Minnesota c/o 2014!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh, I didn't think about that! That's kind of annoying! And you will already be Dr. Tiktaalik...

Hey, did you know there is a prof at the vet school with a name (real one, of course) just one letter off from yours?

which letter? :)

Members don't see this ad.

I wish my name could be Dr. Tiktaalik instead of the super common name I do have. Wouldn't that totally freak undergrads out? I could show up in a Tiktaalik suit on the first day of lecture :p

And so there's someone with my name, eh? Interesting.

The white coat thing... Eh, I brought it on myself so w/e. What's going to be weird for me is already being a doctor of something while in rotations.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
which letter? :)

The "a". It's an "e" in the prof's name. He mostly does swine stuff.

I wish my name could be Dr. Tiktaalik instead of the super common name I do have. Wouldn't that totally freak undergrads out? I could show up in a Tiktaalik suit on the first day of lecture :p

That would be awesome! :D

I wouldn't mind being Dr. Parietal, either. But I like my real last name, too. :)

It was sooo great to finally meet you all! You were all even greater than I expected. Sorry I was all quiet and awkward in the corner at first. I am so excited about hanging out again and becoming vets together!

It was sooo great to finally meet you all! You were all even greater than I expected. Sorry I was all quiet and awkward in the corner at first. I am so excited about hanging out again and becoming vets together!

Great to finally meet you, too!

Woo-hoo!

It was awesome to meet you, too!

You too!

(is there an echo in here?)

Hey Guys,

I've been MIA for awhile. What have I missed???
Hello Scubblescully! Glad you finally made it to MN!!

Hey Guys,

I've been MIA for awhile. What have I missed???
Hello Scubblescully! Glad you finally made it to MN!!

Glad you're back! You didn't miss much, just some more awesome new classmates. :)

Yay for the Saints being a mile from my apartment! Haha, something to do tonight and tomorrow while I am here with a partially furnished apartment and no communication with the outside world outside of my phone! Let me know if anyone is going/wants to go tomorrow or something. PM me i guess? Again, it was great to meet you guys.

Yay for the Saints being a mile from my apartment! Haha, something to do tonight and tomorrow while I am here with a partially furnished apartment and no communication with the outside world outside of my phone! Let me know if anyone is going/wants to go tomorrow or something. PM me i guess? Again, it was great to meet you guys.

The Saints are awesome! I have plans, but have fun!

Whoo! I Finally have a room AHEM i mean a studio apt in minnesota. (sorry its REALLY small LOL) Wow. This is really happening... holy crap. Road trip starts Wednesday!! I think I live near a stadium also too... not sure what stadium it is. Its smaller and its on energy park drive or something I think...

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm out of town! Sorry!

Enjoy!

Finally got my official Wilson Scholarship letter. It's not some elaborate prank after all!

Edited to add:
I am still an INTP.

Last edited:
Apparently I am talking to myself today. :) But is anyone else going to sign up for the new elective? Sounds AWESOME!

Apparently I am talking to myself today. :) But is anyone else going to sign up for the new elective? Sounds AWESOME!

lol. it does in deedy sound awesome! im debating whether or not i would like to sign up for it.

Whoo! I Finally have a room AHEM i mean a studio apt in minnesota. (sorry its REALLY small LOL) Wow. This is really happening... holy crap. Road trip starts Wednesday!! I think I live near a stadium also too... not sure what stadium it is. Its smaller and its on energy park drive or something I think...

Sounds like Midway stadium?

I don't know about the elective, I'm kind of torn. I probably won't take it.

I ended up ENTJ. When I look at the weaknesses of my type, I can't say I'm surprised ;-p

I decided to sign up for the elective-but I am auditing it since I am very interested in wildlife but I don't want to over commit myself the first semester. Hopefully that was a smart decision.

I have taken a M.B. personality test twice before and was ENFP both times. This time I'm ENTP. I thought that was interesting. ;)

I am taking the new elective. It sounded really interesting to me and won't be too big of a time commitment hopefully.

I am sure I am supposed to know this but when you go to look at the course schedule for this fall, what is the difference between the black and white and the color schedule?

I am sure I am supposed to know this but when you go to look at the course schedule for this fall, what is the difference between the black and white and the color schedule?

The color one is color coded. The black and white one isn't. :)

Ok good! I was hoping that was it and that we didn't have two confusing schedules to deal with. I'm sure if I had actually spent any time looking at them I would have figured it out. haha. Thanks P

Ok good! I was hoping that was it and that we didn't have two confusing schedules to deal with. I'm sure if I had actually spent any time looking at them I would have figured it out. haha. Thanks P

No problem. I was wondering if there was a trick question in there somewhere. :laugh:

scubblescully, can you make it to the State Fair? I don't think you've RSVPed yet.

How about you, JKIM and olidigigoat?

No problem. I was wondering if there was a trick question in there somewhere. :laugh:

scubblescully, can you make it to the State Fair? I don't think you've RSVPed yet.

How about you, JKIM and olidigigoat?

I think my bf and I are going to go on Thursday also.. Im not sure what time but probably during the day time... Perhaps well run into e.o.! :love:

okay... so i have a really really dumb question.. Is the sched on this page http://www.cvm.umn.edu/education/currentstudents/courses/home.html our actual schedule? And on our my U pages.. under current courses we can find where exactly our classes are? I dont know if its because Im tired or what not but im getting confused just thinking about all these classes! (and a lil nervous!:scared:)

okay... so i have a really really dumb question.. Is the sched on this page http://www.cvm.umn.edu/education/currentstudents/courses/home.html our actual schedule? And on our my U pages.. under current courses we can find where exactly our classes are? I dont know if its because Im tired or what not but im getting confused just thinking about all these classes! (and a lil nervous!:scared:)

Yes, although if you aren't taking all the electives, you wouldn't have those. Your list of classes should be under the MyCourses tab at MyU. Keep in mind that a bunch of our courses this semester are pass/fail. And quite a few are just a credit or two.

But this is also our easiest semester by far, which also makes me nervous! :scared:

Still time management is obviously going to be very important! :)

Unfortunately I will not be able to go to the fair with you all P. I will not be back up there for a few more days so I will probably be checking out the fair sometime over Labor Day weekend.

I probably won't be going to the fair until labor day weekend either. I'm going out of town friday..so I should get all my ducks in a row before I go.

Oh crapp.. orientation begins on WED...ahhhh only one full day left of freedom! :scared::scared::scared: Are you guys ready?

What are u guys bringing on Wed? I know we are supposed to bring a pen and paper but I was wondering if you guys were going to bring a backpack and stuff. From my understanding we are also getting our vss orders tomorrow.. man im NERVOUS!

Oh crapp.. orientation begins on WED...ahhhh only one full day left of freedom! :scared::scared::scared: Are you guys ready?

What are u guys bringing on Wed? I know we are supposed to bring a pen and paper but I was wondering if you guys were going to bring a backpack and stuff. From my understanding we are also getting our vss orders tomorrow.. man im NERVOUS!

We're getting our VSS orders tomorrow? As in Tuesday?

Are we supposed to go pick them up?

I thought they were gonna be in our study carrels on Wednesday?

Sorry! I meant to say wednesday. Sorry for the confusion. :oops:

Oh, ok, you had me worried, lol.

I'm just bringin' myself and a notebook + pen. I figure the stuff in my carrel will be in bags already, and if not, w/e, I live just down the road.

Arghh! I'm so incredibly excited! And nervous!

Omg, tt, corgis corgis corgis! I wanna cuddle your profile!

Good luck, new Gopher vets!

Make sure you find and patronize the Dairy and Meat Salesrooms in the Andrew Boss food sciences building. Ice cream! Cheese! Honeycrisp apples! Best bacon ever!

Omg, tt, corgis corgis corgis! I wanna cuddle your profile!

Seriously :). There's almost nothing cuter than corgis...

P.S. Thanks for the tip, StealthDog!

What time are y'all heading in tomorrow? Check-in begins at 7, but I don't want to stand around awkwardly for an hour. On the other hand, I don't want to be late. I'M VERY, VERY NERVOUS.

Seriously :). There's almost nothing cuter than corgis...

P.S. Thanks for the tip, StealthDog!

What time are y'all heading in tomorrow? Check-in begins at 7, but I don't want to stand around awkwardly for an hour. On the other hand, I don't want to be late. I'M VERY, VERY NERVOUS.

I'm planning on being there at 7 because I'm a dork and I hate the remote possibility of being late. It seriously stresses me out!!! Anyone else coming early??

I'm planning on being there at 7 because I'm a dork and I hate the remote possibility of being late. It seriously stresses me out!!! Anyone else coming early??

Sure! Why not...?

I'll be there at 7, too, or shortly after.

We can all be awkward, stressed and nervous together.

Like I said on the other thread, I'll need to have a SDN bake sale if I want to apply to all 15 schools on my maybe list right now. Haha.

Remember you said you'd read my PS! :hungover:

Like I said on the other thread, I'll need to have a SDN bake sale if I want to apply to all 15 schools on my maybe list right now. Haha.

Remember you said you'd read my PS! :hungover:

Get it to me before classes start Sept. 6 and I will! After that, I will do my best, but no promises. And if it's after Sept. 25, there's probably no chance as we have our first pile o' tests starting Sept. 29 and extending, oh, four years or so? :)