Mizzou C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I never received an email though... it looks like people on here have received an email letting them know they're waitlisted....

You didn’t get an email at all? Did you have an interview?

UPDATE FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T GOTTEN AN EMAIL:
Contact Kathy Seay, Admissions Mgr (she is a super nice woman!) at SeayK@ missouri.edu . There were problems with some of their emails where they didn't go through. I have been accepted OOS and I did NOT get the email yesterday!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Current students, any recommendations for places to live that students like?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Current students, any recommendations for places to live that students like?

Here's what I said to someone else on here looking for housing:

As soon as your FB group is up, I would look there first as there are tons of people looking for roommates and can tell you the best places available. Are you looking for a single apartment or roommates?

In general, I would avoid anything with the name "Tiger" in it, as it is targeted toward undergrad. If you want piece, quiet, and less crime, I would avoid the "center" of Columbia, which is anything inside the 740/stadium and I-70 bubble (it's a street and an interstate that makes a loop around como.) You can live outside the loop and still be at school within 10 min or so depending.

Some great apartments:
KPO
Katy place
Green Meadows
Anything really south of 740/stadium blvd is nice and super safe.

I live in a SUPER affordable apartment that is pet friendly. However, it is in the north side of town, which can be a little "rough," if you will. I've never had problems and don't mind where I live but I can see it being a turn off for people.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Reactions: 2 users
I got a letter today letting me know I have an in-state interview March 10th! I was pretty sure it was coming as the website says that instate residents will be offered interviews if they have above a 285 GRE and above a 3.00 GPA, I was just anxious as to when I would hear! Also interesting they sent out a breakdown of my academic score, with GPA last 45 GPA, GRE etc and put it into a point value of what I have for the academic score. I guess that's helpful and not nerve inducing...

Last edited:
I got a letter today letting me know I have an in-state interview March 10th! I was pretty sure it was coming as the website says that instate residents will be offered interviews if they have above a 285 GRE and above a 3.00 GPA, I was just anxious as to when I would hear! Also interesting they sent out a breakdown of my academic score, with GPA last 45 GPA, GRE etc and put it into a point value of what I have for the academic score. I guess that's helpful and not nerve inducing...
Yep every IS student gets a copy of their academic score. I can't find the link but when I was applying I believe (don't quote me though) that the average accepted academic score was 25? Keep in mind that is just an average and lots of people can get accepted with lower scores. Good luck on your interview!

I got a letter in the mail that my IS interview is March 10th. Do any other IS have a different interview day, or do they do them all that weekend?

Guys, I juat rejected my OOS acceptance so someone must be pulled from the waitlist!! Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted my offer at Mizzou! :) Will they send a confirmation once they get our deposits in the mail?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know how the budget cuts at Mizzou have affected or are affecting the veterinary school?
Also...
Current students, do you like the new Dean?

Anybody know how the budget cuts at Mizzou have affected or are affecting the veterinary school?
Also...
We have heard nothing about the cuts accepting the vet school so far.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEE our new dean. She's the one who fought to successfully keep the Therio department when the old one tried to cut it, and is an awesome person and rocking oncologist. I truly think she has great things in store for Mizzou.

Does anyone know what percentage of OOS freshman receive IS tuition the next year?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know what percentage of OOS freshman receive IS tuition the next year?

I dont know the % but it is very easy to get in-state tuition. I did it for my undergrad so as long as the requirements are the same you will have no problems. You have to stay in MO for a year (to prove this over the summer you need to make regular purchases every 2-3 days and give them copies of ur bank statements), work to make $2,000 (give them copies of ur payment stubs and work schedule), file taxes and do not get claimed by anyone, get an MO drivers license and I think thats all I might be missing some steps but they have all the information you need at Jessie Hall at the residency office. So you should only have to pay OOS your first year after that when u turn in all that information to the residency office you will then start paying IS. Hope this helps you out!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
100% usually. It's very easy and I've never heard of someone not making the requirements if they tried.

Got my confirmation email today. A seat is officially held for me. :)

Also...
My friend who is getting ready to graduate LOVES the dean and said he has not noticed any significant changes due to budget cuts. He said it had not really impacted the vet school from what he had experienced.

Does anyone know about how technologically savvy Mizzou is? At K State, everyone gets the same computer and everyone basically told me during the interview and tour that almost all notes, books, lectures, etc. are online and easily accessible. I know Mizzou doesn't have any computer requirements but wondering about how computer integrated they are anyways.

Does anyone know about how technologically savvy Mizzou is? At K State, everyone gets the same computer and everyone basically told me during the interview and tour that almost all notes, books, lectures, etc. are online and easily accessible. I know Mizzou doesn't have any computer requirements but wondering about how computer integrated they are anyways.
Everything is pretty easy to access! We have a lecture capture service, all powerpoints are downloadable the day/morning before, online books are available through classmates and things, and even our histology/clin path slides are on an online program.

Everything is pretty easy to access! We have a lecture capture service, all powerpoints are downloadable the day/morning before, online books are available through classmates and things, and even our histology/clin path slides are on an online program.
Thanks! Do you have access to chargers? I take all my notes on my tablet.

Mizzou staring with C/O 2022 has computer requirements for storage, cores, hard drives etc as far as your personal computer. Should have gotten a paper at interview.

Mizzou staring with C/O 2022 has computer requirements for storage, cores, hard drives etc as far as your personal computer. Should have gotten a paper at interview.

Thanks, I'm IS so haven't been interviewed yet.

Thanks! Do you have access to chargers? I take all my notes on my tablet.
There are outlets in both lecture halls, though some are harder to find. I would either sit next to one (as I did), or bring a power strip (as quite a few people did) and never have to worry about other people wanting to use your outlet.

I had my IS Mizzou interview on February 21st and they told us that we probably won’t get a decision until April 1st, April 5th at the latest, because their last interview weekend is next weekend and they give the interviewers a week to get their scores together, and then another week to make sure there were no mistakes. In case anyone was wondering.

I had my IS Mizzou interview on February 21st and they told us that we probably won’t get a decision until April 1st, April 5th at the latest, because their last interview weekend is next weekend and they give the interviewers a week to get their scores together, and then another week to make sure there were no mistakes. In case anyone was wondering.
Jesus, that seems insanely late to be getting decisions out. I'm OOS so I have my decision already, but I can't imagine how stressful it would be to have only 2 weeks between the decision and the acceptance deadline! Why do they push it so far?

Jesus, that seems insanely late to be getting decisions out. I'm OOS so I have my decision already, but I can't imagine how stressful it would be to have only 2 weeks between the decision and the acceptance deadline! Why do they push it so far?
As far back as I remember, the ISers have always been last, and always super late. They told us it could be as late as April 15th during my year, but thankfully they sent out decisions last week of March. It's a hard wait for sure!

Does anyone know how many IS interview invites were sent this year?

I have no idea why it's so late in the year, but it has been incredibly stressful knowing I could have as little as two weeks (or less) to make a decision.

Does anyone know how many IS interview invites were sent this year?
Last year there were 116 IS applicants. Every IS applicant that has a >3.0 GPA, has 3 letters of rec, and scored a GRE score greater than 285 automatically is granted an interview. So I would imagine there is about 100 interviews this year if I had to guess based on previous data.

Last year there were 116 IS applicants. Every IS applicant that has a >3.0 GPA, has 3 letters of rec, and scored a GRE score greater than 285 automatically is granted an interview. So I would imagine there is about 100 interviews this year if I had to guess based on previous data.
Yea that’s what I’m hoping! I just figured with my luck there would be like 200 apps this year

Anyone know what the computer requirements are? I never got a sheet with the info on it...

Anyone know what the computer requirements are? I never got a sheet with the info on it...
I asked Kathy, and she told me they wouldn't send the computer requirements out unless you are accepted. She said it should be attached in the email.

51441301-7A1A-496B-9D0A-91A3E9A7B1A0.png

I'm declining my OOS spot to go to my IS school. Good luck everyone!

Anyone know if ISers find out their final status through an email or snail mail?

Are any other ISers getting antsy to find out!? I know they said by April 1 or April 5 at latest, but with this weekend being Easter I really hope it’s sometime this week. But I also know this week is their spring break so I feel like it’s gonna be next week :(

Are any other ISers getting antsy to find out!? I know they said by April 1 or April 5 at latest, but with this weekend being Easter I really hope it’s sometime this week. But I also know this week is their spring break so I feel like it’s gonna be next week :(
Super antsy... just basically going to find out where I'll live for four years. Sadly it will probably be next week. Hopefully this week flies by!

SO antsy. I just want this week to be OVER! I've waited so long for this, but I don't know if I can handle just a few more days! LOL

I'm very antsy as well!! But also very excited! I've been checking my email nonstop!

Last year it was the Sunday-Wed before school started. I am not sure on exact dates for this year though.
Is there a white coat ceremony prior to the start of the first year or is it before you start clinics?