Michigan State c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No no January 7th and 24th! Lol 20th was a mistake on their part. I confirmed with them because it didn’t match.
Thanks for asking ! I didn’t even notice cuz I chose the 7th but after I signed up I did and was a tad confused!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like IS will hear back after the New Year! Last year we heard final decisions February 10th 🤞🏼

Reactions: 2 users
Yupp! Good luck everyone. 💜

"MSU Application Data for VMCAS 2021-22

Total number of verified applicants: 2,173 (1.5% increase from last year)

In-state verified applicants: 356 (5.3% increase from last year)

In-state applicants in consideration after file review: 122 (applicants will either receive an offer or be placed on the waitlist)

The approximate number of seats for in-state applicants: 60"

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS webinar invite - late to post! :)

Fall 2021 transcripts!?!

-Do we need to turn them in to the admissions office?
-If so, where do we send them?

Thanks all!

Anyone who made it to the virtual reception … do you feel that CASPer will play a huge roll? Scored in first percentile and a little worried. Please and thank you!

Anyone who made it to the virtual reception … do you feel that CASPer will play a huge roll? Scored in first percentile and a little worried. Please and thank you!
I am worried as well, I scored in the first too 🥴 A current first year offered me some reassurance from an earlier comment of mine, this is what they said:

Hey guys! I just wanted to try (emphasis on try lmao) and offer some reassurance to ya’ll about the application process and your applications.

At this point, for those IS who attended the virtual webinar and those OOS who will be in a few weeks, the CASPer will be another deciding factor in acceptance vs waitlist, however, PLEASE don’t over-focus on your CASPer score or compare yours to others (easier said than done, I know). The CASPer is one of many factors going into final decisions, but it’s not the sole factor. They still look at everything on your application, so have confidence in the rest of your application and faith in yourselves! You all got this far (or will be getting this far) and that’s amazing in it’s own right!

I was in your shoes last year, and absolutely had similar fears about my CASPer bringing me down because I felt I didn’t do well on it (I actually have no idea how I scored because supposedly last year we wouldn’t be getting our scores back so 🤷🏽‍♀️), but here I am! My first semester here at MSU’s done— which is crazy to think about honestly lmao.

It’s a stressful process for sure, but be kind to yourselves. You’ve come this far so be proud. You’ve all got this and will one day be amazing veterinarians! :)

(For those reading this who may have been denied: it took me three cycles to get in, and two to get into MSU! It’ll happen for you, I promise!)”

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 For the other portions of our apps to shine through the low CASPer!

I am worried as well, I scored in the first too 🥴 A current first year offered me some reassurance from an earlier comment of mine, this is what they said:

Hey guys! I just wanted to try (emphasis on try lmao) and offer some reassurance to ya’ll about the application process and your applications.

At this point, for those IS who attended the virtual webinar and those OOS who will be in a few weeks, the CASPer will be another deciding factor in acceptance vs waitlist, however, PLEASE don’t over-focus on your CASPer score or compare yours to others (easier said than done, I know). The CASPer is one of many factors going into final decisions, but it’s not the sole factor. They still look at everything on your application, so have confidence in the rest of your application and faith in yourselves! You all got this far (or will be getting this far) and that’s amazing in it’s own right!

I was in your shoes last year, and absolutely had similar fears about my CASPer bringing me down because I felt I didn’t do well on it (I actually have no idea how I scored because supposedly last year we wouldn’t be getting our scores back so 🤷🏽‍♀️), but here I am! My first semester here at MSU’s done— which is crazy to think about honestly lmao.

It’s a stressful process for sure, but be kind to yourselves. You’ve come this far so be proud. You’ve all got this and will one day be amazing veterinarians! :)

(For those reading this who may have been denied: it took me three cycles to get in, and two to get into MSU! It’ll happen for you, I promise!)”

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 For the other portions of our apps to shine through the low CASPer!
This did lift some weight. Thank you for it. I appreciate it 💗

You know that being in the first quartile is the best you can do on the CASPer.... right? 🙂

You know that being in the first quartile is the best you can do on the CASPer.... right? 🙂
actually its not! the 4th quartile mean your better than 75-100% of the other test takers

actually its not! the 4th quartile mean your better than 75-100% of the other test takers
Yes, I know that the higher percentile the better. Which is why I’m nervous because I landed in 1! 🥲
Higher the better! You don’t want to be in 1 🥲

Don't listen to me on the quartile! Sorry, I got the order mixed up.

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone get a confirmation of signing up for the reception? I'm positive I did it, but I forgot the exact time and date

did anyone get a confirmation of signing up for the reception? I'm positive I did it, but I forgot the exact time and date
I also received confirmation the same day. Check spam! Or contact them ASAP bc I think the first one is this Friday

Hey guys! I emailed them and they told me the dates were Jan 21st and Jan 24th (AKA the dates I chose for sign up) and that the Jan 7th date was wrong? But I`m not sure? Anybody else have thoughts on this?

Hey guys! I emailed them and they told me the dates were Jan 21st and Jan 24th (AKA the dates I chose for sign up) and that the Jan 7th date was wrong? But I`m not sure? Anybody else have thoughts on this?
Sorry, I saw the word reception and got the schools confused. January 7th is for Michigan’s virtual reception. I apologize!

I know it’s very early but are any other IS going crazy waiting??

January 7th and January 24th are the correct dates when I asked a couple weeks ago :)

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the zoom info for Friday!
Got mine too.

Interesting that the reception invite says "We hope to provide you with valuable information to make an informed decision should you be offered admission to our program."

It makes me have questions all over again.

Got mine too.

Interesting that the reception invite says "We hope to provide you with valuable information to make an informed decision should you be offered admission to our program."

It makes me have questions all over again.
Yeah I think it’s for those that are accepted or waitlisted that were invited to the reception. I’m just hoping my file says accepted right now😂. But yeah I’m pretty anxious lol.

Yeah I think it’s for those that are accepted or waitlisted that were invited to the reception. I’m just hoping my file says accepted right now😂. But yeah I’m pretty anxious lol.
You and me both!!! Positive thoughts!

I think we’re all in the same boat 😂 last year they didn’t send results until February 😭🥲. I’m just worried about CASPer bc I scored lowest percentile. Crazy thing is, I saw that people were automatically rejected with GPAs greater then 3.5 and scored 4th percentile with CASPer - so it does make me feel a little better knowing I passed that phase but would hate to then get waitlisted only bc of CASPer 🥺😭

I think we’re all in the same boat 😂 last year they didn’t send results until February 😭🥲. I’m just worried about CASPer bc I scored lowest percentile. Crazy thing is, I saw that people were automatically rejected with GPAs greater then 3.5 and scored 4th percentile with CASPer - so it does make me feel a little better knowing I passed that phase but would hate to then get waitlisted only bc of CASPer 🥺😭
I honestly don’t think Casper is being used as an end all be all. It’s still relatively new and I think you were chosen for your activities, potentially. I have a bit under a 3.5 and 4th percentile Casper so my gpa is the part where I’m a little iffy so I’m thinking maybe they liked my other parts of my app.
I just got notified of another rejection so feeling a bit defeated but hopeful about Michigan oof lol.

I honestly don’t think Casper is being used as an end all be all. It’s still relatively new and I think you were chosen for your activities, potentially. I have a bit under a 3.5 and 4th percentile Casper so my gpa is the part where I’m a little iffy so I’m thinking maybe they liked my other parts of my app.
I just got notified of another rejection so feeling a bit defeated but hopeful about Michigan oof lol.
You deff beat me bc I had a 3.06 🥲 which is why I’m shocked that I was even invited to the virtual reception BUUUT, I do have 10 years of experience at Banfield as a certified veterinary technician. Pretty good letters of rec, and overall activities that don’t involve vet med🤞Hopefully everyone gets good answers. I wish there was a way to find out how many people were invited to the reception 😅 are you OOS or IS? I applied to 13 and have also been rejected from 8 of them so I am also saddened but hoping MSU gives me a chance.

You deff beat me bc I had a 3.06 🥲 which is why I’m shocked that I was even invited to the virtual reception BUUUT, I do have 10 years of experience at Banfield as a certified veterinary technician. Pretty good letters of rec, and overall activities that don’t involve vet med🤞Hopefully everyone gets good answers. I wish there was a way to find out how many people were invited to the reception 😅 are you OOS or IS? I applied to 13 and have also been rejected from 8 of them so I am also saddened but hoping MSU gives me a chance.
Oh wow that is a lot of experience, that must be part of it! Michigan seems to do more of an overall look at the application rather than solely the gpa. I’m from New Jersey and same I’ve been rejected by a lot of my 8 so far. I do have an interview this Friday tho so trying to forget about my rejections for the interview. Lol

Oh wow that is a lot of experience, that must be part of it! Michigan seems to do more of an overall look at the application rather than solely the gpa. I’m from New Jersey and same I’ve been rejected by a lot of my 8 so far. I do have an interview this Friday tho so trying to forget about my rejections for the interview. Lol
I’m this Friday too! Maybe I’ll see ya in the zoom call 😂 well your name anyway bc I think the videos are covered. This is exiting. Sending good energy your way 💗

Sorry to post again on here, just wanted to say that I got an email from Michigan saying all my pre reqs were complete!

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone! Does anyone know when we should be expecting to hear back from MSU regarding if we were waitlisted or accepted? I'm OOS and attended the webinar last friday! Thank you!! :)

Hi everyone! Does anyone know when we should be expecting to hear back from MSU regarding if we were waitlisted or accepted? I'm OOS and attended the webinar last friday! Thank you!! :)
From this forum it sounds like end of Jan - Beginning of Feb. Waiting anxiously.

I was wondering the same thing lol. They mentioned March at some point during the webinar. But as I was looking through instagram and things on here, I think the earliest I saw was mid February for any acceptances. I wish it was sooner, but if we've already waited for many months, what's another month at this point lol.

I’ve heard that MSU released the result around mid-February last year, so I’m assuming it’s going to be sometime during mid february to early march this year😮. The wait is literally killing me rn🥲…

So I was just looking at the class of 2025 data for OOS. I wasn't sure why the amount of OOS applicants selected were 157 and applicants admitted was 55. Was that due to people getting off the waitlist? Because that seems like a large amount to offer admission too.

I thought they said they were hoping February? Can anyone else confirm this?

So I was just looking at the class of 2025 data for OOS. I wasn't sure why the amount of OOS applicants selected were 157 and applicants admitted was 55. Was that due to people getting off the waitlist? Because that seems like a large amount to offer admission too.

MSU— and most schools, honestly— over-accept OOS because a good portion of OOS people decline their spot in favor of elsewhere (typically their in-state if that was an option). One of my classmates— we’re first years at MSU— was middle-ish on the OOS waitlist last year to the point they didn’t think they had a shot, if that gives you any idea how much it moves. Even if more offers are made than there are spots for OOS, it’s highly unlikely a significant portion of those OOS people will then accept their offer.

Unfortunately, the IS waitlist doesn’t move as much. The IS waitlist only made it to about 20ish last year.

MSU— and most schools, honestly— over-accept OOS because a good portion of OOS people decline their spot in favor of elsewhere (typically their in-state if that was an option). One of my classmates— we’re first years at MSU— was middle-ish on the OOS waitlist last year to the point they didn’t think they had a shot, if that gives you any idea how much it moves. Even if more offers are made than there are spots for OOS, it’s highly unlikely a significant portion of those OOS people will then accept their offer.

Unfortunately, the IS waitlist doesn’t move as much. The IS waitlist only made it to about 20ish last year.
Oh wow, thanks for the info! That's really great. So you get to know your spot on the waitlist?

Oh wow, thanks for the info! That's really great. So you get to know your spot on the waitlist?
From what waitlisted friends said, yes you do! And I think they’ll periodically update you on your spot as people decline their spots/waitlisted spots!

• Love
We heard Feb. 10th at like 5 pm EST last year— and OOS and IS both heard at the same time! ^^

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I am OOS and was invited to the virtual reception back in December. Does anybody know what to expect?

I am OOS and was invited to the virtual reception back in December. Does anybody know what to expect?
It’s pretty easy! Just log into the zoom link and just sit back and listen and ask questions if you have any. The only screens that were on were the speakers, so you couldn’t see any applicant. And I thought it was really cool they had asl interpreters there as well. And then remember the student panel is a few hours later in the day, that was also really laid back too.

It’s pretty easy! Just log into the zoom link and just sit back and listen and ask questions if you have any. The only screens that were on were the speakers, so you couldn’t see any applicant. And I thought it was really cool they had asl interpreters there as well. And then remember the student panel is a few hours later in the day, that was also really laid back too.
Thank you!!

Can someone who went to the first virtual reception let me know when they got the zoom link for it? I'm a part of the 24th group and wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything! Thanks!