-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
mph_md2021
Full Member
I got the GW under review email last week. I haven't heard anything yet! 😕Literally just got the GW under review email for everyone whose been talking about it 🙂
Thanks for the advice!! I submitted on 12/1 so I’m one of those getting worried. How long was it between you emailing them and getting the received confirmation?
A couple of hours. I would utilize their chat box option located on the Milken webpage, they generally respond within 10-15 minutes, if not quicker.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did your decision show in the "Checklist for Application" section of the portal?Not to make everyone anxiously check their portals like maniacs as I have done for the last week but JHU's portal apparently updates decisions before emailing you within 24-48 hours and wow finally some good news this semester. Wishing y'all the best!!
D
deleted1020725
Congrats that’s amazing!!!Congrats! I just got in for their Epi program with a Dean's Scholarship
Thanks for the advice!! I submitted on 12/1 so I’m one of those getting worried. How long was it between you emailing them and getting the received confirmation?
I got my confirmation email this afternoon and I submitted 11/29, maybe wait a couple more days before reaching out to them
Mine was 1480For those who applied to GW, did you get close to 1500 words?
Anthro Enthusiast
New Member
That's where I thought it would show up but it should actually change the entire portal after and there will be a tab titled "admission decision"Did your decision show in the "Checklist for Application" section of the portal?
Anthro Enthusiast
New Member
I heard back but from epi. I believe it varies by department.has anyone heard from hopkins?
MPH or MSPH?I heard back but from epi. I believe it varies by department.
I applied to MSPH in International Health, and still nothing!
Anthro Enthusiast
New Member
an MSH. I applied in late September so I'd just wait a bit because I believe they review in the order applications are received.MPH or MSPH?
I applied to MSPH in International Health, and still nothing!
vzr05
Full Member
I did too! It seems like they reviewed quickly after opening OPUS access when looking at last years forum, so here’s hoping for decisions before the new year.Just got an email from Emory confirming that they received my application 🙂 Finally!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you submit your application?Did your decision show in the "Checklist for Application" section of the portal?
Fingers crossed for this week or next week for decisions!I did too! It seems like they reviewed quickly after opening OPUS access when looking at last years forum, so here’s hoping for decisions before the new year.

mph1995
New Member
I did not apply to Yale, but I am still waiting on Dartmouth.Has anyone heard from Yale or Dartmouth?
I got an email last week from Yale that said my application was complete and is being reviewed. I got another email yesterday that said decisions will be sent out on a rolling basis until MarchHas anyone heard from Yale or Dartmouth?
For those who applied to GW, did you get close to 1500 words?
I got to 1499 - which was after a lot of editing
vzr05
Full Member
My app has been under review at Yale since 11/20 and my email said "Admissions decisions will be sent out on a rolling basis beginning after Thanksgiving." So, I'm hoping a decision will come by the end of next week.Has anyone heard from Yale or Dartmouth?
sclason1
Full Member
Heard back from GWU. $16k scholarship over two years. Excited, but really I just want to hear from other schools. For those asking about Yale, I reached out to their assistant admissions director and she said they should be sending out decisions on a rolling basis after thanksgiving. That makes me think they'll be coming any day! Congrats to all who are getting acceptances 🙂 And good luck!Accepted into GWU for Health Policy! Good to know that I'll be going somewhere! Apps at Yale, BU, UNC, Michigan, and Tufts are confirmed and under review. Still waiting to hear back from Emory on reception. So excited! Good luck to everyone!
getting an email from “GWSPH Financial Aid” and it’s NOT my financial aid info? It’s just a webinar? GW!! Not cool.
(It’s been almost 3 weeks since I got accepted, so now I’m getting antsy)
update, got the email - only got $8000 total. Probably not going to cut it 🙁
Does anyone have any insights about appealing for more financial aid? Should i reach out now? or wait a bit?
honeybee77
Full Member
update, got the email - only got $8000 total. Probably not going to cut it 🙁
Does anyone have any insights about appealing for more financial aid? Should i reach out now? or wait a bit?
Is GW full-time MPH two years? Their tuition cost page only posts costs for 9 months...
October 30th!When did you submit your application?
Is GW full-time MPH two years? Their tuition cost page only posts costs for 9 months...
yes, it's 2 years (summer classes optional?) if you are full time. I think the 9 months is assuming classes September-May (no summer).
If I go to GW, however, I'll be doing it part time over 3 years since I'll be working full time (I currently work in DC) so I'd be taking a few classes each semester and over the summer.
thinkingaboutmph
Full Member
update, got the email - only got $8000 total. Probably not going to cut it 🙁
Does anyone have any insights about appealing for more financial aid? Should i reach out now? or wait a bit?
I'm in the same situation and I think I'm just going to wait for a bit. Based on last year's forum, it's also possible that schools will reallocate funding once people start denying their admission offers. I'll probably register for the financial aid webinar and see if I can get any info from that.
hi i'm new here! I recently received a $32k scholarship from GW! here are my stats!
Has anyone heard anything from UNC recently?
Undergraduate School: Georgia Institute of Technology
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 3.98 / 4.0
Major/minor: Biomedical Engineering / Research
GRE (including date taken): Verbal 156, Quantitative 159, Writing 5 (8/7/19)
Experience/research:
- undergraduate research assistant (3+ years) in a lab studying neuroinflammation in Alzheimer's disease
- volunteer with health related org
- president's undergraduate research award
- alpha eta mu beta biomedical engineering honor society
- experience on global health engineering project designing innovative solutions to world problems in child health
-leadership experience through roles on the executive board in an on-campus org
Interested in: Epidemiology, Maternal and Child Health
Applied/Applying: Emory, GWU, UNC (submitted 10/6, coursework verified 10/12)
Accepted: GWU (10/29 + scholarship 11/21), Emory (1/15), UNC (1/30)
Has anyone heard anything from UNC recently?
Undergraduate School: Georgia Institute of Technology
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 3.98 / 4.0
Major/minor: Biomedical Engineering / Research
GRE (including date taken): Verbal 156, Quantitative 159, Writing 5 (8/7/19)
Experience/research:
- undergraduate research assistant (3+ years) in a lab studying neuroinflammation in Alzheimer's disease
- volunteer with health related org
- president's undergraduate research award
- alpha eta mu beta biomedical engineering honor society
- experience on global health engineering project designing innovative solutions to world problems in child health
-leadership experience through roles on the executive board in an on-campus org
Interested in: Epidemiology, Maternal and Child Health
Applied/Applying: Emory, GWU, UNC (submitted 10/6, coursework verified 10/12)
Accepted: GWU (10/29 + scholarship 11/21), Emory (1/15), UNC (1/30)
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SunshineWings
Full Member
Emory finally received my application!
Just got into the Hopkins MPH program!
Also, the e-mail about setting up my HarvardKey went to my spam inbox, so I suggest checking if you haven't gotten yours yet.
Congrats!! When did you apply to Hopkins?
I submitted on 11/18.Congrats!! When did you apply to Hopkins?
I have a simple question (I'm an international applicant),
When we hear from universities, do we get a direct email or do we need to login to the portals individually?
I've applied to JHU, Yale, Columbia and Harvard FYI
Hey to edit my previous response...it looks like Harvard will use the portal to give decisions and JHU has been also. Just check both email and the portals regularly and you should be good!
not yet, which concentration did you apply to? 🙂Anyone heard from Cornell
mph1995
New Member
not yet, which concentration did you apply to? 🙂
FS
mph2020epi
Full Member
Emory sent me an email saying they received my application finally! However, they also say they don't have a SSN on file for me even though I included my SSN on my SOPHAS application. I know you have to include your SSN on your SOPHAS application in order for the school to also receive your FAFSA. Did this happen to anyone else. I already filled out my FAFSA. Should I reach out to Emory and the other schools I applied to to confirm they have my SSN on my SOPHAS application?
When I applied in 2017 they had issues processing my SSN and I know this happened with a few other people. Reach out and they’ll tell you how to remedy the situationEmory sent me an email saying they received my application finally! However, they also say they don't have a SSN on file for me even though I included my SSN on my SOPHAS application. I know you have to include your SSN on your SOPHAS application in order for the school to also receive your FAFSA. Did this happen to anyone else. I already filled out my FAFSA. Should I reach out to Emory and the other schools I applied to to confirm they have my SSN on my SOPHAS application?
mph2020epi
Full Member
Thanks! I just checked my SOPHAS application and I filled out my SSN. However, I spoke with someone at SOPHAS and they said that my SSN is not on my applications so I guess I will have to contact all the schools and fix this.When I applied in 2017 they had issues processing my SSN and I know this happened with a few other people. Reach out and they’ll tell you how to remedy the situation
So weird! My issue was because I was adopted and somehow that caused a complication??? I don’t know how that works but it got resolved!Thanks! I just checked my SOPHAS application and I filled out my SSN. However, I spoke with someone at SOPHAS and they said that my SSN is not on my applications so I guess I will have to contact all the schools and fix this.
mph2020epi
Full Member
SOPHAS just got back to me and actually said that my SSN is included in my applications (it's just not included on the PDF for security reasons) but the schools should have access to it so I am not sure why Emory is saying they don't have it. I think to be safe I will confirm with all the schools I applied to to make sure my FAFSA is received.So weird! My issue was because I was adopted and somehow that caused a complication??? I don’t know how that works but it got resolved!
vzr05
Full Member
Just got scholarship info from GW, they must be bored or cranking out emails today because I was only accepted on Friday... $5k first gen scholarship over two years. Not much, but we'll see!
Also, I was just accepted to Temple but they only gave me three weeks to accept or deny... this isn't right, is it? I was under the impression all graduate schools gave until April 15th? I thought I read somewhere in here that another person had this issue with only three weeks but I can't find the post.
Also, I was just accepted to Temple but they only gave me three weeks to accept or deny... this isn't right, is it? I was under the impression all graduate schools gave until April 15th? I thought I read somewhere in here that another person had this issue with only three weeks but I can't find the post.
I received my scholarship for GWU for $32k this morning!
I also got an email from Emory today about creating a portal on OPUS, but after filling out the information on that website, they said that my information isn't on file. Should I give it a couple days and try again, or contact Emory?
I also got an email from Emory today about creating a portal on OPUS, but after filling out the information on that website, they said that my information isn't on file. Should I give it a couple days and try again, or contact Emory?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
vzr05
Full Member
Thanks for the link! I appreciate it. I sent them an email asking about it, kind of hard to be excited about the acceptance when it may disappear in a couple of weeks ya know.Temple has signed on to the Council of Graduate Schools resolution that states they will not require applicants to respond to financial scholarship offers until April 15th. Obviously, the date is different for spring admissions. https://cgsnet.org/ckfinder/userfiles/files/CGSResolution_Nov2019Revision.pdf
I am unsure of how this applies to admissions offers.
Thanks for the link! I appreciate it. I sent them an email asking about it, kind of hard to be excited about the acceptance when it may disappear in a couple of weeks ya know.
eager to hear what you find out! I'm going to apply to Temple's online MPH (so I can keep working) but if I get in and then need to decide within three weeks...
VincentWph
Full Member
Hi, I have a question about the SOPHAS. Since I'm still an undergraduate student, my counselor said that I will not have an official transcript, so can I just send my unofficial transcript to SOPHAS? or I must apply for the official one? Thank you! And congrats to everyone who receives the offer!
My school was able to send an official transcript of what I’ve taken so far. If your school uses a clearing house or transcript service this will be a similar case. It’ll just show your currently enrolled courses as “in progress” or “enrolled”.Hi, I have a question about the SOPHAS. Since I'm still an undergraduate student, my counselor said that I will not have an official transcript, so can I just send my unofficial transcript to SOPHAS? or I must apply for the official one? Thank you! And congrats to everyone who receives the offer!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 135
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 103
- Views
- 37K