Michigan State c/o 2022 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
maybe we can all meet up before go time that morning? or maybe even drinks afterwards to calm the nerves? :happy:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I may be giving a tour on Friday and I apologize in advance if any of you end up being shown around by me because I am not a top notch tour guide. :hilarious:
What time? I can help if it's in the afternoon

Do y’all have a pre-interview song to pump you up or give you confidence ?? I always turn to Loyalty. by Kendrick Lamar (ft. RIHANNA) lol

I have heard a lot of people saying they are going on Friday. Is anyone on here going on Monday, MLK day? I have been looking through my wardrobe to see my sad accumulation of cold clothes. I'm coming from Texas and am certainly not prepared for that aspect.

I have heard a lot of people saying they are going on Friday. Is anyone on here going on Monday, MLK day? I have been looking through my wardrobe to see my sad accumulation of cold clothes. I'm coming from Texas and am certainly not prepared for that aspect.
I’m also coming from Texas and 100% feel your pain. However my interview is next month when it will probably be even colder.

It’s supposed to be 32 degrees Friday so compared to last weeks -5 degrees, we are doing pretty well here in MI :laugh: Good luck with your interview!!

Low of 6 degrees when I come in? Consider me scared. :)

Attachments

• InkedMI_LI.jpg
    InkedMI_LI.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 40
Members don't see this ad :)
Well it's now snowing in East Lansing, be careful yall and good luck!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Just finished my interview. It was so much better than I expected! I actually LOVED the MMI style interviews! And everyone is really friendly and nice. Big relief! :)

Reactions: 8 users
Ignorant question here - how do people dress for the cold and interview? In my mind, I need to wear my business clothes with a heavy coat on top but pack better clothes in a backpack for the tour and change in between the interview and tour. I don't see how business clothes would be good for the tour with snow.

Ignorant question here - how do people dress for the cold and interview? In my mind, I need to wear my business clothes with a heavy coat on top but pack better clothes in a backpack for the tour and change in between the interview and tour. I don't see how business clothes would be good for the tour with snow.
Bring boots. Not really a ton of time to change clothes between. Everyone stayed in business wear for tour, lunch, etc on my day

Not ignorant at all! Bring boots, hat, scarf, heavy winter coat. They provide you a place to put your stuff once you get in. I brought my nice shoes in my purse, and changed into them once I got into the building. You have to walk from the building you interview in to the CVM, then you stay there for the rest of the day. The walk is about 5-10 mins. Definitely bring boots!

Thank you for the information!

Not ignorant at all! Bring boots, hat, scarf, heavy winter coat. They provide you a place to put your stuff once you get in. I brought my nice shoes in my purse, and changed into them once I got into the building. You have to walk from the building you interview in to the CVM, then you stay there for the rest of the day. The walk is about 5-10 mins. Definitely bring boots!
Thank you for fleshing this out a but more. This is definitely what I meant

Finished my interview today too! What a beautiful campus/program! :cat:

Reactions: 3 users
Bring a change of shoes!!!! I only had my heals to walk in and it was freezing on the walk over to the clinic!

Is anyone else bummed about MSU admitting they don’t have a strong exotic program ☹️

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone else bummed about MSU admitting they don’t have a strong exotic program ☹️

A little yes if I'm honest, I'm really into birds of prey! But I'm also very interested in small animal oncology (which their facility is gorgeous!) So definitely not counting them out by any means! Most programs are what you make them anyway :)

A little yes if I'm honest, I'm really into birds of prey! But I'm also very interested in small animal oncology (which their facility is gorgeous!) So definitely not counting them out by any means! Most programs are what you make them anyway :)
Yes you’re definitely right! I’m really interested in both exotic/large animal, but I’m still ecstatic about the curriculum!!

Honestly being where MSU is we're not particularly situated to have an exotic animal service, however students can get a good exposure to wildlife medicine, which is certainly something to think about.
Regarding oncology (my passion!) they do have a great facility and faculty, but make sure to check out the vet. oncology research going on as well, you can really round out your academic profile nicely if do summer research with these guys.

Does anyone remember what date we should hear back by in regards to final decisions? I have a terrible memory and I can't find it on their website for some reason.. :shrug:

Does anyone remember what date we should hear back by in regards to final decisions? I have a terrible memory and I can't find it on their website for some reason.. :shrug:
The week of February 12th! But not necessarily the day of :p

Do they give you a paper and pencil to jot things down? Am I allowed to ask this question? lol It is something dumb that I am nervous about.

Do they give you a paper and pencil to jot things down? Am I allowed to ask this question? lol It is something dumb that I am nervous about.

During your interview or information sessions?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For the MMI? No, they didn't give us a pen and paper to jot things down. They give you a pen to sign the MMI release form and an agreement form if you have pending courses to do before the interview. But, you will be fine!!! Just take deep breaths! It helped me to talk to others (it's my coping mechanism for nerves) before the interview.

For the actual informational session, bring your own pen if you want to jot notes down. They give you a big folder of information. I still haven't read through its entirety.

Interview

They didn’t as a previous poster said. I’m sure you could ask questions about a question if you didn’t understand but there wasn’t a question that I felt I didn’t understand, they were all pretty straightforward. I wouldn’t worry too much you’ll do fine!!

They didn’t as a previous poster said. I’m sure you could ask questions about a question if you didn’t understand but there wasn’t a question that I felt I didn’t understand, they were all pretty straightforward. I wouldn’t worry too much you’ll do fine!!

When I have been researching stuff and practicing on my own i saw that people had notes and I wrote little things down that I wanted to refer to while talking but I guess for today I am going to just work on talking from my head.... 48 hours until my interview... ultimate freak out time!! I want it so bad I can taste it!

When I have been researching stuff and practicing on my own i saw that people had notes and I wrote little things down that I wanted to refer to while talking but I guess for today I am going to just work on talking from my head.... 48 hours until my interview... ultimate freak out time!! I want it so bad I can taste it!
I worried about this same thing but did not feel that the lack of note taking negativity affected my interview at all. After you are done you will understand, so stay calm and confident, you can do this!

Yeah i saw that too but i felt like i didn’t need it at MSU!! You got this! My biggest fear was that i wasn’t going to have an answer or i was going to be confused by what they asked and that did not happen. There was one room i wasn’t nearly as confident in but i still feel like i had a good answer but wasn’t my strongest. Just remember even if that’s your first room none of the other interviewers know what you said in the last room so it won’t change their view on you!! Good luck

Is it bad when asked "do you have any thoughts you'd like to share" if you don't have any thoughts you'd like to share? =x

Does anyone know what topics do they cover in the MMI?

we had to sign NDAs to not discuss this. Sorry
I never asked about the scenario. and this ain't my first rodeo I have been through MMI before. I asked about the TOPICS!
Critical Thinking Skills, Problem Solving Skills, Communication Skills, Decision Making Skills, etc?

I'm glad I got through the interview! Now it's time to wait. Hoping for the best

@mlew18507 i was there on Friday as well.... absolutely loved the school. Haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 4 users
@mlew18507 i was there on Friday as well.... absolutely loved the school. Haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. Fingers crossed!
What group are you in? I haven't been able to stop thinking about it either LOL I keep thinking I should have answered this question like this and that question like that. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it either LOL I keep thinking I should have answered this question like this and that question like that

@mlew18507 I was in the green group during the morning session! I really enjoyed the MMI setup. It went fast. All the interviewers were nice. I was impressed with the new curriculum and the house system too. I really love everything about MSU lol

I enjoyed it also! Oh okay I was in group b. And I was also in the green group! I really like everything about it also! I wish they had a little bit of a bigger exotic program but they have something so that's good. Hopefully the professor doesn't retire while we are there! I like how they're trying to make everything fun while going to school! I love the new curriculum. I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed! We will see. Good luck with your admissions! I wish they'd let us know sooner LOL

I was in the green group morning session on Friday, too! I absolutely love the school and program. I can't stop thinking about it. This is going to the longest next few weeks ever! I had such a great experience there.

@N1235 I actually think I know who you might be... I think we talked a lot throughout the day? Is your IS Ohio/have a lot of research/small animal interest? I’m really rooting for you to get into MSU! I was wearing a tan blazer... and had my stupid nerd glasses on too lol

Good luck out of staters! Excited for you all.