-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Midwestern 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1205160
Just a gut feeling. It seems like things are a bit behind across the board this cycle due to a mass amount of applicants. The poor committee members have to sift through a lot of solid applicants.Why do you think decisions will be released the 3rd week of December?
Yeah I can't even imagine how difficult their job must be...In the meantime, I will do my best to be patient.Just a gut feeling. It seems like things are a bit behind across the board this cycle due to a mass amount of applicants. The poor committee members have to sift through a lot of solid applicants.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
still awaiting decision LOL idk whats goin onnnn
same hereMe too my portal has been awaiting decision since the beginning, holding onto hope though!
shadysadie
Full Member
I interviewed 10/30 and just received an email that there was an update to my portal. When I checked there was a letter saying that I am now an alternate.
D
deleted1205160
Is today the day?
Interesting. I interviewed 10/30 as well and haven't received an update yet...
D
deleted1205160
An alternate is not denied. From what others have stated, most alternates made it last year.I interviewed 10/30 and just received an email that there was an update to my portal. When I checked there was a letter saying that I am now an alternate.
An alternate is good! They told my group that everyone got off the alternate list last cycle!I interviewed 10/30 and just received an email that there was an update to my portal. When I checked there was a letter saying that I am now an alternate.
shadysadie
Full Member
I actually got the email last night and only just now saw it. I think maybe alternates found out first because if you get accepted, they usually try to call or email you and I didn’t get a call or email it. It was just in my portal.
I know most alternates eventually get accepted, but I am a little discouraged because I thought my interview went very well.
I know most alternates eventually get accepted, but I am a little discouraged because I thought my interview went very well.
I'm sorry, I do understand that it must be discouraging. Truthfully I am sure your interview did go well! You are still an amazing candidate and I wish you the best of luck going forward!I actually got the email last night and only just now saw it. I think maybe alternates found out first because if you get accepted, they usually try to call or email you and I didn’t get a call or email it. It was just in my portal.
I know most alternates eventually get accepted, but I am a little discouraged because I thought my interview went very well.
shadysadie
Full Member
Thanks!!I'm sorry, I do understand that it must be discouraging. Truthfully I am sure your interview did go well! You are still an amazing candidate and I wish you the best of luck going forward!
shadysadie
Full Member
This is what the letter said for anyone curious.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1205160
I wonder why my BP and HR are high.
lol this waiting game is ROUGH!I wonder why my BP and HR are high.
shadysadie
Full Member
I’m actually confused by the letter I got. It says I have 72 hours to accept if I get off the waitlist but I thought we don’t have to commit to a school until April ???
D
deleted1205160
Perhaps a call can occur after April 15th. Is it possible to get called off of the list, like in May/June?I’m actually confused by the letter I got. It says I have 72 hours to accept if I get off the waitlist but I thought we don’t have to commit to a school until April ???
shadysadie
Full Member
Does that mean I don’t have any chance of hearing anytime before April though?Perhaps a call can occur after April 15th. Is it possible to get called off of the list, like in May/June?
That's a good point, it may be after the deadline. Hopefully before tho!Perhaps a call can occur after April 15th. Is it possible to get called off of the list, like in May/June?
shadysadie
Full Member
But if it’s before I only have a couple days to commit? Do I have to make a deposit? I’m so confusedThat's a good point, it may be after the deadline. Hopefully before tho!
Honestly I am not too sure, it might be best to email admissions about the waitlist process and how it works.But if it’s before I only have a couple days to commit? Do I have to make a deposit? I’m so confused
shadysadie
Full Member
Yeah I might have to. I wish I knew someone who was waitlisted in the past to ask themHonestly I am not too sure, it might be best to email admissions about the waitlist process and how it works.
D
deleted1205160
Good questions. I'm not sure.But if it’s before I only have a couple days to commit? Do I have to make a deposit? I’m so confused
shadysadie
Full Member
why am I the only one who’s heard and it isn’t great news 😭
D
deleted1205160
I don't think everyone who is applying has an SDN account, or doesn't hit refresh every 2.18 seconds like some of us.why am I the only one who’s heard and it isn’t great news 😭
The April 15th deadline only applies to students outright accepted to schools. Waitlist seats are usually offered up only after the April 15th deadline (as students who are offered acceptances have until then to decide and THEN they start pulling people). Many schools have a time limit of when you are able to accept an offer if given one off the waitlist. So yes, if you were sent an offer it would mean you have 72 hours to decide but this most likely won’t happen until after the April deadline or at least after they have extended all of their acceptances.I’m actually confused by the letter I got. It says I have 72 hours to accept if I get off the waitlist but I thought we don’t have to commit to a school until April ???
Oh gosh that sounds so stressful but makes complete sense!The April 15th deadline only applies to students outright accepted to schools. Waitlist seats are usually offered up only after the April 15th deadline (as students who are offered acceptances have until then to decide and THEN they start pulling people). Many schools have a time limit of when you are able to accept an offer if given one off the waitlist. So yes, if you were sent an offer it would mean you have 72 hours to decide but this most likely won’t happen until after the April deadline or at least after they have extended all of their acceptances.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1205160
That is tough. Imagine getting a call late and having to move across the country. It is what it is though. I understand the short window, as they will have to offer that slot to another candidate, hence the 72 hours.The April 15th deadline only applies to students outright accepted to schools. Waitlist seats are usually offered up only after the April 15th deadline (as students who are offered acceptances have until then to decide and THEN they start pulling people). Many schools have a time limit of when you are able to accept an offer if given one off the waitlist. So yes, if you were sent an offer it would mean you have 72 hours to decide but this most likely won’t happen until after the April deadline or at least after they have extended all of their acceptances.
shadysadie
Full Member
Ohh okay 🙁 I was seriously considering this school but this stressed me out. Even though I know most waitlists turn into acceptances it would have been very nice to have that security of just being accepted, especially with all this.The April 15th deadline only applies to students outright accepted to schools. Waitlist seats are usually offered up only after the April 15th deadline (as students who are offered acceptances have until then to decide and THEN they start pulling people). Many schools have a time limit of when you are able to accept an offer if given one off the waitlist. So yes, if you were sent an offer it would mean you have 72 hours to decide but this most likely won’t happen until after the April deadline or at least after they have extended all of their acceptances.
I guess it makes sense since their decisions don’t go out all at once I have to wait until their last acceptances go out in April to be taken off.
shadysadie
Full Member
Yeah that kind of sucks 🙁 I live in Florida and wanted to take advantage of campus housing as well cause Glendale is pricy to live in.That is tough. Imagine getting a call late and having to move across the country. It is what it is though. I understand the short window, as they will have to offer that slot to another candidate, hence the 72 hours.
My only acceptance so far is an island school so now I’m scared that if I commit to them and start the process of moving to the Caribbean I won’t be able to take an offer from midwestern.
Some schools (Iowa state) begin pulling waitlist spots before the April 15th deadline if they hear back from enough other offers they’ve sent out. You definitely could hear before April but the 72hr timeline would still stand as written in your letter :/Ohh okay 🙁 I was seriously considering this school but this stressed me out. Even though I know most waitlists turn into acceptances it would have been very nice to have that security of just being accepted, especially with all this.
I guess it makes sense since their decisions don’t go out all at once I have to wait until their last acceptances go out in April to be taken off.
shadysadie
Full Member
I guess I could always eat the money if I have to. I would just hate to do that because I’ve already spent so much money this cycle. :/Some schools (Iowa state) begin pulling waitlist spots before the April 15th deadline if they hear back from enough other offers they’ve sent out. You definitely could hear before April but the 72hr timeline would still stand as written in your letter :/
artemia
Full Member
I interviewed early Nov and still haven't gotten any email/portal changes!Did anyone else who interviewed late Oct / early Nov receive an update? Mine says awaiting decision atm
Same! I am refreshing my portal a little bit too much now.I interviewed early Nov and still haven't gotten any email/portal changes!
D
deleted1205160
I wonder if others have gone out. Have any acceptances gone out? Additional Alternates? Denials?Same! I am refreshing my portal a little bit too much now.
artemia
Full Member
Well we have confirmation that decisions are starting to be released, I feel like they will start picking up soonI wonder if others have gone out. Have any acceptances gone out? Additional Alternates? Denials?
D
deleted1205160
Where did you get good info? Who's the spy?Well we have confirmation that decisions are starting to be released, I feel like they will start picking up soon
I think they’re referring to the person in this thread who got a waitlist decision. Which insinuates they’ve started rolling them outWhere did you get good info? Who's the spy?
artemia
Full Member
This is what I meant lolI think they’re referring to the person in this thread who got a waitlist decision. Which insinuates they’ve started rolling them out
D
deleted1205160
It's gone silent 😆
shadysadie
Full Member
Well I got my email around 8:15 EST last night, about 5:15 their time if that helps
i’m still awaiting decision, no rejection no interview no waitlist :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
artemia
Full Member
Would be nice 😅It got real quiet again - are we thinking more notices will be sent around 5pm today?
Last edited:
D
deleted1205160
NopeDid anyone receive any updates?
FAH123
Full Member
Did you get an email about interview waitlist or anything?i’m still awaiting decision, no rejection no interview no waitlist :/
Similar threads
- Replies
- 607
- Views
- 89K