Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whynotme?

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there who has applied or is attending Mercer in Macon, Ga?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you talking about the undergrad or the medical school? Since this is a medical forum, I'll assume you're talking about the med school. The only reason I ask is because I attended the undergrad and worked at the med school with one of the basic science professors.

From what I have been told by people I know, the school is really nice. However, it is very small and there isn't much diversity. Also, they have tutorials or problem based learning. I think it is all problem based learning. As for Macon and Mercer in general, because it is such a small school and Macon isn't that large, there isn't that much to do. If you like a lot of activities, you can get bored pretty quickly.

The faculty and staff that I talked to while I worked at the med school were all EXTREMELY helpful and friendly. I think it helps that the school is small. They also have some research going on (I did neuroscience research) and their objective is to train doctors to work in Georgia. From what I have been told, if you are not a GA resident, don't bother to apply. You won't get in.

Thanks...just moved to Georgia and won't apply for a couple of years so, that should take care of the Ga residency problem
smile.gif