You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Midwestern 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1205160
I sure hope so.I guess next week
nothing at all, pure silence and just “awaiting decision” on my portal. i think i will email them next week if i don’t hear anything at all.Did you get an email about interview waitlist or anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
good luck cuz when i emailed them, all i got was “your status has not changed, and if it does you will be notified via email and your portal” 😑nothing at all, pure silence and just “awaiting decision” on my portal. i think i will email them next week if i don’t hear anything at all.
omg ur joking… are u in the same boat as me rn?good luck cuz when i emailed them, all i got was “your status has not changed, and if it does you will be notified via email and your portal” 😑
ErPikBeary
Full Member
For whatever it’s worth, I am on the admissions committee. While we love having candidates come in person so they can meet people IRL, tour the campus, and guaranteed to not have internet hiccups, it’s not always feasible and we definitely acknowledge that. If there’s internal/personal bias then that can be hard, but it doesn’t impact the actual likelihood of acceptance otherwise
Well, that’s good to know! Thanks for clearing it up.For whatever it’s worth, I am on the admissions committee. While we love having candidates come in person so they can meet people IRL, tour the campus, and guaranteed to not have internet hiccups, it’s not always feasible and we definitely acknowledge that. If there’s internal/personal bias then that can be hard, but it doesn’t impact the actual likelihood of acceptance otherwise.
bearbear2001
Full Member
I'm in the same boat and thats what they told me when I emailed them :/omg ur joking… are u in the same boat as me rn?
If it makes anyone feel better my interview isn’t until the last week of January so that kinda puts into perspective how late they’re holding them?
FAH123
Full Member
Just curious what days you can pick for January and when did you receive the notification?If it makes anyone feel better my interview isn’t until the last week of January so that kinda puts into perspective how late they’re holding them?
I received the notification I think November 12th? The days ranged from early December through end of January and I had no remote options so I had to chose the later one in January due to final exams.Just curious what days you can pick for January and when did you receive the notification?
BBVH
Full Member
Do you have both options or just in person only?I received the notification I think November 12th? The days ranged from early December through end of January and I had no remote options so I had to chose the later one in January due to final exams.
Nope only had in person optionsDo you have both options or just in person only?
D
deleted1205160
We shall see if anything comes out today.Anyone's ready for tomorrow?
D
deleted1204513
Mine isn't until February!If it makes anyone feel better my interview isn’t until the last week of January so that kinda puts into perspective how late they’re holding them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1205160
That's the question we're all wondering. Hopefully, news will follow soon.I saw on reddit that someone was waitlisted after interview so I'd say no news is good news?
BBVH
Full Member
When did you get the invitation? and what options did you have?Mine isn't until February!
someone on facebook said they interviewed 10/30 and reached out to admissions regarding a decision and they said it will be possibly after christmas before they make more decisions …
D
deleted1205160
Have they released any outside of the one alternate list notification that was posted here last week?someone on facebook said they interviewed 10/30 and reached out to admissions regarding a decision and they said it will be possibly after christmas before they make more decisions …
BBVH
Full Member
It's so random that they just released alternative lists....Have they released any outside of the one alternate list notification that was posted here last week?
artemia
Full Member
Thanks for this info, was really hoping it would be before/in time for the holidays. I’m still keeping my hopes up!someone on facebook said they interviewed 10/30 and reached out to admissions regarding a decision and they said it will be possibly after christmas before they make more decisions …
D
deleted1205160
I hope they release some information soon. But, looks like it'll be now the week of the 29th or afterward. Ugh.It's so random that they just released alternative lists....
cierra.layton
Full Member
Welp my portal still says awaiting decision 
D
deleted1205160
Many portals have been saying that for many weeks now. There is little to no traction or signs of movement, unfortunately.Welp my portal still says awaiting decision![]()
prettysunshine
New Member
Mine looks like this too! Also interviewed 10/30.I interviewed 10/30, no official news yet but my portal did change a bit? they added the visit campus thing as well as the prerequisite list. not sure if it means anything or not though haha
View attachment 396095
Sent from my SM-S911U using SDN mobile
artemia
Full Member
I interviewed 11/7 and my portal doesn’t have those changes, maybe there’s some further progress in releasing the first round of interview decisions?I interviewed 10/30, no official news yet but my portal did change a bit? they added the visit campus thing as well as the prerequisite list. not sure if it means anything or not though haha
View attachment 396095
artemia
Full Member
From what I remember while applying, as long as all the prerequisites are completed by the end of the spring semester 2025, you’re good. I am also finishing up some more prereqs this and next semester.Oh interesting! They must be processing applications then. It's probably a good sign that they are actively working on decisions. Does anyone know if you can get accepted if you have a prerequisite in progress? I am currently finishing biochemistry!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay! So I can still be accepted without alternate if I am completing prereqs! That's reassuring thank you 🫶From what I remember while applying, as long as all the prerequisites are completed by the end of the spring semester 2025, you’re good. I am also finishing up some more prereqs this and next semester.
BBVH
Full Member
When did they add it?I interviewed 10/30, no official news yet but my portal did change a bit? they added the visit campus thing as well as the prerequisite list. not sure if it means anything or not though haha
View attachment 396095
D
deleted1205160
Now it's back to checking the portal every 5 minutes and SDN for updates. 🤣🙄😱
D
deleted1205160
This is one of the most active threads, with 488 posts. Some other schools are below 50. LOL.
yeah for real, i’m getting mixed information from here, reddit, and facebook lol i need to chill out for my own mental wellbeing at this point 😭Now it's back to checking the portal every 5 minutes and SDN for updates. 🤣🙄😱
D
deleted1205160
I hear tequila helps.yeah for real, i’m getting mixed information from here, reddit, and facebook lol i need to chill out for my own mental wellbeing at this point 😭
BBVH
Full Member
Where did you get this information? I heard they will release the decisions after thanksgiving...I hope they release some information soon. But, looks like it'll be now the week of the 29th or afterward. Ugh.
D
deleted1205160
Someone posted they saw it in a FB post about it being after Christmas. There is definitely conflicting info.Where did you get this information? I heard they will release the decisions after thanksgiving...
I interviewed a couple weeks ago, but my portal doesn’t have the pre req chart. I’m worried it means something bad 😂I interviewed 10/30, no official news yet but my portal did change a bit? they added the visit campus thing as well as the prerequisite list. not sure if it means anything or not though haha
View attachment 396095
ErPikBeary
Full Member
Midwestern has us all going bonkersThis is one of the most active threads, with 488 posts. Some other schools are below 50. LOL.
D
deleted1205160
Posted by FrostySparrow on 11/25
We try to get through as many as we can at once, we hope to have this past week’s interviews know by late this year/early next year. Admissions committee members include faculty and alumni, so getting everyone together (off clinics) can be hard- we understand it’s frustrating and scary! We promise if we could speed through we would, but we also want to make sure we are giving every applicant the consideration and time you deserve.
We try to get through as many as we can at once, we hope to have this past week’s interviews know by late this year/early next year. Admissions committee members include faculty and alumni, so getting everyone together (off clinics) can be hard- we understand it’s frustrating and scary! We promise if we could speed through we would, but we also want to make sure we are giving every applicant the consideration and time you deserve.
ErPikBeary
Full Member
Same but maybe bc we interviewed later…
I interviewed a couple weeks ago, but my portal doesn’t have the pre req chart. I’m worried it means something bad 😂
D
deleted1205160
Possibly.Same but maybe bc we interviewed later…
prettysunshine
New Member
this morning!When did they add it?
I also got the prereq chart and i interviewed 10/30
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1205160
So it appears they are going by date. I guess the next would be 11/7 then 11/19.I also got the prereq chart and i interviewed 10/30
D
deleted1205160
VMCVM candidates (IS and OOS) are getting their notifications today. I would have thought rolling admissions would have been quicker. Oh well. If anyone here applied to VMCVM and got an invite, congratulations!
ilovebagels1234
Full Member
Hi! has anyone been pulled off the waitlist for an interview?
I’ve been on the interview waitlist since 10/2 😭 I’ve only seen one person on here that’s been pulled off.Hi! has anyone been pulled off the waitlist for an interview?
BBVH
Full Member
Did they email you that they put you in interview waitlist?I’ve been on the interview waitlist since 10/2 😭 I’ve only seen one person on here that’s been pulled off.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 607
- Views
- 89K