MPH 2020: Applied, Accepted, Rejected, Waitlisted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CONGRATS!!!! Did you get an email saying you were accepted?
Yeah! The subject line said Acceptance to Fielding School of Public Health, and it said I would get the official acceptance letter in 5-10 days

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like I always get news on Fridays so hoping I get some today :xf:

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got into Brown’s MPH program with a 25% scholarship yesterday! Applied 12/6, Completed and sent for review 12/16, Accepted 1/23, Received scholarship info 1/24

(Also, heads up the email went to spam for me)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone have word on if Boston University will release decisions soon? I got an email Jan. 6th saying my application was in review?

Does anyone have word on if Boston University will release decisions soon? I got an email Jan. 6th saying my application was in review?
I heard back from Boston University two days ago! I think you will be hearing back soon!

Boston said that they would release decisions each Friday (or following Monday)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an acceptance email on a Tuesday
I'm guessing because Monday was a federal holiday for MLK day that they sent it out on Tuesday. Just going based off what the admission director told me :)

still nothing from Columbia today? Some people from last year heard as late as end of March...

Reactions: 3 users
still nothing from Columbia today? Some people from last year heard as late as end of March...
But people began hearing back as early as Jan 22nd from what I saw. I think as long as the priority deadline was met we have to hear in the next couple of weeks.

But people began hearing back as early as Jan 22nd from what I saw. I think as long as the priority deadline was met we have to hear in the next couple of weeks.
true.. I submitted mine in November, but WES took ages to process my transcripts and after I literally emailed and called them so many times the processed it, and my application went under review on 12/13. So I a not sure if I count as having met the priority deadline or not.

Any idea when the next set of JHU full time mph decisions will be out? I saw that some got in last week but no news since then.

I got in last Wednesday, for accelerated one though.
Yes . I Applied for the accelerated 11 month fulltime mph too.. the schoolwide option on sophas. Okay then - the wait continues into next week i guess.... I am seriously distracted and anxious abt this whole thing . :X3:

Just talked to admissions for Columbia, if you were priority you should know by the end of next week!

Reactions: 16 users
For Yale, I got an application received email on 12/23 (even though i submitted on 12/1 and was verified on 12/17). On 1/21 I got an "Application Complete" email saying that I've formally gone into review. For people who were accepted, does anyone know roughly what the turnaround time is from the application complete email is?

For Yale, I got an application received email on 12/23 (even though i submitted on 12/1 and was verified on 12/17). On 1/21 I got an "Application Complete" email saying that I've formally gone into review. For people who were accepted, does anyone know roughly what the turnaround time is from the application complete email is?
to be honest I am not sure that there's a pattern there..

does Yale only reply on Thursdays? I don't want to wait for another week...

Happy U Washington Epi MPH admissions committee meeting day! Hopefully we’ll hear back soon

If the school didn't tell you about a scholarship in the offer email/letter does this mean you are not going to be offered something? I applied to mostly MHA/MPH Healthcare Management programs. i'm not sure how common scholarship/aid is with these tracks.. any ideas?
Usually you get a separate email a few days after getting accepted. Brown did tell me that they will give me some money but it was the only school that said this in the acceptance letter. I applied to the same department/track and got scholarships from most of my top programs. As far as I know GW will look at your GPA when considering how much you will be awarded but that’s probably not the only criterion

Reactions: 1 users
Happy U Washington Epi MPH admissions committee meeting day! Hopefully we’ll hear back soon
When the doctorate committee met on 1/10, we heard back on 1/14! I assume it will be a similar waiting period for MPH applicants.

Just talked to admissions for Columbia, if you were priority you should know by the end of next week!
Thank you!!! I submitted my application through SOPHAS on Dec.1, but my application was completed and sent for review on Dec.7. So idk if that counts as priority.

Thank you!!! I submitted my application through SOPHAS on Dec.1, but my application was completed and sent for review on Dec.7. So idk if that counts as priority.
I submitted on 11/30 and got verified 12/3. So I’m wondering the same thing... On their website they say however that the application has to be submitted by the deadline and they don’t say anything about verification.
Emailed them about this, this morning. Will keep you posted.

I submitted on 11/30 and got verified 12/3. So I’m wondering the same thing... On their website they say however that the application has to be submitted by the deadline and they don’t say anything about verification.
same, I submitted on 11/11 and only went under review on 12/13

As long as you submit the sophas application on time by the priority deadline, it is considered priority. They usually have it on their system and then send them to review after the application materials are fully received. But this would mean the results will be sent out in the priority bunch. This is what I think from my conversations over the last month with admissions teams in different programs.

Reactions: 4 users
Got into Yale yesterday morning.
Yale Advanced Professional MPH in Health Policy & Administration (SOPHAS applied 12/01, verified 12/13, under review 12/23)

Reactions: 10 users
Got accepted to Tulane for MS biostats! (1/24)
Funny detail: my application went under review on 1/23, and they sent me an email on the same day saying I was missing my transcript (which is literally impossible) and language requirement (which could be waived). Now on the next day they sent me the acceptance email o_O

Reactions: 7 users
I know rankings can be a little arbitrary, but could someone speak to why Yale is ranked "lower" than other schools? It is interesting to me because it seems like they have a lower acceptance rate... I know it is a great program, but I was wondering what the potential weaknesses are that makes other schools better on the ranks than Yale. Thank you!

I know rankings can be a little arbitrary, but could someone speak to why Yale is ranked "lower" than other schools? It is interesting to me because it seems like they have a lower acceptance rate... I know it is a great program, but I was wondering what the potential weaknesses are that makes other schools better on the ranks than Yale. Thank you!
I feel like I've read in this forum or forums of previous years that it has to do with alumni somehow. Since Yale has such a low acceptance rate and small class size compared to schools like Columbia and Emory, the rankings are skewed in that way? I think that is kind of why people consider the rankings arbitrary.

Reactions: 1 users
It's been a really good week for hearing back. Got accepted to Penn State and Drexel. I'm officially done with the cycle! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 10 users
Mailman admissions replied "Your application is still under review. We anticipate decisions to be available some time in February." Well, I guess I will wait then.

Reactions: 2 users
I just got into the BU HPM MPH program with a 35% tuition scholarship :)

Reactions: 16 users
Accepted to BU Healthcare Management (CAHME) w/35% Tuition Scholarship.

Reactions: 14 users