MPH 2020: Applied, Accepted, Rejected, Waitlisted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
BU is rolling admissions right? I saw some people heard back on Tuesday -- people who heard back, do you mind me asking when you applied?

Hi! My application was verified on 12/26, and BU sent me an email on 1/3 saying that my application was sent to the admissions committee.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the heads up! I haven’t gotten any email updates from Columbia since the initial “we have received your application” email... should I be concerned?
Same here. Kinda worried.

Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 5 users
Thanks for the heads up! I haven’t gotten any email updates from Columbia since the initial “we have received your application” email... should I be concerned?
If the person who emailed me this morning is accurate I guess they've made decisions but they have not been released to us just yet but will be in "upcoming weeks". Just last week on the virtual fair they mentioned late Jan to Early Feb so that seems to be on the right track. I know its later than usual compared to previous years but I believe you have nothing to worry about. If you don't hear back in Early Feb then maybe start worrying.

If the person who emailed me this morning is accurate I guess they've made decisions but they have not been released to us just yet but will be in "upcoming weeks". Just last week on the virtual fair they mentioned late Jan to Early Feb so that seems to be on the right track. I know its later than usual compared to previous years but I believe you have nothing to worry about. If you don't hear back in Early Feb then maybe start worrying.
Thanks so much! I really appreciate the assurance!

Everyone who's waiting- just know we're in it together :)

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
BU is rolling admissions right? I saw some people heard back on Tuesday -- people who heard back, do you mind me asking when you applied?

Submitted on 11/6 and got an email from BU on 12/18 that it was under review

Until we get the decisions back, anyone keen to discuss international student scholarships and external funding options that are still open at the moment ? Is there another thread for that? . I am curious because we could prolly send in our applications for external funding before all of the deadlines close in

Reactions: 5 users
GOT INTO YALE SBS HOLY ****!!! Praying for all of you to receive good news too and congrats to all of you who already have!

Reactions: 24 users
I received an e-mail from Rollins about applying to their MCH certificate program for first-year students, as I indicated I’m interested in it. I haven’t received anything regarding my general Epi application. Is this just a standard e-mail?

I received an e-mail from Rollins about applying to their MCH certificate program for first-year students, as I indicated I’m interested in it. I haven’t received anything regarding my general Epi application. Is this just a standard e-mail?
Yes, I got this email about a week before I got my acceptance email

Reactions: 2 users
Is this a good indicator that I have been accepted?
I got the same email at least a month before my acceptance. From what I understand their MCH certificate is very competitive and you need to apply to be considered for it, and you got that email because you indicated interest in MCH on your application.

I got the same email at least a month before my acceptance. From what I understand their MCH certificate is very competitive and you need to apply to be considered for it, and you got that email because you indicated interest in MCH on your application.
Thank you. I got so excited that maybe it meant something :(

I’m not sure. I’m still waiting on Global Epi and I got the MCH email once on 12/16 and again on 1/13. One of the links wasn’t working previously and they fixed it in the second email. Hope we hear back soon though! The wait is torture

Got into Johns Hopkins last week for an MHS in Epi with a focus in Infectious Disease and a Master's scholarship!! Also got into Emory for Epi, but Hopkins is currently first choice :) just waiting on some Ivy's now

Reactions: 4 users
I’m not sure. I’m still waiting on Global Epi and I got the MCH email once on 12/16 and again on 1/13. One of the links wasn’t working previously and they fixed it in the second email. Hope we hear back soon though! The wait is torture
I emailed the individual listed on the MCH email, and she replied saying you have to be admitted in order to apply? Not sure why getting the e-mail then.

arghh i applied to the global program design, monitoring, and evaluation program at GWU and still havent heard back!! I guess it's a less common concentration but still :/

In at Brown for Environmental Health can I get a woop woop! Verified on SOPHAS on 12/3 and sent for review on 12/9.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
arghh i applied to the global program design, monitoring, and evaluation program at GWU and still havent heard back!! I guess it's a less common concentration but still :/
IKR, it's very frustrating! I applied to the GWU Global Health Epi and Disease Control and my application went for review on Dec 3, 2019. I still haven't heard back from them :-(

Rejected from Yale. A little disappointed but not overly surprised as people had been getting accepted and my application was with them for over 2 months... oh well!

Damn I'm really sorry to hear about your rejection. Hopefully you got accepted into some other great programs!

It looks like I'm probably going to be in the same boat as I've been under review for over 2 months and that a ton of people have already gotten in.

Omg, just got an email saying I got into UCLA for Epi!

Quick question, how do I make that little section at the bottom of my messages that shows my stats/schools I applied to like everyone else has? I'm new to SDN and y'alls info really helped me so I just want to be able to assist others :)

Reactions: 10 users

Quick question, how do I make that little section at the bottom of my messages that shows my stats/schools I applied to like everyone else has? I'm new to SDN and y'alls info really helped me so I just want to be able to assist others :)
congratulations !!!

Click on your profile in the top right and then click on signature and you should be able to edit it

In at Brown for MPH/MPA!
Applied: GW, Yale, Brown, Dartmouth, Columbia, JHU, Emory
Interview: Columbia (December), Dartmouth (declined)
Accepted: GW MHA (full scholarship), Yale HCM (32k), Brown ($), Emory HPM, Columbia HPM
Rejected: JHU MHA
Be patient and good news will come your way! Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Is there anyone considering Hopkins who hasn't done all the pre-reqs? I haven't done the biology/anatomy ones as I had a humanities major in undergrad (and am applying for HPM).

I'm wondering if anyone has taken these courses online? Or at hopkins before starting the MPH? I had planned to do them through a university connected with my company but have now found out it wont be possible...

CONGRATS!!!! Did you get an email saying you were accepted?

Out of all the mph programs, is Yale the lowest acceptance? Did someone say around 30%?

Out of all the mph programs, is Yale the lowest acceptance? Did someone say around 30%?
Not sure but i think the admission requirements play a huge part in the acceptance rate (couldnt find any recent and official ones). Yale is one of those programs that admit both working professionals and college students getting ready to graduate so naturally the applicant pool may be larger. For those that only admit people with work experience, I feel as though applying to these programs as a professional requires you to have extremely clear goals and outlook considering that youre setting aside 1-2 years of earning potential to pay a huge sum of money for a degree. As a result, perhaps the self selecting pressure is much stronger for those looking into these type of MPH programs, which is why you see a relatively high acceptance rate at highly reputable programs such as Harvard’s. My 2 cents.