This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For people who have already interviewed, are there other things to do the afternoon of the interview or do you just leave as soon as its over?

Members don't see this ad.

I really need Michigan State to tell me when I have my interview with them so I can book flights for mississippi…ugh

anyone else who registered for an interview but not getting confirmation email?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For people who have already interviewed, are there other things to do the afternoon of the interview or do you just leave as soon as its over?
you can leave as soon as it’s over! there was an exit survey but that was it.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got my interview confirmation this morning for February 16th

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think some IS people have started to hear

It’s odd they seemingly didn’t send out anything today. I feel like I’ve been refreshing my email and portal a thousand times.

It’s odd they seemingly didn’t send out anything today. I feel like I’ve been refreshing my email and portal a thousand times.
I think i heard all invites were sent out, the last interview day was feb 16th?

I haven’t heard of anyone getting the January date or the early February date. Maybe I’m wrong. I’ve also heard of very little IS people who have gotten an interview. Who knows though.

I haven’t heard of anyone getting the January date or the early February date. Maybe I’m wrong. I’ve also heard of very little IS people who have gotten an interview. Who knows though.
I got the January 19th date yesterday. I'm actually having some issues since it was such a late notice :/

i got the early february date as a sc student! hopeful that there are more invites coming out for everyone

I’m OOS and I still haven’t heard anything…

OOS 1st time student here! I haven’t heard anything yet. On their website, it says that some applicants are notified of their admission decision at the same time those who aren’t invited are also notified. Im wondering if they are going to forego interview for certain applicants? I know they said earlier though in their email that an interview is required to advance. Trying to stay optimistic but I am starting to get worried.

OOS 1st time student here! I haven’t heard anything yet. On their website, it says that some applicants are notified of their admission decision at the same time those who aren’t invited are also notified. Im wondering if they are going to forego interview for certain applicants? I know they said earlier though in their email that an interview is required to advance. Trying to stay optimistic but I am starting to get worried.
Some applicants who already interviewed would be notified in that case

I know they had around 1,400 applicant this cycle & usually interview around 500 people. Does anyone know out of those 500 how much is OOS (not contract) & how many OOS seats they accept?

I know they had around 1,400 applicant this cycle & usually interview around 500 people. Does anyone know out of those 500 how much is OOS (not contract) & how many OOS seats they accept?
It’s half IS and half OOS basically

• Care
I was wondering where you heard this? I work at the vet school and haven’t heard anything about that. Just trying not to freak out haha.

I was wondering where you heard this? I work at the vet school and haven’t heard anything about that. Just trying not to freak out haha.
I saw someone said it on the prevet fb page!

I am IS and got an interview for the 16th. They are least starting to look at the IS applicants so hopefully more IS applicants will hear soon

• Care
People who were still under review - my status in the portal just got taken away to where there is nothing at all 🤔 anyone else?

People who were still under review - my status in the portal just got taken away to where there is nothing at all 🤔 anyone else?
So that also happened to me and I walked down to the admissions office and they said they will be sending out an email sometime today. I tried to ask what it was but they wouldn’t say.

So that also happened to me and I walked down to the admissions office and they said they will be sending out an email sometime today. I tried to ask what it was but they wouldn’t say.
Sounds like an interview/decision/rejection email! Lol I appreciate your ability to walk straight to their admissions office and ask, thank you 😁

I interviewed last week and I lost any updates on my portal a few days ago

Hi guys! I am a current first year at MSU. I am happy to answer any questions you guys might have about the school! Last year we heard around Feb. 7 but the interviews are running later this year. Congrats to everyone that has already heard and fingers crossed for those still waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys! I am a current first year at MSU. I am happy to answer any questions you guys might have about the school! Last year we heard around Feb. 7 but the interviews are running later this year. Congrats to everyone that has already heard and fingers crossed for those still waiting!
Thank you!! I was wondering if the first two years are mostly just learning from lectures in the classroom or if there are any labs or different teaching methods? If it’s entirely didactic or if there are any clinical skills taught in the first 2 years?

Thank you!! I was wondering if the first two years are mostly just learning from lectures in the classroom or if there are any labs or different teaching methods? If it’s entirely didactic or if there are any clinical skills taught in the first 2 years?

Great question! We have tons of labs the first 2 years. I am currently in Anatomy II lab, parasitology lab, and pathology lab. Last semester I had Anatomy I lab and Infectious Agents I lab. The anatomy classes are 90% lab and 10% lecture. I feel as if there’s a great balance between classroom and getting hands on activity. MSU also has fantastic clubs that are active. I’m an equine person and this past semester I got to get hands on experience on how to put in a catheter in a dog, which was fantastic because I honestly had never done one in a small animal before.

Second year is jam packed with hands on experience. In fact, we start surgery well before any other school! I will do my first surgery (spay or neuter) in August or September. Theriogenology and Food animal also have labs that accompany the classes. I’ve attached a link to the site that lists out our curriculum.

Personally, 2 + 2 program is the reason that I came to MSU. The extra time in clinics is so important. There is actually a 4th year who has done 500 surgeries (on the shelter med rotation so the majority is spay/neuters) just in her time at vet school which is just unreal to me.

• Love
For people who already did the interview, do you mind sharing what type of questions were asked/your general feelings about the interview? Mine is 2/2 but I'm soooo nervous. 🥺🥺

For people who already did the interview, do you mind sharing what type of questions were asked/your general feelings about the interview? Mine is 2/2 but I'm soooo nervous. 🥺🥺
It was really just questions to try to get to know you, nothing tricky at all. Be prepared to answer questions about times you’ve faced a difficult situation and stuff like that. it was really just a conversation and i really enjoyed it, left with the biggest smile on my face

It was really just questions to try to get to know you, nothing tricky at all. Be prepared to answer questions about times you’ve faced a difficult situation and stuff like that. it was really just a conversation and i really enjoyed it, left with the biggest smile on my face
Thank you so much!!

For those who received a interview invite, would you mind sharing your GPA?

For those who received a interview invite, would you mind sharing your GPA?
I don't recall the exact number, but my cumulative gpa according to VMCAS was around. 3.02-3.04 prior to fall grades. My science GPA was I think a 3.4 - 3.6 according to VMCAS. Last 45 was a 3.6 - 3.8.