Midwestern University C/O 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they email you or did you have to check the portal?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anybody from 2/17 interview group hear anything back today? Or know when the committee will be meeting next?

Also, where will everyone else be coming from? I will be from NY, and because we have many pets, we gotta drive. Any other cross-country movers?
I'm coming from New York too.

hello everyone, I am going to be rejecting my offer. I hope some lucky person can take my spot! congrats to everyone who is already accepted!

Oh yay! Sounds like we will have a good amount of New Yorkers :) Driving as well?
I'm not 100% positive on whether or not I'm going to drive or fly out yet. I know I'm going to have to get a new vehicle once I get out there but I'm thinking I might want to rent a Uhaul for the initial move so I can bring my furniture and I'd prefer not to fly my dog out there if I can avoid it. How about you?

For any of you guys that have accepted your offers and maybe aren't on the facebook page - I'm looking for a 3rd person to get a 3BR apartment at San Lagos. I'd like to find a 3rd person if possible because rent comes out to quite a bit cheaper per person versus a 2 person apartment - it'd be about $450 per person per month. It is pet friendly. Message me if you're interested! :)

Hi guys, I was just accepted as well and am coming from New York. Congrats to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 2/17 and hadn't heard anything, so I called the admissions office today and I'm an alternate....I'm very confused on how they're contacting people because it seems like for some the portal updated, others got a letter, and nothing for the rest. I'm concerned if something changes with my admissions status, I won't even know it!

I interviewed on 2/17 and hadn't heard anything, so I called the admissions office today and I'm an alternate....I'm very confused on how they're contacting people because it seems like for some the portal updated, others got a letter, and nothing for the rest. I'm concerned if something changes with my admissions status, I won't even know it!

Hi, I experienced the same thing. I called them and found out I was an alternate. The next day I received a letter in the mail. This was about 3 weeks ago. This week I got a call from admissions saying I was accepted and an email followed the same day.

Hi, I experienced the same thing. I called them and found out I was an alternate. The next day I received a letter in the mail. This was about 3 weeks ago. This week I got a call from admissions saying I was accepted and an email followed the same day.

First off congrats!!
So they will accept alternates before the April 15 deadline? The letter I recieved said they don't rank alternates but that seems unlikely as they have to have a list for how they're deciding which alternates get offers first?

Really hoping I get a call like you did, congrats again!!!

Was there a presentation about the school on the interview day? Has anyone brought a parent or SO? I'm not getting the feeling from the interview emails that a guest is not invited to attend.
If you do bring someone don't forget to interact with the other applicants as well. I was told that they notice it and it can score you some bonus points

First off congrats!!
So they will accept alternates before the April 15 deadline? The letter I recieved said they don't rank alternates but that seems unlikely as they have to have a list for how they're deciding which alternates get offers first?

Really hoping I get a call like you did, congrats again!!!

Thanks! They had originally told me that I would be notified, if at all, anytime between April 15th and the first day of classes. Maybe they are contacting people as others decline their offers?

Not sure if this question has been answered yet, but what are the tuition costs for Midwestern? Is it any different if you are a resident or not? For some reason I couldn't find this info on their website.

It says it's about 52,000 for a year but I'm just confused about if that includes housing, books, etc. or is just tuition - so about 208,000 total? I really want to go to this school but that seems a little on the high end.

It is an expensive school. That is just tuition, not housing or anything else. If you have a cheaper option, I would recommend taking it. Midwestern was my last choice of the schools I applied to, due to cost. It is a good school, the location is great, and I believe they will produce great vets, but it's a high price tag.

The dean explained at the interview that there would be a 2-5% increase in tuition every year. So tuition will be higher this upcoming year. I think they said $55,000.

Just withdrew my application, as I got into NCSU, my instate. Good luck to those of you on the waiting list!!

Getting ready for my interview next week, meaning I am basically trying to not freak out. Is anyone else interviewing on the 25th?

Does anyone know how many interviewers you meet with? I would like to leave thank yous and need to have an idea of how many to prepare

Does anyone know how many interviewers you meet with? I would like to leave thank yous and need to have an idea of how many to prepare

For me it was two. Should be the same for everyone. Good luck!

I was one of the candidates interviewed on the 25th of March, yesterday (monday) at around 8pm central time my portal was updated to show the pre-applicant checklist. When I called this morning, they confirmed my suspicions based of previous posts, that I was put on the alternate list.
From what I am hearing after speaking with them today, I feel very hopeful that I can still be accepted to this school! After taking the tour and meeting the staff, I fell in love with Midwestern. I will try to update more information as i get it!

I was one of the candidates interviewed on the 25th of March, yesterday (monday) at around 8pm central time my portal was updated to show the pre-applicant checklist. When I called this morning, they confirmed my suspicions based of previous posts, that I was put on the alternate list.
From what I am hearing after speaking with them today, I feel very hopeful that I can still be accepted to this school! After taking the tour and meeting the staff, I fell in love with Midwestern. I will try to update more information as i get it!
When you spoke to them today, did they give any details about how many they accepted versus how many seats they have, or how many people they have on the alternate list? When I talked to them a few weeks ago, I didn't get too much information...

When you spoke to them today, did they give any details about how many they accepted versus how many seats they have, or how many people they have on the alternate list? When I talked to them a few weeks ago, I didn't get too much information...

The lady told me there are now 72 people on the alternative applicant wait-list, 56 people have put in their deposit in that have been accepted at this point. I believe there are 104 seats. They have one more interview I believe this week. I was told that they re-evaluate those on the alternative applicant list every time someone gives up their seat, so hopefully we will have a lot of movement on this list soon!

Hope that was helpful!

The lady informed me today, that if your portal hasn't been updated with a pre or post applicant checklist, those applicants are not accepted :(

The lady informed me today, that if your portal hasn't been updated with a pre or post applicant checklist, those applicants are not accepted :(

Oh sad! Mine is updated. I hope that's a good sign.

Your pre applicant checklist? Congrats on the alternate status.

Your pre applicant checklist? Congrats on the alternate status.

Yes ma'am. Congratulations to yourself! There's a FB group for admitted students if you get your official acceptance. The link is at the beginning of this thread.

Yes ma'am. Congratulations to yourself! There's a FB group for admitted students if you get your official acceptance. The link is at the beginning of this thread.

What was added to your Pre-Applicant check-list? Looks like I'll be reapplying next year

My grades were put in. Oh no. Now I'm worried. Did you receive an email or anything stating that you were denied?

Mine weren't put in I just didn't know what they meant by an updated checklist. I didn't receive anything but looking at the previous comments it seems that the lack of a checklist update means denial.
Off to take an Ochem test now... not a good day for me.

My pre-checklist was updated to show the courses I took!

Mine weren't put in I just didn't know what they meant by an updated checklist. I didn't receive anything but looking at the previous comments it seems that the lack of a checklist update means denial.
Off to take an Ochem test now... not a good day for me.

I'm sorry puppyloveddvmhopeful :( don't give up hope for next year!