You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Midwestern 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Animallover2828
Full Member
Yes, good luck to all of us! They did mention to us during my interview that if we hadn’t hear back from them by last week, we are welcome to call and ask for updates.. I’m debating on calling them to see when they plan on releasing decisions.Good luck to everyone, I think this is the week we will hear back (hopefully) for those of us still awaiting decisions. This chat was eerily quiet compared to last years 😭
Dogter.here.dogter
Full Member
When was your interview? At mine they mentioned that it wouldn’t be until the end of January!Yes, good luck to all of us! They did mention to us during my interview that if we hadn’t hear back from them by last week, we are welcome to call and ask for updates.. I’m debating on calling them to see when they plan on releasing decisions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Animallover2828
Full Member
January 8th!When was your interview? At mine they mentioned that it wouldn’t be until the end of January!
Mine was in December before Christmas and they said that the admissions committee may wait to meet again once all interviews were finished. I know all their interviews are now completed, so I’m assuming it should be anytime now. I just wish we knew when exactly because those who interviewed before me already have a decision. If you do call or find out, please share. I’m wishing us all the best!Yes, good luck to all of us! They did mention to us during my interview that if we hadn’t hear back from them by last week, we are welcome to call and ask for updates.. I’m debating on calling them to see when they plan on releasing decisions.
Animallover2828
Full Member
The last round of interviews were on the 13th of January, they told me that they would send out decisions by the end of that week. So I’m assuming they should tell us very soon..Mine was in December before Christmas and they said that the admissions committee may wait to meet again once all interviews were finished. I know all their interviews are now completed, so I’m assuming it should be anytime now. I just wish we knew when exactly because those who interviewed before me already have a decision. If you do call or find out, please share. I’m wishing us all the best!
I hope so. I guess if we don’t hear anything by the end of the week, we could probably reach out to them. I’m sure it does take time to get through everyone.The last round of interviews were on the 13th of January, they told me that they would send out decisions by the end of that week. So I’m assuming they should tell us very soon..
Animallover2828
Full Member
I called them, they said my application is still under review and the admissions committee does not have a current date of when decisions will be released. Hopefully some time this week though!I hope so. I guess if we don’t hear anything by the end of the week, we could probably reach out to them. I’m sure it does take time to get through everyone.
Dogter.here.dogter
Full Member
I interviewed the same time and was told the same thing! That’s why I had thought maybe next week since it was a “2-3 weeks out” from what they told us.Mine was in December before Christmas and they said that the admissions committee may wait to meet again once all interviews were finished. I know all their interviews are now completed, so I’m assuming it should be anytime now. I just wish we knew when exactly because those who interviewed before me already have a decision. If you do call or find out, please share. I’m wishing us all the best!
holsteinlover
Full Member
Does anyone know how much the deposit is for MWU Arizona? I haven’t seen anything online
lainey_c
Current Applicant
I was told $1,000 🫠Does anyone know how much the deposit is for MWU Arizona? I haven’t seen anything online
Have you heard any news from them yet?Does anyone know how much the deposit is for MWU Arizona? I haven’t seen anything online
Animallover2828
Full Member
Nope, nothing yet😣Have you heard any news from them yet?
purpleeventer
UMN CVM c/o 2030
Can confirm that it’s $1000!I was told $1,000 🫠
ETA: they do let you accept your seat without paying the deposit (and even encourage you to do so) so you have access to housing resources etc without finically committing
Dogter.here.dogter
Full Member
do yall think it’s going to be next week that we hear something? I mean there is always tomorrow but who knows!Have you heard any news from them yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
italianstallion17
Full Member
On my portal says awaiting for potential interview offer and it has not changed since September of last year should I assumed I got rejected?
All I know is that they are finished with interviews. So, it’s possible that you are either waitlisted or rejected because they are definitely finished with interviews is what they told my group when interviewing. No matter what, you WILL become a doctor, so stay positive, I know it can get discouraging and stressful. 💗On my portal says awaiting for potential interview offer and it has not changed since September of last year should I assumed I got rejected?
italianstallion17
Full Member
Thank you so much for the reply. Tbh I just assumed a rejection but I was just wondering if I should be hopeful or not. Happy for everybody that got an interview/ got accepted!
All I know is that they are finished with interviews. So, it’s possible that you are either waitlisted or rejected because they are definitely finished with interviews is what they told my group when interviewing. No matter what, you WILL become a doctor, so stay positive, I know it can get discouraging and stressful. 💗
Dogter.here.dogter
Full Member
So I guess we find out next week? Unless anyone heard anything?
lainey_c
Current Applicant
Did you just hit accept offer and agree to the terms? What I understand if we don't put a deposit by the deadline, we just get removed from the offer list. Is there anything special we need to do to inform them ahead of time if we accept but then decide not to pay and opt for another school later on?Can confirm that it’s $1000!
ETA: they do let you accept your seat without paying the deposit (and even encourage you to do so) so you have access to housing resources etc without finically committing
I’m not affiliated with Midwestern at all, but it would be a courtesy to email and let them know if you decide to go somewhere else, that way they could potentially call someone off the waitlist sooner. I mean ghosting them and just not paying does the same thing from your end, but then they can’t make any move to re-fill your seat until after April 15’s deadline.Did you just hit accept offer and agree to the terms? What I understand if we don't put a deposit by the deadline, we just get removed from the offer list. Is there anything special we need to do to inform them ahead of time if we accept but then decide not to pay and opt for another school later on?
purpleeventer
UMN CVM c/o 2030
Yes! That’s my understanding too. You need to pay the deposit to actually hold your seat, but accepting your offer lets you make a student account and sign into the housing portal. Once you accepted there’s a link at the very bottom of your application portal that says something like “withdraw.” If you click that it asks you why you’re doing it and if you’re really sure and then you’re done! I think I got an email a couple days later that my Midwestern email address was deactivatedDid you just hit accept offer and agree to the terms? What I understand if we don't put a deposit by the deadline, we just get removed from the offer list. Is there anything special we need to do to inform them ahead of time if we accept but then decide not to pay and opt for another school later on?
lainey_c
Current Applicant
That's what I figured. I agree its a courtesy that should be done. I was just curious to see what it looks like on someone's end whose gotten word back already. Thanks. 😅I’m not affiliated with Midwestern at all, but it would be a courtesy to email and let them know if you decide to go somewhere else, that way they could potentially call someone off the waitlist sooner. I mean ghosting them and just not paying does the same thing from your end, but then they can’t make any move to re-fill your seat until after April 15’s deadline.
Just turned down my acceptance to MWU! Praying one of you gets some good news soon!
Were you one of the early acceptance without interview?Just turned down my acceptance to MWU! Praying one of you gets some good news soon!
purpleeventer
UMN CVM c/o 2030
Also declining my seat! Best of luck to everyone still waiting for a decision!!
Yes!Were you one of the early acceptance without interview?
Dogter.here.dogter
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything?
I have not… getting anxious hahaHas anyone heard anything?
I have not. I interviewed 1.8.26. I have a feeling it might be this week or next because I believe the last interviews were 1.12Has anyone heard anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tatertot25
Full Member
I just declined my acceptance. Hopefully it goes to one of y’all! Best of luck!!
Did you interview or were you one of the applicants that got an automatic acceptance? Thank you for sharing this 💗I just declined my acceptance. Hopefully it goes to one of y’all! Best of luck!!
Dogter.here.dogter
Full Member
Sorry to keep asking but I’m nervous I’ll miss it!! Has anyone heard anything today? I’m about to board a flight and I keep refreshing my email and I have nothing!
alcasys
Illinois c/o 2030
I haven't heard anything today
Sorry to keep asking but I’m nervous I’ll miss it!! Has anyone heard anything today? I’m about to board a flight and I keep refreshing my email and I have nothing!
Dogter.here.dogter
Full Member
it looks like last cycle December (12/12) interviews found out on the Jan 28. 🤷🏻♀️
tatertot25
Full Member
Yes, I was an automatic acceptance!Did you interview or were you one of the applicants that got an automatic acceptance? Thank you for sharing this 💗
Literally! my interview was 1.8.26 and they tried to tell us it was going to be only a week at max 2 weeks and now we are three weeks out.They sounded so confident at my interview that decisions would be out by the end of January :,)
alcasys
Illinois c/o 2030
I interviewed 1/8 as well 😭
Literally! my interview was 1.8.26 and they tried to tell us it was going to be only a week at max 2 weeks and now we are three weeks out.
I interviewed in early December and they told us that they would be meeting after interviews ended and it would be the middle/end of January when they had decisions, and I’ve still have not heard anything. I heard last year that some people that interviewed in Dec/Jan didn’t hear back until March. Honestly, they can tell us anytime from now to April. We all just have to keep our heads up and wait it out.
I’m concerned that all this delay is a bad sign. I’ve heard from previous applicants that most people who interview in December and January do not get accepted because priority is given to those who interviewed earlier. I interviewed late last year as well and was waitlisted, I never got off the waitlist. Maybe I should’ve just submitted my application a lot earlier :/
I really don't think it's based too much on timing of application. I submitted august 18th and was admitted in November.
Dogter.here.dogter
Full Member
I submitted my application in June. I assumed the first interview was the December 18 interview (which I did).I’m concerned that all this delay is a bad sign. I’ve heard from previous applicants that most people who interview in December and January do not get accepted because priority is given to those who interviewed earlier. I interviewed late last year as well and was waitlisted, I never got off the waitlist. Maybe I should’ve just submitted my application a lot earlier :/
I doubt interview timing has an effect on admittance. Stay positive, no news is good news as far as I’m concerned!I’m concerned that all this delay is a bad sign. I’ve heard from previous applicants that most people who interview in December and January do not get accepted because priority is given to those who interviewed earlier. I interviewed late last year as well and was waitlisted, I never got off the waitlist. Maybe I should’ve just submitted my application a lot earlier :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dogter.here.dogter
Full Member
Patience really is not my virtue during this waiting period😂 especially after passing the time we were told we would know
I could just be paranoid! But I do think I remember hearing that timing had an influence, I certainly hope that isn’t the case of course.I doubt interview timing has an effect on admittance. Stay positive, no news is good news as far as I’m concerned!
I really hope candidates are judged by the content of their character and experience(s), and not simply how soon they interviewed lol. I’m optimistic we hear by Friday.I could just be paranoid! But I do think I remember hearing that timing had an influence, I certainly hope that isn’t the case of course.
miasrivers
New Member
In February of last year, I believe their final cycle of interviews concluded. Therefore, it is reasonable to anticipate a response in March. Given that the last cycle of interviews for this year concluded in January, it is likely that we will receive an update somewhere in February ( hopefully)I interviewed in early December and they told us that they would be meeting after interviews ended and it would be the middle/end of January when they had decisions, and I’ve still have not heard anything. I heard last year that some people that interviewed in Dec/Jan didn’t hear back until March. Honestly, they can tell us anytime from now to April. We all just have to keep our heads up and wait it out.
Animallover2828
Full Member
Has anyone tried contacting admissions about when the decisions should come out? We were told it would be by end of January 🥹
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K