Mizzou applicants c/o 2015?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Breenie--I saw your post on the acceptance thread--congratulations! And other fellow Mizzou acceptees!

I know it is going to tough and a lot of work, but I can't wait to start! I don't konw about everyone else!

Thanks!! I'm so excited, too. I know everyone says its painful, but whateva! I'm 95% sure I'm going to Mizzou and I am PUMPED!

Yay Breenie!!!!!!!

Thanks Mohorsegal! Looking forward to hearing the good news from you ISers!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats Breenie!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone with acceptances! Hope to see you here next year!

Good luck to all the IS people as well. This was the hardest part of the wait for me last year with all the OOS people posting!

I just got my acceptance letter in the mail today!!! :soexcited: I'm almost positive I'll be accepting...

Has anyone started a facebook group yet??

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I just received my letter this morning... I'm about 90% sure I'm gonna go with Mizzou! Apparently I'll be the first Hawai'i person to attend since 1995. xD

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I just received my letter this morning... I'm about 90% sure I'm gonna go with Mizzou! Apparently I'll be the first Hawai'i person to attend since 1995. xD

Damn it! No one from Wisconsin came last year. I was hoping I'd be the unique and special one. ;) Are you ready for the SNOW!?

I just got my acceptance letter in the mail today!!! :soexcited: I'm almost positive I'll be accepting...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Woo Hoo!!! I'm not gonna lie, zuma... I've been stalking the Mizzou thread hoping to see you post here. Woo Hoo!!!! :D

I too got accepted and am 100% positive I am going to Mizzou. I think it is awesome they do 2 years of rotations, and everyone there seemed so nice . I am sold, and I can not wait to start. Congrats to everyone else who got accepted.

Yay congrats to all OOS acceptancees! My IS interview is March 7 its getting close! And while I knew my academic score would be low, im pretty bummed at just how low it is! oh well I'll have to try to make up for it with experience, interview etc

Yay congrats to all OOS acceptancees! My IS interview is March 7 its getting close! And while I knew my academic score would be low, im pretty bummed at just how low it is! oh well I'll have to try to make up for it with experience, interview etc

They tell you that!?

Here I could have had something additional to stress out about and I didn't take full advantage of it!?

They tell you that!?

Here I could have had something additional to stress out about and I didn't take full advantage of it!?

Yeah, they send a sheet showing the numbers and calculations with the interview invite (at least for us IS students it sounds like).

I was a little shocked too, Krist, so you're not alone! Fortunately we can move on from the sitting and waiting and start practicing some interview answers ;)

My academic score last year was around 12 I think....very low! I still got in so you can too. I wish they hadn't sent me that b/c I had A LOT of trouble getting motivated for the interview when I felt like my odds were already worse than usual going in! Keep in mind that's just the raw numbers score though which isn't the whole picture and it's the only factor of the admission score that you can't do anything about so no reason to spend lots of time stressing over it. Good luck to those with upcoming interviews and congrats again to those accepted! You'll be starting here before you know it so enjoy your last few months of normalcy! ;)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
On the count of three lets all post our academic scores.

hey does anyone know if they do terminal surgeries at mizzou? I don't remember anyone mentioning it during the tour but I sort of got the feeling they did.

I know a lot of the students graduate with more surgery experience than most other schools I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure.

I just wrote my deposit check... just waiting to send it until I actually have the money in the bank :D

Last edited:
Ok Mohorsegirl, 1,2,3...16.6

ha so hopefully that will give you guys a boost of confidence cause it is low! Although hearing that someone got in with a 12 helps too!

Ok Mohorsegirl, 1,2,3...16.6

ha so hopefully that will give you guys a boost of confidence cause it is low! Although hearing that someone got in with a 12 helps too!

1, 2, 3.... 15.52 Damn! You win!

If you guys want for the ISers I can post all the stats of the average MO accepted student from last year.

I got rejected so I went up to the vet school and they gave me a paper with all the averages compared to what I had and they told me how far off I was from getting in and such.

But these averages are different from what they post on the website. The one on the website is ALL accepted students- OOS + IS

just let me know and I will post the stats : ) there is 17 categories and points given for each separate thing.

Yes please! :) Thanks!! You're applying again this year I assume? When is everyones IS interview...I heard they are alphabetical and mine isn't until March 7 (Last name R)...I wonder when they are starting?

If you guys want for the ISers I can post all the stats of the average MO accepted student from last year.

I got rejected so I went up to the vet school and they gave me a paper with all the averages compared to what I had and they told me how far off I was from getting in and such.

But these averages are different from what they post on the website. The one on the website is ALL accepted students- OOS + IS

just let me know and I will post the stats : ) there is 17 categories and points given for each separate thing.

That is soooo tempting! I don't want to sit here and compare myself on everything, but it'd be nice to have an idea...

When is everyones IS interview...I heard they are alphabetical and mine isn't until March 7 (Last name R)...I wonder when they are starting?

My last name starts with B and I'm interviewing this Wednesday. Anyone else on here wanna share their date?

Do all in-state applicants get an interview? I'm OOS and already sent my deposit and everything, but I'm curious as to how the IS process works. It seems like knowing your academic score would make things more nerve-wracking!! Are the IS interviews spread out over several weeks?

Good luck to everyone interviewing!! :)

As long as you have above a 3.0, a GRE above a 640 and 1.5 writing section, and 3 or more LORs submitted with 1 from a vet, you get an interview as an IS. The IS interviews are spread out, but I'm not sure how many they have per day or week.

Thanks! :)

As long as you have above a 3.0, a GRE above a 640 and 1.5 writing section, and 3 or more LORs submitted with 1 from a vet, you get an interview as an IS. The IS interviews are spread out, but I'm not sure how many they have per day or week.

Thanks! :)

A 640 cumulative?? Wow, it seems like the criteria for IS interviews is less selective. Do you know your non-academic score thus far before interviewing?

A 640 cumulative?? Wow, it seems like the criteria for IS interviews is less selective. Do you know your non-academic score thus far before interviewing?

Yep, 640 cumulative. It's nice for those who are not standardized test-takers. Non-academically, nope.

Yep, 640 cumulative. It's nice for those who are not standardized test-takers. Non-academically, nope.

My GRE score was horrible, so I definitely love that Mizzou didn't care so much about it haha. How soon after you interview will you find out the decision?

Oh and also I was a junior when I applied. During the interview they asked me a lot of questions about why I was applying so young. I don't think they really like juniors as much- they have a higher drop out rate. Also my GRE was very low and one of the questions that almost made me cry at my interview was "Well it looks like your grades are ok, why is your GRE so low" I really didn't have an answer and I think I looked really stupid. But mine was really really low. So if yours is super low then be prepared to explain why its so low. I thankfully was able to raise mine but it is still not that close to the average of 1113.

Glad I didn't hear that before I applied! I am a junior. :O That would have stressed me out. They didn't really mention it in my interview, other than clarifying that I wanted to matriculate before receiving my bachelor's.

My GRE score was horrible, so I definitely love that Mizzou didn't care so much about it haha. How soon after you interview will you find out the decision?

To be honest, I don't know... Anyone have an answer?

Also, thanks for posting that, vet med!

Yes, I feel like they do accept juniors, but maybe I just was not ready for vet school and they could really see it. After a year I feel like I have grown so much. I honestly did not feel like I was ready, I can't imagine what it would be like if I got in. I am kinda glad they rejected me and given me this year to really focus and grow up a little. I was sorta expecting to be rejected but I wanted to apply to see where I stood in comparison with other people.

Fingers crossed that they'll see how much you've grown and that we can all be classmates! :) :xf:

Hey vet med, would you mind posting the evaluation criteria for the academic score as well? I'm applying next cycle, but I'd like to get a heads up of where I stand :)

Do you mean like after I find out the averages from the class of 2015? The class of 2014 is up there tho. I wrote it before the nonacademics.

Oh whoops, thanks! I'm not too observant, apparently!

Ugh this wait for instate notifications is grueling. Good luck everyone on upcoming interviews. I still have a while for mine (end of the alphabet here). Vet Med we are interviewing on the same day :)

It's not alphabetical, my last name starts with S and my interview is Feb. 28

I do not understand the method then. Do MIZZOU students get first interview dates or something?

Hmm... I'm not at Mizzou, but I'm in the UM system. I'm not sure we should try to figure out the system, though. We all have interviews and we're all gonna rock :thumbup:

It's not alphabetical, my last name starts with S and my interview is Feb. 28

It wasn't alphabetical last year either. My last name is very close to the start of the alphabet and I interviewed on one of the last interview dates (if not the last...can't remember). Just for reference I interviewed on March 10th and received my acceptance packet on March 23rd.

Good luck again to everyone interviewing and wish any vet students you may see around your interview good luck too! Finals week starts today! ;)

I do not understand the method then. Do MIZZOU students get first interview dates or something?

I'm secretly answering that question to myself "They interview the ones they really like the week of Feb. 28, then they interview the rest"

:D

I'm secretly answering that question to myself "They interview the ones they really like the week of Feb. 28, then they interview the rest"

Lol if only....

Anyway, did anyone take (or is anyone planning on taking) family/loved ones on the tour? I feel like I've talked to Kathy a lot lately and don't want to bug her with another phone call. I'm interested in having my mom tag along so I can have someone to talk to about the facilities and stuff.

Lol if only....

Anyway, did anyone take (or is anyone planning on taking) family/loved ones on the tour? I feel like I've talked to Kathy a lot lately and don't want to bug her with another phone call. I'm interested in having my mom tag along so I can have someone to talk to about the facilities and stuff.

You can bring whoever you like. Doug or one of us (the student ambassadors) will lead the tour and you're welcome to bring family/friends/whoever. We do tours all the time for anyone that requests them. Out of state kids almost always bring parents along but a lot of in state people do as well. I would suggest sending Kathy an email requesting a tour date/rough time estimate so she can email all the ambassadors to see who is available before you get there.

You can bring whoever you like. Doug or one of us (the student ambassadors) will lead the tour and you're welcome to bring family/friends/whoever. We do tours all the time for anyone that requests them. Out of state kids almost always bring parents along but a lot of in state people do as well. I would suggest sending Kathy an email requesting a tour date/rough time estimate so she can email all the ambassadors to see who is available before you get there.

Okay, cool. I've already let her know I'm interested. I'll be there at 1 pm on Wednesday. I'm excited to see the facilities after all of the positive comments from interviewees last cycle!

Lol if only....

My mom came with me, and she and another applicant's mom had a huge mom-bonding-fest. They took photos of everything with their iphones, and made us uncomfortably stand in front of everything that said "vet school" or "Missouri" on it. :)