MHA MHA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smile matters

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!

I am currently applying to dental schools but I want to apply to a MHA degree as my backup. However, I would like to know how hard is it to get a job after getting the degree? Is MHA worth doing? Also, what is the average pay? I see it ranging from 65k to 85k, is that right?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!

I would advise you to pick MHA if you truly want to do it. Perhaps talk to others who have completed the degree or talk to the program directors to see what sort of work people with MHA do. You might think it's a good backup but then realize that you don't really like the administration side of things and that this backup degree wasn't worth it in the end.

To answer your question about the average pay, it depends on a few factors. What are you trying to get into? Insurance? Hospitals? Private practices? Consulting? It also varies on where in the US you're hoping to work as well, for example in the midwest it'd certainly be less than out west.