Minnesota c/o 2014!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Umm, nevermind. I did get the e-mail.

Thanks, P!

Members don't see this ad.

:D No problem!

I'm inclined to say that I did not get the e-mail about fall calendars. But recent evidence would suggest that I did, but didn't look at it very closely... :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm inclined to say that I did not get the e-mail about fall calendars. But recent evidence would suggest that I did, but didn't look at it very closely... :)

It pretty much just said, "Fall calendars are out, go here to find them." With no subject line. :D

Back to the Ethics paper. Blergh. SDN is such a welcome diversion with that class!

It pretty much just said, "Fall calendars are out, go here to find them." With no subject line. :D

Back to the Ethics paper. Blergh. SDN is such a welcome diversion with that class!

Enjoy! :)

Back to work!...

Okay, so let me make sure I'm doing it right...
When accepting our loans, we click "attending" for spring and fall, but not summer, right?

So it looks like we are finally officially registered for fall classes! Scary!

E, did you get your financial aid yet? I'm choosing to believe that because I have not, they must have generously decided to give me a full-ride scholarship. :laugh:

Why the randomness in the student loan process?? I hope you guys (E and P) get the info soon!!!!!

How do we know that we are officially registered?

Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow. Where is Mim's?

Our fall classes are now appearing on MyU and WebVista, two programs I have to use all the time for my MPH classes. Well, all our classes but the electives. I imagine it will take more time for them to go through all our forms.

There's not really anything important to know yet, I'm just excited. :)

It's right on Cleveland and Buford immediately to the west of the St. Paul campus.

I called and they said we wouldn't need reservations, so whoever gets there first just grab a big table when you get there. We have 6 confirmed and 16 maybes, so who knows how many will actually show up. :)

Why the randomness in the student loan process?? I hope you guys (E and P) get the info soon!!!!!

If you want some landmarks to make it easier to spot, it's at the only other light between Larpenteur and Como on Cleveland, and it shares a building with a coffee shop. The landscaping out front is all torn up right now because they're redoing it.

If you want some landmarks to make it easier to spot, it's at the only other light between Larpenteur and Como on Cleveland, and it shares a building with a coffee shop. The landscaping out front is all torn up right now because they're redoing it.

Cool, thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
So it looks like we are finally officially registered for fall classes! Scary!

E, did you get your financial aid yet? I'm choosing to believe that because I have not, they must have generously decided to give me a full-ride scholarship. :laugh:

Nothing yet...

weird, right? I do like your theory:).

I didn't have to fill out promissory notes or counseling quizzes. Did they send you those?

Does anyone know if they have posted this year's tuition anywhere? I don't know how much in loans I need to take out! :oops:

I didn't have to fill out promissory notes or counseling quizzes. Did they send you those?

I know I already told you, but for anyone following along...

Yes, they're sent to you via email.

Has anyone had any luck with getting course completion to register? I've done the counseling quiz twice and eFAAN keeps telling me I need to do it yet.

Has anyone had any luck with getting course completion to register? I've done the counseling quiz twice and eFAAN keeps telling me I need to do it yet.

I haven't got that far yet, but when I did it for my MPH, it took a few days.

And there was a problem with my financial aid! Apparently the dual degree caused a glitch. It's fixed now, but I'm glad I took your advice and talked to Mark about it.

E, did you figure out yours?

Originally Posted by Tiktaalik

I did the quiz twice because it kept telling me I needed to complete it. Then I realized that it takes a few days to go through. I checked back on one stop..by following the link from the email they sent me and mine now says that all my loan documents are complete.

I haven't got that far yet, but when I did it for my MPH, it took a few days.

And there was a problem with my financial aid! Apparently the dual degree caused a glitch. It's fixed now, but I'm glad I took your advice and talked to Mark about it.

E, did you figure out yours?

Yes!

All set now.

By the way, scubblescully, when are you moving? Haven't seen you online in a while...

I did the quiz twice because it kept telling me I needed to complete it. Then I realized that it takes a few days to go through. I checked back on one stop..by following the link from the email they sent me and mine now says that all my loan documents are complete.

I'm having trouble with it too!

I'm having trouble with it too!

Did you ever get it to go through, Italia?

Is anyone else having a hard time filling out the interests survey? I'm pretty sure of my first answer (Public Health), but after that, Wildlife, Zoo, Small Animal and Equine all sound good. Heck, so do parts of Research, Food Animal and Small Ruminants/Camelids.

I may just choose Other and write in mixed animal, or perhaps more appropriately: everything!

It takes about a week, guys, don't panic. Mine just went through today, and I took it 7/22/10. (I did mine twice, too, lol). Also, know that there's only one quiz (Plus and regular), even thought the eFAAN says you need to complete two. If you finish the one counseling thing, you'll be set for both.

Also also, the results of the credit check (from Grad Plus only) will come to you by mail. I passed (yay!) and my credit history's pretty limited (2 yrs), so most people should probably be okay.

It takes about a week, guys, don't panic. Mine just went through today, and I took it 7/22/10. (I did mine twice, too, lol). Also, know that there's only one quiz (Plus and regular), even thought the eFAAN says you need to complete two. If you finish the one counseling thing, you'll be set for both.

And you'll never have to do it again at the U of M. :D The system just skipped past that step this time since I already did it for summer classes. :)

I took it once on the 20th and it still hasnt gone through yet *tear.
I suppose I can take it a second time? (although I really dont want to :p)

Did you ever get it to go through, Italia?

Is anyone else having a hard time filling out the interests survey?

Mine still says pending. Hopefully it will go thru sometime this week. My interest survey went thru just fine. I thought it was kind of strange that they wanted your top 3 fields of interest.

So just to completely dumb it down for me...only one couseling quiz and one promissory note thingy and thats it?

Ok.. I feel like a complete idiot, but Im on step two of the EFAAN thing (Grad plus loan information) but when I try to enter the school (U of MN Twin Cities) and the award year 2010-2011 (no other option) it wont let me move on stating "this school will not accept that award year". Man. :mad: wtheck am i doing wrong.

My interest survey went thru just fine. I thought it was kind of strange that they wanted your top 3 fields of interest.

Oh, I wasn't having trouble with it going through, I was having trouble answering it. :D

So just to completely dumb it down for me...only one couseling quiz and one promissory note thingy and thats it?

Yep, that's what it was for me this summer.

JKIM, I wish I could help you. That sounds strange, though. Is this on the umn.edu site or on the federal site?

Ok. so I have completed the Counseling quiz, and 2 promissory note thingys... (subsidized/unsubsidized, and grad plus.. i think those are it).... Am i done? On the student loans.gov website there is the...
1. counseling quiz
2. the plus application process (the one where u of mn and year wouldnt work)
3. promissory notes
4. endorse plus loans options.
I only completed 1 and 3. Is that what ya'll did? Im so sorry im such a noob :(

Ok. so I have completed the Counseling quiz, and 2 promissory note thingys... (subsidized/unsubsidized, and grad plus.. i think those are it).... Am i done? On the student loans.gov website there is the...
1. counseling quiz
2. the plus application process (the one where u of mn and year wouldnt work)
3. promissory notes
4. endorse plus loans options.
I only completed 1 and 3. Is that what ya'll did? Im so sorry im such a noob :(

You're done. Check back every couple days to be sure it all gets processed right. You don't have to dink around with the endorsing stuff unless you fail the credit check, and you'll know about that by mail about the same time it shows up as completed on the eFAAN.

You're done. Check back every couple days to be sure it all gets processed right. You don't have to dink around with the endorsing stuff unless you fail the credit check, and you'll know about that by mail about the same time it shows up as completed on the eFAAN.

Thanks dood! youve put my mind at ease. Ill give it a wk-2 wks before I start to freak out again when my loans crap is still incomplete. lol . Thanks you guys! you guys are always so helpful :)

Thanks dood! youve put my mind at ease. Ill give it a wk-2 wks before I start to freak out again when my loans crap is still incomplete. lol . Thanks you guys! you guys are always so helpful :)

No prob :)

are you guys avma members? my idiot self forgot about it ( I thnk its past due) but I was just wondering if you guys were.

Can you believe it? school is almost here... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

are you guys avma members? my idiot self forgot about it ( I thnk its past due) but I was just wondering if you guys were.

Can you believe it? school is almost here... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I paid already, but I'm pretty sure we can join SCAVMA after school starts.

I can't believe there are only 35 days until orientation!

Ahhhh!:scared:
no more countdown! no more! LOL

:) I don't think it's even a countdown any more. More like looking at the date at the corner of my computer screen. :D

Don't worry about SCAVMA, they'll do a membership drive sometime the first week. The email thing was just so they could pre-print membership cards, so the only diff is we'll have to wait for ours (I forget to fill the stuff out, too)

And carp! I just realized I still have to do my junk for camp! (Myers-Briggs, health form).

Don't worry about SCAVMA, they'll do a membership drive sometime the first week. The email thing was just so they could pre-print membership cards, so the only diff is we'll have to wait for ours (I forget to fill the stuff out, too)

And carp! I just realized I still have to do my junk for camp! (Myers-Briggs, health form).

fudge! my email is all wakky. i cant find it nemore. can one of yall foward that camp email to me [email protected]
thanks a bunch in advance. i kant believe how disorganized i am rite now. :mad:

Thanks so much. i o u big ;) ill buy u a big stankin coffee when we finally meet :)

Last edited:
fudge! my email is all wakky. i cant find it nemore. can one of yall foward that camp email to me [email protected]
thanks a bunch in advance. i kant believe how disorganized i am rite now. :mad:

Done. Moving is a stressful time. :)

ok... so just to get my ish straight...This is what we need so far before skool begins.
1. counseling quizzes / promissery notes (however its spelled)
2. orientation stuff from email
3. the buddy program survey thing

is that it so far?

please add to the list if im missing something.

ok... so just to get my ish straight...This is what we need so far before skool begins.
1. counseling quizzes / promissery notes (however its spelled)
2. orientation stuff from email
3. the buddy program survey thing

is that it so far?

please add to the list if im missing something.

To be honest, I'm not sure. I just do it as it comes in.

I don't think there's anything left to do for the buddy group, though. (Unless you didn't do your original bio stuff due to being an alternate?)

There is also the nametag/interests/diet survey.

I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Edited to add:
Also, I don't know how far back you're going either: have you mailed in your registration form and stuff? Immunization forms? (Or were all of those for the MPH?)

Just work through your CVM e-mails and you'll get it all done.

Last edited:
I paid already, but I'm pretty sure we can join SCAVMA after school starts.

I can't believe there are only 35 days until orientation!

Same here, JKIM- but don't worry about it too much- I'm 100% certain you can join after school starts.