Minnesota c/o 2014!

Started by parietal
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't remember this. What email did that come in?

It came earlier this week- it asks you what name you want on your nametag, dietary preferences, and your areas of interest (I had trouble picking three- how about "All of the above"?).
 
It came earlier this week- it asks you what name you want on your nametag, dietary preferences, and your areas of interest (I had trouble picking three- how about "All of the above"?).

So glad I'm not the only one! 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seriously!

Pocket pets, llamas, alpacas, cows, pigs, horses, birds, dogs, cats, various things that live in zoos?

YES, PLEASE!

Exactly!!!!! Plus public health for me. 🙂 And goats. And sheep. And wildlife. And heck, why not research, too? 😀

Am I missing anything?
 
Research might be the one thing that I cross off my list... 🙂

BLERGH.

😀 Figured you'd say that. Tiktaalik might even agree with you today. 😛

And on the feeling like an idiot note: I completely thought an Epi assignment due yesterday was due today. And, as usual, I procrastinated until today. Ooops! 😳
 
Mine were research (in spite of my mistake, because my westerns turned out lovely today), pocket pets, zoo (bc no reptiles/exotics question WTF?).

I love guinea pigs!
 
yep yep. can I bring my husband? (he's super excited to come..just checking if its ok) 🙂 He keeps telling people "we" are going to vet school...haha..he says "I cant believe "we" made it" hes very supportive.🙂
 
yep yep. can I bring my husband? (he's super excited to come..just checking if its ok) 🙂 He keeps telling people "we" are going to vet school...haha..he says "I cant believe "we" made it" hes very supportive.🙂

That's awesome!

I think I just responded to you on the Facebook page (if that is you), but absolutely! Bring him!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nice to meet you and your husband, oilidigigoat!

Missed you, E and I! It wasn't quite the same without you. 🙁

Would an August 14 gathering and/or a Labor Day weekend gathering work for you guys?
 
Nice to meet you and your husband, oilidigigoat!

Missed you, E and I! It wasn't quite the same without you. 🙁

Would an August 14 gathering and/or a Labor Day weekend gathering work for you guys?

My weekends are always packed. But that doesn't mean that you guys can't get together without me!
 
My weekends are always packed. But that doesn't mean that you guys can't get together without me!

I don't think we can, really. 🙂

Oilidigigoat can't come on Aug. 14 either, plus I have a ton of other stuff going on that weekend.

So how about we do something on a weekday-after-work the week after next (Aug. 9-13)? Tiktaalik proposed a neat little place on Como, which sounds fun.

Then, maybe, we can go to the State Fair on Aug. 26? It's way less busy on weekdays, plus that day is Thrifty Thursday, so tickets are cheaper for admission, food, games, etc.

Then tiktaalik proposed having a Labor Day weekend bash at his house before classes actually start, which sounds awesome.

Any of that sound good? Or too much?
 
It was nice to meet you too! We had a lot of fun.

I'll be at any future gatherings if I am in town.🙂
 
Missed you, E and I! It wasn't quite the same without you. 🙁
Would an August 14 gathering and/or a Labor Day weekend gathering work for you guys?

Like E, my weekends are super packed before school. I would definitely be up for something during the week. How was the bbq?
I will also be at the State Fair on the 26th so maybe we will run into each other.
 
Like E, my weekends are super packed before school. I would definitely be up for something during the week. How was the bbq?
I will also be at the State Fair on the 26th so maybe we will run into each other.

Bring on the weeknight gatherings! 🙂
 
Hey guys. My email just blew up or something. All my messages are gone. Im a little peeved yes 🙁

Is there any way you guys can foward me the nametag/interests/diet survey email ane the buddy program survey.. although I thnk it may be too late for that.

I cant believe this happened..
 
Last edited:
Hey guys. My email just blew up or something. All my messages are gone. Im a little peeved yes 🙁

Is there any way you guys can foward me the nametag/interests/diet survey email ane the buddy program survey.. although I thnk it may be too late for that. [email protected]

I cant believe this happened..

I'm not entirely sure, JKIM, but I think each survey was uniquely created/identified for each student.

I'd just get in touch with Bre Ward at the Student Affairs office, she should be able to re-send it. Let me know how it goes!
 
Thanks. I emailed Bre. hopefully shell be able to send me the emails again. I will let you know how it goes.
 
Argh, I still haven't turned in that camp form bs. This thread keeps reminding me and I keep forgetting again.
 
Argh, I still haven't turned in that camp form bs. This thread keeps reminding me and I keep forgetting again.

Get with it! They urgently need to know whether you wet the bed! 😀

I think that was my favorite form yet. So ridiculously silly.
 
Do any of you have preferences and/or days you absolutely can't do for an Aug. 9-Aug. 13 weeknight gathering?

Oh yeah, and any time preferences?
 
Get with it! They urgently need to know whether you wet the bed! 😀

I think that was my favorite form yet. So ridiculously silly.

LOL. i know totally funny.
So if I checked yes... will they line my bed with saran wrap? Put me in my own tent? Then everyone will know my deepest darkest secret!!!😛😛

ahah. I just sent mine out today $5 and some change. Dam my procrastination awesomeness.

And an update about my email. Its been fixed. I have no clue what happened but my emails have returned.. THANK GOODNESS. 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do any of you have preferences and/or days you absolutely can't do for an Aug. 9-Aug. 13 weeknight gathering?

Oh yeah, and any time preferences?

Monday-Wednesday definitely work. Time is totally open since I'm done with work now. I am out of town basically every Thursday thru Sunday until orientation.
 
Ok, then. Does Wednesday the 11th work for everyone? Should we say, I don't know, 5:30 to 7 or whenever?

Tiktaalik, what's the name of the place you're thinking of? Muffuletta, by chance?
 
Ok, then. Does Wednesday the 11th work for everyone? Should we say, I don't know, 5:30 to 7 or whenever?

Tiktaalik, what's the name of the place you're thinking of? Muffuletta, by chance?

Well, Muffuletta is there, too, but it's kind of expensive, so I was actually thinking of the Finnish Bistro (across the street from Muffuletta). If people prefer Muffuletta, though, I'm not opposed.

And 5:30 to 7 sounds great.

Here are the websites to compare:
http://www.finnishbistro.com/
http://www.muffuletta.com/index.html
 
Ahhh. I have an account balance. Yowza... and a mighty big one at that. 🙁
 
Arghhh!! One-night-a-week housing plans fell through. Scrambling...
 
Ya my account balance made me feel sick for a second...

Parietal, what happened with your housing plans? I have a couch? or will in a few days. haha
 
Ya my account balance made me feel sick for a second...

Parietal, what happened with your housing plans? I have a couch? or will in a few days. haha

Thanks, scubblescully! 🙂 The friend that I was going to stay with decided (quite reasonably, there are no hard feelings) that she couldn't afford much less than full rent for the room. Which I and the other commuting student splitting the room just couldn't afford. We both already have our own mortgages plus will be spending ridiculous amounts of money on gas and car maintenance.

Thankfully, I've already had a couple of other friends offer, so hopefully something will work out. But if it doesn't, your couch and I may get to be good friends, scubblescully! 😀

Seriously, though, good luck with getting settled in! Can't wait to meet you on Wednesday!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks, scubblescully! 🙂 The friend that I was going to stay with decided (quite reasonably, there are no hard feelings) that she couldn't afford much less than full rent for the room. Which I and the other commuting student splitting the room just couldn't afford. We both already have our own mortgages plus will be spending ridiculous amounts of money on gas and car maintenance.

Thankfully, I've already had a couple of other friends offer, so hopefully something will work out. But if it doesn't, your couch and I may get to be good friends, scubblescully! 😀

Seriously, though, good luck with getting settled in! Can't wait to meet you on Wednesday!


I'm pretty sure that the real Elliepants might lose her mind with a third human and second dog in the house. This is really too bad because I'd love having you a few nights a week...

Also, we don't have a shower🙂.

Anyway, I hope it works out.
 
Oh, and I just changed from "Pre-veterinary" to "Veterinary student"...

I hope no one has a cow🙂.
 
I'm pretty sure that the real Elliepants might lose her mind with a third human and second dog in the house. This is really too bad because I'd love having you a few nights a week...

Also, we don't have a shower🙂.

Anyway, I hope it works out.

Ha! I don't know if I could live without a shower. I'm just too tall for tubs!

But Elliepants (the real one) and Annie should meet sometime anyway. I have a feeling they'd get along well!

And congrats on your status change! When I changed mine when my MPH classes started, I was all prepared to defend my choice if bullied about it. :laugh:

One of my med school friends just had her white coat ceremony and now I'm kind of sad we don't do ours until third year. Yeah, it means more then, but it'd be kind of fun for my family to see the school and where they heck I'm going to be spending the next four years of my life...
 
And P, you think the white coat ceremony seems far off to you... I won't see mine for 6 years! lol. :laugh:

Oh, I didn't think about that! That's kind of annoying! And you will already be Dr. Tiktaalik...

Hey, did you know there is a prof at the vet school with a name (real one, of course) just one letter off from yours?