Mizzou applicants c/o 2015?!?!

Started by krist
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not to terrify anyone by bumping this...

... but any word on when we're getting decisions? :O
 
As early as Feb 1st, as long as all the interviewees have all their GRE scores/transcripts sent in. If not, it will take as long as it does to get EVERYONE who interviewed to get their stuff to be received by the school to hear back a response... That's what Kathy told us on the interview date.
 
Last year I interviewed on the last OOS date (1/17). They indicated that Feb. 1st would be the earliest day of notification, but then we got an email three days after that saying they had just mailed the decisions. When all was said and done, I got my acceptance on Monday, Feb. 8. I remember clinging to Feb. 1 and being really disappointed and distracted for the entire next week, so my advice (for all schools) is to take their notification dates as loose guidelines and expect to actually get results a week+ after the earliest promised date . . .
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@zuma

Yeah, Kathy said the same thing to us, but I was wondering if anyone had hassled them about it. Get your transcripts in, kids!

@moosenanny

Thanks for the info! I was wondering if we were emailed or mailed... :O Glad I don't have to beat my roommates away from the mailbox with a stick.
 
Thanks for the info! I was wondering if we were emailed or mailed... :O Glad I don't have to beat my roommates away from the mailbox with a stick.

But you will when the acceptance letter arrives in the mailbox! Getting that e-mail about sent letters just raises the blood pressure whenever mail time comes around.
 
So, if we haven't heard yea or nay, it's safe to assume we're in "the box" of waitlisters?

anxiety...
 
They haven't notified anyone about statuses yet.


Oh woops,
I meant for those of us who didn't get interviews/have heard nothing at all since hitting 'submit' --> P(rejection) = .99 by now.

I got a little confused in the discussion about waitlisting above.

...brain...not...working
 
Oh woops,
I meant for those of us who didn't get interviews/have heard nothing at all since hitting 'submit' --> P(rejection) = .99 by now.

I got a little confused in the discussion about waitlisting above.

...brain...not...working

OH. Yeah. They sent out rejections in early Jan, but someone said they had a "holding pen" for a few applicants. Maybe give a call and ask what your status is?
 
The wait... is... killing... me. Mizzou, I want to go to you! Accept me!

*gurgley sounds*
 
Not to make ya'll feel worse, but my letter got lost in the mail and I had to wait an extra week. ...it sucked, not gonna lie. But as far as I know, I'm the only person that happened to in my class, so don't worry! 🙂 Enjoy the waiting game and your time off because once you're here, you're going to regret ever going back to school. 😉
 
Well they extended the deadline until Friday because of the blizzard/ snowpocalypse/whatever-you-want-to-call-it. So I'm guessing (hoping) that means they will start sending out letters shortly afterwards.

Fingers crossed 🙂
 
Not to make ya'll feel worse, but my letter got lost in the mail and I had to wait an extra week. ...it sucked, not gonna lie. But as far as I know, I'm the only person that happened to in my class, so don't worry! 🙂 Enjoy the waiting game and your time off because once you're here, you're going to regret ever going back to school. 😉

Noooo, such horrible things you say! *wails*
 
(I feel like I am posting to myself in this thread, considering how many times I've bumped it 😛 )

Letters are being sent Monday or Tuesday! Decisions are made! I am going to have to drink excessively this weekend to handle the stress!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
(I feel like I am posting to myself in this thread, considering how many times I've bumped it 😛 )

Letters are being sent Monday or Tuesday! Decisions are made! I am going to have to drink excessively this weekend to handle the stress!

I wish you the best!!🙂
 
Breenie - you are not talking to yourself. this is the absolute worst. i want to know whats going on but I am scared kathy will make sure i am rejected if i continue to stalk the admissions office as much as i do. i have considered disguising my voice or getting other people to call for me.

is it true? decisions have definitely been made??
 
Good luck all you OOSers...I'm IS and waiting not so patiently for our turn 🙂 How did interviews and everything go?? Any weird/hard/unexpected questions come up?
 
Good luck all you OOSers...I'm IS and waiting not so patiently for our turn 🙂 How did interviews and everything go?? Any weird/hard/unexpected questions come up?

I actually think my interview went really well! The questions I got were pretty standard, mostly consisting of questions about my undergrad/animal/veterinary experience, my professional goals, etc. Although I will say that the opening question totally caught me off guard. I did a rabies epidemiology project in undergrad, and one of my interviewers asked me if I knew why rabies was called "hydrophobia." I hazarded a guess, saying something about foaming at the mouth (lol, what was I thinking?) and of course it was wrong. Apparently it's called that because humans infected with rabies virus would get swollen tonsils and not want to drink water, hence being "scared" of water. Totally threw me for a loop. That was the only "awkward" question, though. I did get to spend a while talking about my major (linguistics) and why I chose it, what it's all about. They also asked me how I thought my lack of large animal experience would affect me. When they asked me that, though, I wasn't nervous, because moments before, I had been speaking with one of the student ambassadors who told me how he got in without having any LA experience. So I just truthfully answered how I'm still looking for LA experience and that I think I will really enjoy it when I'm in school.

Overall, my interviewers did a great job at making me feel comfortable, and I think I did a good job at keeping calm! I came out of my interview feeling pretty happy and confident. I guess we'll see how well it really went when I get that letter in a few days, though.
 
I felt good about my interview until my Purdue one... which went perfectly. I couldn't have asked for it to go better, so in comparison, Mizzou felt like a trainwreck. :laugh: Fingers crossed, though.

No tricky questions. Though, if you're in 4H, maybe brush up on the oath...
 
are we supposed to get an email saying that letters have been sent? I know they were supposed to be sent by today at the latest but of course I'm nervous after everything that happened/ didn't happen in the admissions office last week. Does anybody have any good info?

Freaking out.
 
i tried stalking and calling the admissions office to see if letters have been sent yet. aannnnd im getting no answer. im really having issues waiting here. its terrible 🙁
 
Good luck everyone!

Not to scare anyone who is in state, but I talked to a fellow applicant who talked to Kathy and I guess there were 37 prevet/ag scholars this year. Take it with a grain of salt because I didn't talk to admissions directly, but if it's true....argh!
 
Good luck everyone!

Not to scare anyone who is in state, but I talked to a fellow applicant who talked to Kathy and I guess there were 37 prevet/ag scholars this year. Take it with a grain of salt because I didn't talk to admissions directly, but if it's true....argh!

Are those kids who are fast-tracked in, or how does that work? :O

I'm pretty sure there are only 60 instate seats, and if that's how that works, that's terrifying! Fingers crossed for ISers, too!
 
Are those kids who are fast-tracked in, or how does that work? :O

I'm pretty sure there are only 60 instate seats, and if that's how that works, that's terrifying! Fingers crossed for ISers, too!

They go to mizzou for undergrad and sign up for the program. Ag scholars major in animal science, prevet scholars major in anything. If they maintain a 3.3 gpa, do all of the stuff required by the program, and apply with a letter from their advisor, they get in.

Yep, so if that number is true, we are competing for a lot fewer seats this year.

ETA: Thank you!!
 
They go to mizzou for undergrad and sign up for the program. Ag scholars major in animal science, prevet scholars major in anything. If they maintain a 3.3 gpa, do all of the stuff required by the program, and apply with a letter from their advisor, they get in.

Yep, so if that number is true, we are competing for a lot fewer seats this year.

ETA: Thank you!!

Ouch, that's rough for those of you applying in state. My IS (Wisco) is starting out a similar program (but aimed at Food Animal-focused people), but I think they accept <5 people for it each year, and the program is new enough that I don't think anyone has matriculated to vet school yet. We have 60 seats for IS students, I can't imagine that being narrowed to 23!
 
Good luck everyone!

Not to scare anyone who is in state, but I talked to a fellow applicant who talked to Kathy and I guess there were 37 prevet/ag scholars this year. Take it with a grain of salt because I didn't talk to admissions directly, but if it's true....argh!

37 prevet/ag scholars?!?!? Do they have to let them all in??? That really sucks for us a lot...they should put a limit on how many they take into that program!!
 
37 prevet/ag scholars?!?!? Do they have to let them all in??? That really sucks for us a lot...they should put a limit on how many they take into that program!!

I know they still have to go through interviews and stuff, so I'm betting if it was just terrible, they wouldn't accept them, but I'm assuming if they have everything the program requires and don't blow the interview, they're in. I haven't seen anything about capping the number. I know the number varies from year to year and they did expect 20 or more again this year to get in.

ETA: Sorry for the weird wording... I'm frustrated with a lot of things and can't seem to get my mind off of any of them, especially this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know they still have to go through interviews and stuff, so I'm betting if it was just terrible, they wouldn't accept them, but I'm assuming if they have everything the program requires and don't blow the interview, they're in. I haven't seen anything about capping the number. I know the number varies from year to year and they did expect 20 or more again this year to get in.

ETA: Sorry for the weird wording... I'm frustrated with a lot of things and can't seem to get my mind off of any of them, especially this.

Hey all, fellow in-stater here. Wow, sorry about my wording as well but this makes me SO FRUSTRATED! As a 2nd time applicant, I feel like I just received my rejection letter all over again🙁. So we are left to compete for 23 spots?? Ugh, in a way, I almost feel cheated.

If this is true, then I guess it is what it is... In-staters, lets keep our heads high and rock our interviews. Good luck, too, to all the oos folks who will be receiving their letters soon :xf:
 
good luck everyone!

Not to scare anyone who is in state, but i talked to a fellow applicant who talked to kathy and i guess there were 37 prevet/ag scholars this year. Take it with a grain of salt because i didn't talk to admissions directly, but if it's true....argh!


ouch 🙁
 
Wasn't that last year that this happened? Maybe I'll call and ask later, but I remember last year a larger than usual number of them were admitted.
 
Wasn't that last year that this happened? Maybe I'll call and ask later, but I remember last year a larger than usual number of them were admitted.

20 were admitted last year, which Kathy said was larger than normal at the open house last year. I don't know how many applied, but it would be really crappy of the vet school to cap the number of pre-vet/ag scholars they accept since part of the deal is that you'll get into vet school if you do everything, you know?

I'm really hoping that I heard misinformation, but this girl didn't even know I applied this year until after she told me that, so I don't think she was trying to freak me out :laugh:.

Oh well, I'm excited that we IS folks are going to have our turn soon!
 
20 were admitted last year, which Kathy said was larger than normal at the open house last year. I don't know how many applied, but it would be really crappy of the vet school to cap the number of pre-vet/ag scholars they accept since part of the deal is that you'll get into vet school if you do everything, you know?

I'm really hoping that I heard misinformation, but this girl didn't even know I applied this year until after she told me that, so I don't think she was trying to freak me out :laugh:.

Oh well, I'm excited that we IS folks are going to have our turn soon!


I don't think they should cap the number of prevet/ag scholars admitted into the vet school, but i think they should cap the number of prevet/ag scholars they let in to begin with so that way they can't take up as many spots and the ones who dont get in to be an ag scholar/prevet as a freshman can apply with the rest of us! but yeah that is really frustrating for sure!

Mohorse girl, if you call and find out anything let us know! 🙄
 
I don't think they should cap the number of prevet/ag scholars admitted into the vet school, but i think they should cap the number of prevet/ag scholars they let in to begin with so that way they can't take up as many spots and the ones who dont get in to be an ag scholar/prevet as a freshman can apply with the rest of us! but yeah that is really frustrating for sure!

Mohorse girl, if you call and find out anything let us know! 🙄

Oh, sorry, I totally misread that. Yeah, it's something I'd like them to consider.
 
Lol like I said, take it with a grain of salt. We'll find out soon I guess.
 
You all (IS) are going to love this news:

I just called Kathy and found out that 20 applied but they are down to only 14!:clap: I'm sorry I spread misinformation, but that seems so great now in comparison, right? 😳
 
Ha yes I emailed her last night, and its even better because one of the 14 is out of state, so really only 13! So we have 47 spots yay! I am soo relieved I was starting to get prettty worried...
 
Arabianrider apparently got her letter!

I may run people over once I get out of this physics discussion and can go camp outside next to my mailbox.

Ohhhhmyggoddd.
 
Arabianrider apparently got her letter!

I may run people over once I get out of this physics discussion and can go camp outside next to my mailbox.

Ohhhhmyggoddd.

I did get my acceptance packet yesterday! I am so excited, MU was my first choice! But I live in Kansas, so take that into account when figuring out how long it will take to get to you.

Oh, and please don't run anyone over on my account. lol. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! :xf:
 
I did get my acceptance packet yesterday! I am so excited, MU was my first choice! But I live in Kansas, so take that into account when figuring out how long it will take to get to you.

Oh, and please don't run anyone over on my account. lol. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! :xf:

I'm in Wisconsin, which is two states away. 🙂 I'll try not to stampede anybody, but Mizzou is also my first choice!
 
I did get my acceptance packet yesterday! I am so excited, MU was my first choice! But I live in Kansas, so take that into account when figuring out how long it will take to get to you.

Oh, and please don't run anyone over on my account. lol. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! :xf:

Yay! Congrats!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You all (IS) are going to love this news:

I just called Kathy and found out that 20 applied but they are down to only 14!:clap: I'm sorry I spread misinformation, but that seems so great now in comparison, right? 😳


Halle frickin lujah!!!!!!!!
 
Breenie--I saw your post on the acceptance thread--congratulations! And other fellow Mizzou acceptees!

I know it is going to tough and a lot of work, but I can't wait to start! I don't konw about everyone else!
 
Whoo got my interview invite today!! Anyone else IS get theirs?
 
I got my acceptance packet today! And I live in Texas, just for reference. Good luck on your interviews IS peeps, and congrats to all of the OOS who got their acceptances!