginarrows
Full Member
I don’t think there is one if someone wants to make one that would be awesome!
Accepted students FB group email just went out. They are campus specificDoes anyone have accepted students groupme and would DM me the link?
I don’t live in a rural community but I work prn at a rural critical access hospital that I drive about 45 minutes to a couple times a month. Also did research aimed at that population. I also know some who have had no interaction with this population that were interviewed and accepted so to be honest I’m not sure everyone doesHey everyone! I’m a current 2nd year undergrad at uga and am very interested in going to mercer. I’m also from a place very close to macon but i don’t think its considered rural. How did you all show commitment to serving rural communities in your application?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
plsamdja
New Member
Thank. I’ve been looking at the school and i like it a lot. But through here and other places i’ve heard a lot of things about what they specifically like to see. Did u notice anything in your class or others that mercer liked in their app? Like mcat m/gpa or ecs? Also may be dumb question but what else do they consider rural involvement ?I don’t live in a rural community but I work prn at a rural critical access hospital that I drive about 45 minutes to a couple times a month. Also did research aimed at that population. I also know some who have had no interaction with this population that were interviewed and accepted so to be honest I’m not sure everyone does
georgiagal
New Member
Did anyone get an email today?
Yeah I’ve given up hope that I will hear from them. Oh well 🤷♀️Soooo has Mercer basically filled up most of their class already? I haven't seen any new ii in a while and there's less than a week left to get one....
Mercer doesn't like to fill up their class entirely during the interview season and usually leave 30-40 seats open for wait-listed students.Soooo has Mercer basically filled up most of their class already? I haven't seen any new ii in a while and there's less than a week left to get one....
what was the interview like? mine is coming upI got the A!!! Yesterday at 4:50 pm. LM 63.5 interviewed 11/21
Scooby-DooOnVHS
New Member
Is it just me or does it seem like there were very few acceptance calls/emails sent out in both December and January? SDN and Cycletrack have both been dead. I have been thinking ~positively~ by saying the reason for no call/email in December was due to the Holidays and now due to MLK on Monday followed by the snow/winter storm both Tuesday & Today.
Has anyone gotten an email? Accepted people plz enter the chat so I am not frantically refreshing this page and my email again tomorrow.
Has anyone gotten an email? Accepted people plz enter the chat so I am not frantically refreshing this page and my email again tomorrow.
medicine_limeade
New Member
Hi! I want to first say, I have no clue if this is 100% true, I can only go based off of what I see from my perspective as an accepted student. Also, the groupme is based from SDN, so if you are accepted and are not on here or know someone who has been accepted in the groupme, you may not know about it. Also, when I say people join, I mean more than 5 people at one time. Of course there is one or two at random that will join throughout the month as they find the link or talk to someone who is in the the groupme. Just a little disclaimer.Is it just me or does it seem like there were very few acceptance calls/emails sent out in both December and January? SDN and Cycletrack have both been dead. I have been thinking ~positively~ by saying the reason for no call/email in December was due to the Holidays and now due to MLK on Monday followed by the snow/winter storm both Tuesday & Today.
Has anyone gotten an email? Accepted people plz enter the chat so I am not frantically refreshing this page and my email again tomorrow.
The accepted student groupme currently has 51 members in it. In the month of November, around the third week, we had people join (these trickled in through the first week of December as well). There has not been an influx of people into the groupme since then. In September, October, and November, people mostly joined around the third week of the month. Last time I talked to admin department (around the third week in December), they were swamped, so that may have also impacted their timeline.
All of that is to say, the lack of people joining in December makes me think that they have not sent out a ton of acceptances since November. This months acceptances will probably be delayed as well due to Mercer being closed for the weather today and tomorrow (not sure if they were closed yesterday).
I hope this has maybe helped some with the anxiety as I know it can be very stressful! Best of luck to you and if you have any questions, just let me know!
mspoopy420
Full Member
Thanks for the insight! The waiting game is painfulHi! I want to first say, I have no clue if this is 100% true, I can only go based off of what I see from my perspective as an accepted student. Also, the groupme is based from SDN, so if you are accepted and are not on here or know someone who has been accepted in the groupme, you may not know about it. Also, when I say people join, I mean more than 5 people at one time. Of course there is one or two at random that will join throughout the month as they find the link or talk to someone who is in the the groupme. Just a little disclaimer.
The accepted student groupme currently has 51 members in it. In the month of November, around the third week, we had people join (these trickled in through the first week of December as well). There has not been an influx of people into the groupme since then. In September, October, and November, people mostly joined around the third week of the month. Last time I talked to admin department (around the third week in December), they were swamped, so that may have also impacted their timeline.
All of that is to say, the lack of people joining in December makes me think that they have not sent out a ton of acceptances since November. This months acceptances will probably be delayed as well due to Mercer being closed for the weather today and tomorrow (not sure if they were closed yesterday).
I hope this has maybe helped some with the anxiety as I know it can be very stressful! Best of luck to you and if you have any questions, just let me know!
Interview is 2 on 1 and mine was very laid back. Follow the questions on sdn and you’ll be fine. The interviewers can vary considerably though so it really just depends on who you get. I had two faculty members, both PhDs who were very nice. It was a fun, chill interview. You will have an opportunity to meet with a student from each campus who will answer questions from their own perspectivewhat was the interview like? mine is coming up
medicine_limeade
New Member
I know the waiting game can be very stressful and painful; but you've got this! If you have any questions please feel free to ask, I will try to answer to the best of my ability.Thanks for the insight! The waiting game is painful
i know of 2 people that were accepted last week. i heard its the last wednesday of every monthThanks for the insight! The waiting game is painful
plsacceptme!
Full Member
Is there any hope for regular pool applicants still waiting for an interview invite?
Last day to get one is today at 5 PM so…Is there any hope for regular pool applicants still waiting for an interview invite?
I think we’re cooked tbh.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
plsacceptme!
Full Member
I agree :/ I'm so bummed.I think we’re cooked tbh.
theglowpt2elephant
Full Member
I think they extended the interview deadline by about a week! can’t verify rn but when I checked pretty recently the date said very early February rather than today
The deadline below that original deadline seemed to be for those who applied ED and got deferred to RD. Then again, it says regardless of whether u applied ED or RD so now I’m super confused. Did anyone email admissions?
That would be nice if so. I imagine they lost time due to weather closures.I think they extended the interview deadline by about a week! can’t verify rn but when I checked pretty recently the date said very early February rather than today
plsacceptme!
Full Member
OK wait yayy I saw February 2nd on the portal and it gave me hope. Everyone keep their fingers crossed!I think they extended the interview deadline by about a week! can’t verify rn but when I checked pretty recently the date said very early February rather than today
thekewlone
Full Member
But it says 2024 - and the January 27th portion is still there?OK wait yayy I saw February 2nd on the portal and it gave me hope. Everyone keep their fingers crossed!
futureMD3726
New Member
Anyone know the chances of getting in after being deferred to RD from applying/interviewing ED in September? Haven’t heard anything yet…
plsacceptme!
Full Member
Is there no hope for an interview now? Still heard nothing..
thekewlone
Full Member
I also really want to know 🙁Is there no hope for an interview now? Still heard nothing..
Slinginarrows
Full Member
I am by no means certain, but I would say your chances of an interview invite at this point is very low. If yall were not accepted to any other schools and yall are planning on reapplying to Mercer, I would strongly suggest reviewing your app and writing and see if it closely aligns with their mission and if not make the adjustments for a stronger application next cycle. Good luck, Im rooting for both you!
I was accepted in January. Can someone send me the GroupMe link?
Slinginarrows
Full Member
GroupMe - Join the group for Mercer Medicine 2029 Macon
GroupMe - Join the group for Mercer Medicine 2029 Macon
groupme.com
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would you happen to know if there is one for Savannah?![]()
GroupMe - Join the group for Mercer Medicine 2029 Macon
GroupMe - Join the group for Mercer Medicine 2029 Macongroupme.com
Slinginarrows
Full Member
I found this link on the FB group for the macon campus. Not sure about Savannah
ChickenPubSub
New Member
This late, how difficult would it be to get an acceptance?
I interview today. I feel like it's too late in the cycle to have a decent chance :/
I interview today. I feel like it's too late in the cycle to have a decent chance :/
mspoopy420
Full Member
They wouldn’t waste time interviewing you if there wasn’t a chance!This late, how difficult would it be to get an acceptance?
I interview today. I feel like it's too late in the cycle to have a decent chance :/
ChickenPubSub
New Member
Anyone who got accepted, what was your Lizzy M score?