Midwestern University C/O 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of yall accepted, did yall get an email from Dr. Maty?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email from admissions, a phone call, and a snail mail letter from Dr. Sidaway. Nothing from Dr. Maty? Was it just a general acceptance email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I didn't get anything from Dr. Maty, just got the same as EnvyPointers.

Oh okay just wondering. I just got an email two days ago welcoming me to Midwestern. I haven't 100% decided on here (just waiting on my IS school) but just wanted to see if everyone got that email!

Oh okay just wondering. I just got an email two days ago welcoming me to Midwestern. I haven't 100% decided on here (just waiting on my IS school) but just wanted to see if everyone got that email!

Same here. Did you interview with Dr. Maty? I did, and got the email from her. Maybe that's why.

Has anyone here officially decided that they're going to Midwestern and put down their deposit yet?

I didn't get any email/phone call/snail mail, it just showed up in my MWUnet portal that I had been accepted.

I might put my deposit in on Monday but not sure yet. I still have 2 other interviews but I really liked MWU when I was there.

Reactions: 1 user
I might put my deposit in on Monday but not sure yet. I still have 2 other interviews but I really liked MWU when I was there.
I'm still going though with my Michigan interview because Michigan was originally my top choice but if I get offered an interview for Ross or Minnesota I'm going to decline. I've got a good feeling about Midwestern.

Same here. Did you interview with Dr. Maty? I did, and got the email from her. Maybe that's why.
Yes I interviewed with her.. So nice of her to personally send out an email though. I'm really impressed with the faculty from Midwestern!

Yes I interviewed with her.. So nice of her to personally send out an email though. I'm really impressed with the faculty from Midwestern!

Me too! I really felt that the faculty were committed to the students. It is really nice of her!

I feel like I am the only one who hasn't heard anything from them. If this is a sign of being rejected, I would love to know :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like I am the only one who hasn't heard anything from them. If this is a sign of being rejected, I would love to know :(

Also haven't heard a thing. Just going to continue being patient. Though it's extremely hard.

Sorry for this unhelpful post, but I am inquiring of accepted students who plan on going to CCOM in the fall, has anyone set up a class facebook page yet? I feel like we should get to know each other :)

Sorry for this unhelpful post, but I am inquiring of accepted students who plan on going to CCOM in the fall, has anyone set up a class facebook page yet? I feel like we should get to know each other :)

CCOM? Isn't that for osteopathic medicine?

If so, this thread is for the veterinary school. :)

Is anyone else interviewing on Monday?

I'm flying out tomorrow! So excited!

I'm flying out tomorrow for my interview on Wednesday, and I'll be there until Thursday morning. Let me know if anyone will be there and wants to meet up for some yummy Mexican food! I'm not nervous yet because it still doesn't feel real, but I'm sure it will hit me eventually!

I'm flying out tomorrow for my interview on Wednesday, and I'll be there until Thursday morning. Let me know if anyone will be there and wants to meet up for some yummy Mexican food! I'm not nervous yet because it still doesn't feel real, but I'm sure it will hit me eventually!

I had so much fun today. Relax and enjoy it. Really know yourself and your experiences for your interview and you'll do great :)

I had so much fun today. Relax and enjoy it. Really know yourself and your experiences for your interview and you'll do great :)

Im glad you had fun. MWU is really a nice and friendly place. it is just like one big family there.

Reactions: 1 users
I'll be interviewing on Wednesday too! See ya there :)

Interviewing wednesday as well! just got all settled in at Drury Inn!

Reactions: 2 users
This may be a dumb question, but do they tell you what time your actual interview is once you get there in the morning and get checked-in? just want to make sure i'm not missing anything.

This may be a dumb question, but do they tell you what time your actual interview is once you get there in the morning and get checked-in? just want to make sure i'm not missing anything.

They had you a sheet of paper with the panels / groups /names (it will make sense haha)
Interviews are 30minutes long. Morning interviews are 9-10:30 and then group b starts interviews at 10:30-12 and then lunch/tour.

You'll be sitting in a room chatting with faculty, current students and others there to interview and while you're waiting and someone will come to get you when it's time for your interview. Don't worry you won't miss it! :)

Interviewed today and was definitely impressed! The teaching hospital was amazing and the large animal hospital is bound to be just as great! The dean was cool and well prepared and the faculty and students were so friendly and helpful! If accepted, Midwestern has definitely become a top contender! The weather was also so beautiful!

Reactions: 4 users
When should we know if we are accepted or not
if we interviewed this week? Thought I heard a couple of weeks, but not sure If I heard right.

We were told either this coming Monday or possibly not until the 2nd week of January. I'm hoping for Monday!
I was there Thursday November 20th and I found out Monday November 24th that I have been accepted. When accepted you will get a phone call from MWU an email and a letter in the mail. I only got an email and phone call. Still waiting on the letter to be in my mailbox.

I was there Thursday November 20th and I found out Monday November 24th that I have been accepted. When accepted you will get a phone call from MWU an email and a letter in the mail. I only got an email and phone call. Still waiting on the letter to be in my mailbox.

It took quite a while for me to actually get the letter. Maybe 3 weeks or so.

People got emails, phone calls and letters? I didn't get any of that. :confused: They just updated my MWU portal to show that I had been accepted the Monday after the interview. I wonder why some people get notified via email/phone/etc. and others don't?

People got emails, phone calls and letters? I didn't get any of that. :confused: They just updated my MWU portal to show that I had been accepted the Monday after the interview. I wonder why some people get notified via email/phone/etc. and others don't?

My guess is it depends on who your interviewed with / who is dealing with your application? Just judging by some people got notified by different people haha. That's the only kind of guess that I have :p

Has anyone heard from Midwestern after receiving one of those "you may receive an interview" letters?

Anyone email your interviewer to thank them? Just wondering and toying with the idea of it...

I haven't and I'm not sure I will. When I got an invite to Mizzou they put in bold letters to not email/mail/contact them in any way. Midwestern didn't say anything about it, so you could be ok? I know some of their interviewers weren't on the boards and they just pass their notes along so I'm not sure it's the same as Mizzou saying it's influencing.

This wasn't a helpful response, sorry. :laugh: I want to, because it's nice. Maybe I'll send one after I get updated on their decision?

@Sit_Hollie_Good_Dog. I haven't. I know they apparently give your application another look if its deemed to have enough merit.

Still waiting here. Anybody else in this situation?

A student recommended to me to do it but I don't like feeling like a suck up before a decision is made haha

Anyone email your interviewer to thank them? Just wondering and toying with the idea of it...
I wrote two thank you letters and left them with the receptionist at the admissions office before I left on my interview day, and she said she would deliver them!

Well, I wanted to but couldn't find their contact info. Just I just sent a thank you email to the admissions office and told them I would like to thank the interviewers if I could get their contact info. They never gave the info to me, so I guess its ok lol.

Yeah I just sent an email to the admissions office asking for their contact info. No harm in trying.

At what time (and please say your time zone) was everyone aware of their status change? If the board does meet tomorrow I want to be prepared, haha. I have two afternoon finals and if they normally call/email/update around those times, I think my laptop and phone will spend the afternoon away from me :p

At what time (and please say your time zone) was everyone aware of their status change? If the board does meet tomorrow I want to be prepared, haha. I have two afternoon finals and if they normally call/email/update around those times, I think my laptop and phone will spend the afternoon away from me :p

I think it was like 4 pm (eastern time)

Reactions: 1 users