Mizzou applicants c/o 2015?!?!

Started by krist
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a test on Friday that I'm already done studying for. Now I get to just sit and wait. ::twiddles thumbs:: Anyone else having a terribly slow week??

Gah.... NO. I have a group presentation tomorrow (not prepared for, btw), three papers due tomorrow (two down, one to go), two take-home exams (the teachers thought that would be easier on us than in-class exams this week... NOT. They are DANG HARD.), and one regular exam on Friday. Today I had to turn in my laboratory notebook and had a lab exam.

I have TOO MUCH to keep me busy. Plus SDN, of course :laugh:
 
Gah.... NO. I have a group presentation tomorrow (not prepared for, btw), three papers due tomorrow (two down, one to go), two take-home exams (the teachers thought that would be easier on us than in-class exams this week... NOT. They are DANG HARD.), and one regular exam on Friday. Today I had to turn in my laboratory notebook and had a lab exam.

I have TOO MUCH to keep me busy. Plus SDN, of course :laugh:

Hopefully that all goes well! 👍 I guess technically I could work on a paper for another class, but I will be waiting until spring break for that so I can get it knocked out in a day without interruption.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want y'all to get your letters so we can all do more happy posting and get to bonding and whatever we're supposed to do! Also I want you guys to join the facebook group. There's only like 6 of us in it.
 
Today??? Today??? They mail them today??? Someone should get brave and call Kathy and ask when they mailed/will mail them...lol. Not it!

I just want to hold the envelope in my hands-- then I chicken out and can't open it for like, three minutes.

Does anyone know if they do the big packet=acceptance, little envelope= rejection??
 
Well, if they said "by the end of the week", they may already be on their way. Also, I checked last year's thread, and saw that someone in-state got a letter on the 23rd (which was a Tuesday last year), so that is making it even harder for me not to fantasize about what could be in my mailbox today...
 
When I had my interview (March 14th) I was told they were hoping to get them out Wednesday of next week. So, not that I'm brave enough to call and check up on this or anything, but if things went as planned our letters should be in the mail right...now. And this week is going by very, very slowly. This semester in general has seemed to fly by so far, but ever since my interview its been in slow motion.
 
Today??? Today??? They mail them today??? Someone should get brave and call Kathy and ask when they mailed/will mail them...lol. Not it!

I just want to hold the envelope in my hands-- then I chicken out and can't open it for like, three minutes.

Does anyone know if they do the big packet=acceptance, little envelope= rejection??


My out-of-state acceptance was in a big brown envelope, if that helps 🙂
 
Ditto!

So funny story... Yesterday, while in Columbia (I drove 2 pre-meds from my school to talk to my SO and some other M1s), I got sick, as in my gut was wrenching and I was sweating like I'd just run a 5k, for literally an hour. I got better, we drove back to where we're from, and my car broke down couple of miles from my house. I got it towed to a garage that's 2 blocks from my house, but it took nearly 45 minutes for the tow truck to get there.

Anyway, while waiting, I called my mom with a very upset tone in my voice because of all that had happened in a span of 3 hours. After I told her it was my car, she told me that her heart had sunk thinking that I'd gotten bad news in the mail and that she was "happy it's just my car". :laugh: I really do love my mom sometimes. She went on to say that if it can straight-up be fixed with money, it's probably not a big issue anyway, which made me feel a lot better.

Heeere's hoping we get some good news today!!
 
I am VERY pre-vet, still attending my local community college, but I am already preparing and stressing and just wanted to wish you all good luck!

:luck:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fiddlesticks. None here either. I called my mom and started to be all chatty, and she said "No, there was nothing in the mail for you. I promise, I'LL CALL YOU if anything arrives."

Hahaha. But tomorrow is the beginning of my spring break, so I plan to camp out near the mailbox on my own.
 
Hahaha. But tomorrow is the beginning of my spring break, so I plan to camp out near the mailbox on my own.

Yeah, that's me too. Especially since my car is in the shop and my roommates both do research on campus, I will be pretty bored this-coming week...
 
No luck for me this year 🙁 Good to the rest of you all and hopefully I will be joining you next year!!!
 
Sorry to hear that, Krist :-/

No news here... Hopefully tomorrow.
 
Alternate... again... Oh well, taking it as a rejection since I know the in-state waitlist rarely moves. I am very thankful and lucky to have a back-up school and will be accepting a spot there. Best of luck to those still waiting!!! And Krist, do NOT give up! I know that feeling! Next year will be your year🙂!!
 
Fiddlesticks!!! That's no bueno... Hugs to Krist and Fetch. Good for you, Fetch, on having another school. And Krist, don't give up!

No news for me yet... I'm hoping and praying that it comes tomorrow... because I'm not sure I will make it until Monday!
 
Do they send out rejections/alternates/acceptances in one big batch for IS?

I'm also wondering about this. I was under the impression they'd all be sent out at once but considering I haven't gotten anything yet I'm beginning to wonder...
 
Big brown packet in the mail today! I got in!

Congratulations!

I guess this means all the letters have been sent out, mine seems to be traveling a bit slow though. Figures..ugh I'm getting so impatient. Anyone else going to have to wait until Monday too?
 
I got in!!

Sorry for the bad news Mohorsegirl, but chin up! You're still going to vet school! Plus, you get to try out living in California (which I've personally always wanted to do. I've never even visited that state though lol).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got in!!

Sorry for the bad news Mohorsegirl, but chin up! You're still going to vet school! Plus, you get to try out living in California (which I've personally always wanted to do. I've never even visited that state though lol).


Sorry. I just don't get Mizzou. I was waitlist #3 first time, and the other two times my app has just gotten better and better... This time I thought my interview was amazing. Oh well. WesternU doesn't do terminal surgeries on healthy animals! Yay!
 
Sorry. I just don't get Mizzou. I was waitlist #3 first time, and the other two times my app has just gotten better and better... This time I thought my interview was amazing. Oh well. WesternU doesn't do terminal surgeries on healthy animals! Yay!

Thats terrible Mohorsegirl 🙁...and intimidating for me considering its only my first time applying. eek. Congratulations on western though, i loved their program so much when i went for the interview, i ended up getting waitlisted though unfortunately.

I swear I must be the last person to find out if I'm in or not. No one else is suffering like I am? I haven't been able to accomplish anything all weekend. I suppose this is what I get for living on the east coast.
 
No one from my school has gotten there letter (around 7 people) and we live in south missouri.

Oh no, thats not good. I was assuming distance was the only thing keeping a decision from reaching me. Someone please tell me they didn't send out batches of letters at different times? I don't want to wait anymore 🙁
 
I think that no news is good news-- at least that is how I looked at it! Tomorrow is YOUR day!

Be sure to join the FB group ASAYK (as soon as you know!). I want to get to know my new friends 🙂
 
I think that no news is good news-- at least that is how I looked at it! Tomorrow is YOUR day!

Be sure to join the FB group ASAYK (as soon as you know!). I want to get to know my new friends 🙂

I've been trying to match the real faces with SDN identities. 😉 I think I have most of y'all figured out.
 
HEY scb44f! I was posting on the successful applicants thread and saw that you shadowed an avian vet... so did I... and I wondered if it was the same one? Dr. K? Maybe?
 
Goatherdess14, the avian vet I shadowed was a Dr. B, so not the same person. I'm not sure about you, but I thought birds were so cool to work with just because I had zero experience with them when I started shadowing! Oh, and were you added to the FB group yesterday, too? I'm the one with the nickname...

Breenie, I think I might be able to figure a few people out, but it might take me a while to really associate names with SDN handles 😳.
 
Breenie, I think I might be able to figure a few people out, but it might take me a while to really associate names with SDN handles 😳.

My profile picture and avatar here are kinda obvious clues for who I am. Ahahaha. Woops.
 
Oh well, not the same guy. I decided to shadow because I love birds ( I have three parrots) and had practically no vet experience with exotics. Dr. K is pretty well known in the avian community. He has a practice in St. Louis and also works with small mammals. I learned a TON there. It was a good time 🙂

I was added yesterday... my profile pic looks suspiciously like a vehicle's emblem... but it's not. Read closely, it's my name. 😀

So now I've figured out two people... scb44f and Breenie. I also invited two other people (friends of a friend) to join. I hope other people (not just SDN'ers) join! I'd love to know people before starting.
 
Oh well, not the same guy. I decided to shadow because I love birds ( I have three parrots) and had practically no vet experience with exotics. Dr. K is pretty well known in the avian community. He has a practice in St. Louis and also works with small mammals. I learned a TON there. It was a good time 🙂

I was added yesterday... my profile pic looks suspiciously like a vehicle's emblem... but it's not. Read closely, it's my name. 😀

So now I've figured out two people... scb44f and Breenie. I also invited two other people (friends of a friend) to join. I hope other people (not just SDN'ers) join! I'd love to know people before starting.

Ooh okay, my avian vet is in KC. She had a good time teaching me from scratch 😛

I hope more people join too. I only know one other person who applied, but I'm not sure if I want to outright ask her if she got in, or wait for her to tell me the news.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, not that I can join or anything 🙁, but i think the reason not many people are in the fb group is because no one can find it. I was being a creeper in hopes i might get to join soon and tried to search for it but couldn't find it, and i know someone else couldn't find it earlier too. I mean when i used the link someone posted earlier it showed up, but for some reason when i searched for it nothing pops up. Maybe its just me, but i have a suspicion the privacy settings might be set so they're preventing some people from seeing it. Just a suspicion though, maybe my facebook is being silly.
 
Well, not that I can join or anything 🙁, but i think the reason not many people are in the fb group is because no one can find it. I was being a creeper in hopes i might get to join soon and tried to search for it but couldn't find it, and i know someone else couldn't find it earlier too. I mean when i used the link someone posted earlier it showed up, but for some reason when i searched for it nothing pops up. Maybe its just me, but i have a suspicion the privacy settings might be set so they're preventing some people from seeing it. Just a suspicion though, maybe my facebook is being silly.

I think so too. It's set as a closed group and you have to ask to join which makes it harder to search for. Last year our group was public/open to anyone to join and it filled up pretty fast. A lot of second years joined as well to offer advice on the page so maybe just try changing the settings (more people on facebook than SDN). Here's our group from last year:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=387540691342
 
I had the group as open/public originally but changed it to closed so people could discuss housing and such without everyone being able to see it. I didn't realize that it would make the group more difficult to search for. If you guys type in MU CVM class of 2015, does it not show up? I will change it back to open and see if that helps! It is my understanding that someone still has to approve who can join the group, but the group wall will be seen by everyone.

Don't worry about creeping, everyone feel free to friend me. scb44f is right, we will be classmates afterall. 🙂
 
Weird, I still can't get it to pop up. I tried searching for MU CVM class of 2015 and various other things like MU CVM or MU 2015 or CVM 2015, nothing seems to work. I wonder if there's some kind of search setting that isn't open to everyone? I don't know, once again maybe its just my facebook being silly. Anyone else still having issues finding it without the link who isn't part of the group already?
 
Weird, I still can't get it to pop up. I tried searching for MU CVM class of 2015 and various other things like MU CVM or MU 2015 or CVM 2015, nothing seems to work. I wonder if there's some kind of search setting that isn't open to everyone? I don't know, once again maybe its just my facebook being silly. Anyone else still having issues finding it without the link who isn't part of the group already?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_132470260159242