Mississippi State University class of 2018 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received an interview at MSU on Feb 3rd. But does anyone know if a Skype interview is an option?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just found this page/became a SDN member! I'm glad I did, though. Congratulations on everyone who got an interview! I also will be interviewing on 2/4. Is anyone else applying for the PhD-DVM program?

Reactions: 1 users
There are 2 weeks of interviews, 3 days each (MTuW)
why is everyone else interview in February? :thinking:

Yup, there are 6 interview days spread over two weeks. the first Monday is for in-state, the first Tuesday is for contract seats and the remaining 4 days are for out-of-state, which is usually ordered alphabetically.

We just got emails to sign up to be interview mentors, so should be getting our assignments within the next week or so. Once we do, you should receive e-mails from your mentors (should)...

Reactions: 1 user
Yup, there are 6 interview days spread over two weeks. the first Monday is for in-state, the first Tuesday is for contract seats and the remaining 4 days are for out-of-state, which is usually ordered alphabetically.

We just got emails to sign up to be interview mentors, so should be getting our assignments within the next week or so. Once we do, you should receive e-mails from your mentors (should)...
Nice to see you on SDN again!!! :p Actually, the contract interviews are on different days this year....SC is on the first interview date, Mississippi residents the second, and WV residents aren't until the second week of interviews. OOS interviews are the remaining days with some also on the same day as the contract interviews. I am currently signed up to be a mentor for most of the days, so some of you may be seeing me around. :) We are given 5 days to sign up, so don't expect to hear from us for another week or so!

SC res with an interview on the 27th - really excited, and really nervous!

Reactions: 1 users
We got our mentee assignments today, so you all should be hearing from us very soon!

Is this most people's first time applying? I'm just curious how many people are having to reapply.

I am also... SC student and interviewing next Monday for the second (and hopefully last) time.
It took me two tries to get in, so I hope this second time works in your favor!
Mine emailed me last night, TR
That's good! They just sent out an updated list, so some of the mentor/mentee pairings may change.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, if you have not heard anything from MSU regarding your application (like neither an interview invite or a rejection), you should contact the school.

Good luck to everyone interviewing this week and next! The light is at the end of the tunnel, we're almost there! My interview was easy-peasy, so I hope everybody has found theirs' to be agreeable too!

Does anyone know when they might send out emails/letters? I know it will be a while, but I just realized that none of us asked in my info session! Any ideas?? Love the school!

From the first-year students I talked to while I was there, I think they will probably start making calls next week. The interviews are done on Wednesday (the 5th of February) and they have to finalize their list and get it approved by the dean, so hopefully we'll get phone calls starting next Thursday or Friday. Last year, I got my rejection letter by the 21st of February, so that will probably be about the same this year I would think. It is a great school :), good luck!

Yes, they make phone calls to everyone accepted. I can't remember when exactly I got mine last year, but it was earlier than I was expecting. I'd say you'll probably hear back within 2 weeks of the last interviews, maybe earlier. It takes a few days to accept everyone by phone call, and they usually go in a certain order (ex: contract typically hear before out-of-state). I can ask at the next pizza party tomorrow and get back to you.

When I was in my info session, Missy said we'll hear back for sure by the "end of February". She said she hopes it'll be sooner (within a week after the conclusion of interviews) but that she says the end of Feb in order to account for any unexpected delays. Everyone will get a letter/email either way, but acceptances will get a call too.

At what point did those of you who interviewed already receive your interview times? I'm making the seven hour trip today and looking forward to seeing the campus and meeting the faculty and students!

They have the list on the glass of the admissions office, which is on the left when you walk in. You will also receive a folder before orientation that has the time on the front. Enjoy the campus and good luck on your interview.

At what point did those of you who interviewed already receive your interview times? I'm making the seven hour trip today and looking forward to seeing the campus and meeting the faculty and students!
I received my time in an email about 5 days before the interview, but it's also on the glass office window when you walk into the CVM.

Someone said that last year we heard back within a week after interviews (I had forgotten), but I think that was earlier than past years. You should hear back by mid-February as long as their aren't any delays. Give it a few days for everyone to hear about acceptances because Missy makes phone calls first and then the emails go out. I have been mentoring for interviews, and some of my mentees did not know their interview time until they saw it posted outside the admissions office. I guess some of you were told by email? They may not have had the interview times ready to email out for some of you. I'll be at the pizza party tonight. :)

Someone said that last year we heard back within a week after interviews (I had forgotten), but I think that was earlier than past years. You should hear back by mid-February as long as their aren't any delays. Give it a few days for everyone to hear about acceptances because Missy makes phone calls first and then the emails go out. I have been mentoring for interviews, and some of my mentees did not know their interview time until they saw it posted outside the admissions office. I guess some of you were told by email? They may not have had the interview times ready to email out for some of you. I'll be at the pizza party tonight. :)
I didn't receive mine by email, not sure if others did or not though.

I didn't receive mine by email, not sure if others did or not though.
Some people may have asked what their interview time was via email instead of waiting until the day of their interview to find out. Some people needed that information to plan transportation.

And now... we wait... again.

I received my acceptance phone call from Missy on Wednesday afternoon (my interview was last Tuesday, January 29th). I was an instate applicant, so I am assuming the out of state applicants will here back soon. Good luck guys!!!

So I just got an email from Missy and nearly pooped my pants. It was just a "thank you for interviewing" email :p

I received my acceptance phone call from Missy on Wednesday afternoon (my interview was last Tuesday, January 29th). I was an instate applicant, so I am assuming the out of state applicants will here back soon. Good luck guys!!!
Congratulations! That is so exciting!
Anyone else who interviewed that week get a phone call yet?

I also received a phone call acceptance on Wednesday. I'm an IS and interviewed on the 28th. I really didn't expect to hear back this soon, but I'm very excited to get started in June.

When did IS interview? Just trying to get an idea of when OOS might get phone calls. Not getting my hopes up since there were so many!

When did IS interview? Just trying to get an idea of when OOS might get phone calls. Not getting my hopes up since there were so many!
We didn't have school today, and it looks like the university won't be opening again until tomorrow evening (after normal business hours) because of icy conditions. With that being said, there's a chance that notifications would be delayed for this reason. IS applicants interviewed on the second interview date (of 6 total days) if I remember correctly.

Accepted this evening as a WV contract student!!!!!!!! Missy said she's only calling the contract students today and will call the other WV students tomorrow.

Accepted this evening as a WV contract student!!!!!!!! Missy said she's only calling the contract students today and will call the other WV students tomorrow.
Congrats! That means two of my mentees were accepted so far! :D I was wondering if they would make any calls with the university being closed. Oh wait...it looks like your calls were all made after 5pm if I'm correct. That's when the university officially reopened.

Last edited:
I wonder who all has gotten accepted as contract so far?

If anyone talks to Missy, it would be very kind of you if you could get her to divulge the info of when she will be done making calls or when/if rejection letters are sent. Congrats to the people who have gotten calls so far, hopefully they're not done yet! :)

If anyone talks to Missy, it would be very kind of you if you could get her to divulge the info of when she will be done making calls or when/if rejection letters are sent. Congrats to the people who have gotten calls so far, hopefully they're not done yet! :)
It takes a few days to make phone calls. After all the calls are made, then emails usually go out. Everyone should get an email at the very least. Just be patient.

Just got the email a few minutes ago....wait listed as OOS. :nailbiting:

That can't bode to well for the rest of us:-\

I've been waitlisted too. I'm OOS. :shrug: Congrats to those who have been accepted right off the bat! :)

I GOT THE CALL!!! SC CONTRACT SEAT! WOOP WOOP!

Congratulations!! I got the call, too! Literally 5 minutes before my exam! So excited!!!!!

Yeah, I'm OOS and got a call yesterday! I was beyond shocked

Congratulations! That's great news.

So, I am guessing nothing today? Crossing my fingers and hoping for some sort of good news tomorrow.