Mission ImpoWWssible Game Thread

Started by WildZoo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Day 4 Yeet Vote


  • Total voters
    15
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bodyguard is a pretty good mafia fakeclaim tbh. You won't die unless someone targets you (mafia obviously won't, and if vigilante believes the claim they won't either). And your protects will always be "successful" because you know who the NK will be. No one else in the game can prove you were doing what you were doing because (to my knowledge), bodyguard actions are not loud.
Quick self correction here: bodyguard won't die unless someone targets them OR the person they're protecting. But if you're a mafia with knowledge of the NK, you can just avoid that.
 
PSV: PSV’s been pushing the KJQ tunnel a lot, and I think she's been a little overeager in trying to drive the narrative around that. I agree with Chic that PSV has been too focused on a specific line of thinking, and that kind of tunnel vision doesn’t sit well with me. I’ll continue to keep an eye on PSV as the game goes on.
Ay, verdad? Do you think I'm paired with Clem?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
... So it still doesn’t add up to me to kill greedy unless mkg is specifically scum, which I don’t really see happening. Because who fake claims a role that is confirmable knowing they can’t be confirmed and then BUS their role blocking partner??

The only situation in which a bodyguard is confirmable is if we assume the existence of a cop or seer, which we've already had a discussion that they may not exist. I do think it's less of a possibility given that mkg hopped on Clem when (I believe) Clem and SAR were tied), but in the EoD scramble you can never be sure if folks are working with the most updated counts.
 
I’m narrowing down the logical possibilities. It’s logical that a doctor and a bodyguard do not exist together.
I’m not sure why.

You’re also making assumptions about how the night cycle played out, based on those roles specifically being involved, and then creating a world view based on that, which again, is a false foundation.

Village could have a PGO and Greedy was actually scum who did the night kill and got unlucky, for example. You just don’t know, and it’s not logical to make assumptions about the game state by doing NKA, while being uninformed about what actually did happen.

You’re picking a couple possibilities, claiming it’s absolutely one of these possibilities, and then trying to solve from there which isn’t real, because it’s entirely crafted on top of a reality you’re creating.
 
I’m not sure why.

You’re also making assumptions about how the night cycle played out, based on those roles specifically being involved, and then creating a world view based on that, which again, is a false foundation.

Village could have a PGO and Greedy was actually scum who did the night kill and got unlucky, for example. You just don’t know, and it’s not logical to make assumptions about the game state by doing NKA, while being uninformed about what actually did happen.

You’re picking a couple possibilities, claiming it’s absolutely one of these possibilities, and then trying to solve from there which isn’t real, because it’s entirely crafted on top of a reality you’re creating.
Oh I’m absolutely operating under the assumption greedy was town. And will continue to do so.
 
And they would’ve stayed the leading wagon if not for that claim.
(am i paranoid to believe this could have been a scum leading scum interaction? a public display of chic "pushing" for mkg to RR as BG, in order to keep mkg who might be a scum PR?...)
 
The only situation in which a bodyguard is confirmable is if we assume the existence of a cop or seer, which we've already had a discussion that they may not exist. I do think it's less of a possibility given that mkg hopped on Clem when (I believe) Clem and SAR were tied), but in the EoD scramble you can never be sure if folks are working with the most updated counts.
Hmm actually you’re right. I’m rethinking my assumptions now about what scum would do. Scum doesn’t have to target mkg. They can target who they want out and if mkg dies instead, oh well a PR is still dead. So I don’t think this looks terrible for mkg. I just don’t understand the choice of greedy over almost any other person. Like why not kill genny who led the scum wagon and is almost completely townread?

If the greedy kill was solely to confuse, congrats it did.


Edit: typo
 
Oh I’m absolutely operating under the assumption greedy was town. And will continue to do so.
See this is where a lot of people will probably disagree with you. Short of meta/"I know how this player plays", there is nothing else concrete to support this, especially if you're trying to convince others of the same.
 
Can you elaborate what puts chic on the same level as genny?
I don’t think I’d say “same” per se. Of the people in the game they’re the two I’m most village reading. Genny because the Clem vote was too pure and too early for me to believe an elaborate bussing scheme was at play.

Chic because of her posts, and my being able to follow her thought process and logic.
 
(am i paranoid to believe this could have been a scum leading scum interaction? a public display of chic "pushing" for mkg to RR as BG, in order to keep mkg who might be a scum PR?...)
But then SAR is town and was a viable wagon, why would scum sacrifice their roleblocker over mislimming town? I don’t really think this can be the solve unless it was a misplay.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But then SAR is town and was a viable wagon, why would scum sacrifice their roleblocker over mislimming town? I don’t really think this can be the solve unless it was a misplay.
i guess my logic is "you cant save them all". They might not have accounted for people to wagon on Clem and just have to go with it, hence the waffling at the very end with 1 minute left. they would have been grilled and scrutinized all night
 
See this is where a lot of people will probably disagree with you. Short of meta/"I know how this player plays", there is nothing else concrete to support this, especially if you're trying to convince others of the same.
If greedy was scum, where is the other kill? He can be town or 3p from your pov but not scum unless you’re going to say it’s more likely there’s a PGO which would be the pot calling the kettle black with how you’re saying I’m focusing on unconfirmed mech and wanting PR to out when you’d be doing the same thing you’re accusing me of in that scenario.
 
But then SAR is town and was a viable wagon, why would scum sacrifice their roleblocker over mislimming town? I don’t really think this can be the solve unless it was a misplay.
Unless SAR isn’t town, because the pack is Clem, SAR, and MKG
 
If greedy was scum, where is the other kill? He can be town or 3p from your pov but not scum unless you’re going to say it’s more likely there’s a PGO which would be the pot calling the kettle black with how you’re saying I’m focusing on unconfirmed mech and wanting PR to out when you’d be doing the same thing you’re accusing me of in that scenario.
Omg I thought this was zenge I was replying to lol disregard this
 
If greedy was scum, where is the other kill? He can be town or 3p from your pov but not scum unless you’re going to say it’s more likely there’s a PGO which would be the pot calling the kettle black with how you’re saying I’m focusing on unconfirmed mech and wanting PR to out when you’d be doing the same thing you’re accusing me of in that scenario.
There are literally so many possibilities. Like the list is almost endless.
 
I don’t think the list is endless. Maybe that’s where we differ. I know there’s an answer to my questions so I’m going to try to figure it out.
Just to illustrate my point, maybe one of the scum can have their factional kill be poison instead and someone’s going to drop dead unexpectedly during the day cycle here.

Like I can keep coming up with scenarios to illustrate this point but it’s clogging the thread.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
would it be too early/risky to reveal who they protected last night?
Even if mkg did reveal this, what would it tell us?

If she's scum, she can just point to someone scum didn't target. Wow, they didn't die, a shocker.

If she's town, there's no way to prove that she protected who she protected. And we get no information about the identity of the protected person (this isn't like a hider where they die if they interact with mafia).
 
Even if mkg did reveal this, what would it tell us?

If she's scum, she can just point to someone scum didn't target. Wow, they didn't die, a shocker.

If she's town, there's no way to prove that she protected who she protected. And we get no information about the identity of the protected person (this isn't like a hider where they die if they interact with mafia).
For one, we don't know if actions are silent. For two, we don't know if someone was tracking mkg to see if she did what she alleges. For three, the alleged recipient, if it's true role madness, could have some kind of funkytown bonus (PGO, for instance) where bodyguarding is impossible so they'd know if mkg lies.
So since the alleged role is outted, it's pro-town to reveal the target. UNLESS as Zenge said she can't target the same person in a row
 
Even if mkg did reveal this, what would it tell us?

If she's scum, she can just point to someone scum didn't target. Wow, they didn't die, a shocker.

If she's town, there's no way to prove that she protected who she protected. And we get no information about the identity of the protected person (this isn't like a hider where they die if they interact with mafia).
if there's a tracker or watcher, they can confirm if that person was visited or not. no?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For one, we don't know if actions are silent. For two, we don't know if someone was tracking mkg to see if she did what she alleges. For three, the alleged recipient, if it's true role madness, could have some kind of funkytown bonus (PGO, for instance) where bodyguarding is impossible so they'd know if mkg lies.
So since the alleged role is outted, it's pro-town to reveal the target. UNLESS as Zenge said she can't target the same person in a row
Alright, good point. Role madness will do its thing 😂
if there's a tracker or watcher, they can confirm if that person was visited or not. no?
This requires the tracker/watcher/etc. to have properly targeted either mkg or the person mkg protected, but if we do have a hit, this could be good info.
 
Arsonist I’ve only ever seen as 3p, that’s the role you mean? Where they douse someone each night right?
Yessss. One of my fave roles to play (only got to do it once in my life). Prime/douse each night, and then ignite everyone at any point (some setups require it to be past a certain night cycle). I took out two scum that one game <3