MPH / MSPH 2021: Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected, Attending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else feeling impatient and a bit disheartened? Last I heard from a school was nov 24. I submitted all my apps before nov 15, before some of the people who have already heard from Columbia and Yale...
I applied to the policy programs if that makes any difference. If they already passed my app I wish they would just send a rejection now.
Echoing all of the responses to this, I applied around the time you did and have only heard from 2 programs. It all depends on the departments and their review processes. You'll probably hear from multiple programs in the next few weeks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an email from Yale saying that my application is complete!!! Hopefully, I hear back soon :)

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else feeling impatient and a bit disheartened? Last I heard from a school was nov 24. I submitted all my apps before nov 15, before some of the people who have already heard from Columbia and Yale...
I applied to the policy programs if that makes any difference. If they already passed my app I wish they would just send a rejection now.
I haven't gotten anything except confirmation emails, and most of mine were in by mid November as well so you aren't alone! Looking at previous forums it looks like Brown did a big release on the 15th the past two years, so hopefully some news tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
i didnt realize people had heard from columbia

@rtr2020 I wouldn't despair at all. Judging by your profile signature, you have been accepted some of the best schools that many of us on SDN would trade in a heartbeat. You've got into 4 out of the 9 schools that you applied to; that roughly 50% hit.

There are many of us, such as myself, waiting for at least one acceptance (even if it is not the one we want to go to), just to boost our "confidence". For the record, I have applied to 6 schools for different programs (none of them "safe" schools) and not heard from anyone :)

I am not trying to be philosophical, or as Panda would wisely put it - "kung-fuey" or anything but, I strongly believe in- "If it is meant to be, it will happen".

Even if I get admitted to any of the programs that I applied to, I don't know how I am going to come up with the money for this, the stimulus check is not going to last that long!

Reactions: 5 users
Is anyone else obsessively checking their emails hoping that Emory will come out this week?!
I was told by the admissions office today that Emory would be releasing the decisions in the next few weeks. Not sure if this week would be it.

Reactions: 4 users
I was told by the admissions office today that Emory would be releasing the decisions in the next few weeks. Not sure if this week would be it.

They sure did give a very vague answer. I think everyone is excepting the release within the next few weeks already anyway 😩

• Haha

Yeah for reals, those are good schools you got into already. JHU is already #1 :rolleyes::lol::rofl:

I'll let other people pad your ego, should they deem that's necessary 😬

Looks like we are all on the edge of our seats waiting for decisions. I had some days when I was super doubtful in myself— received my first decision from GWU (rejected) last week which further led to more anxiety, but I believe things will work out as they should. Glad to have this group as we go through this process together!

• Care
Reactions: 21 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get an update on their Wolverine portal for UMICH HMP saying their decision will be formally emailed within 5 days?

Did anyone get an update on their Wolverine portal for UMICH HMP saying their decision will be formally emailed within 5 days?
I got this update on my portal for HBHE last Wednesday and got my email that Friday! I think the email just comes once the admissions office does whatever process they need to do to finalize the department's decision.

I got this update on my portal for HBHE last Wednesday and got my email that Friday! I think the email just comes once the admissions office does whatever process they need to do to finalize the department's decision.
Did you end up getting in?? I got nervous thinking it was because I was rejected :(

I got into HBHE in December maybe I’ll see you there!

Did anyone hear back from UMich's MPH recently? Thanks.
I got a decision notification on my Wolverine access today. It said that I would be receiving my official decision within 5 days via email. Not sure what this means. Obviously I’m on the edge of my seat

Did you end up getting in?? I got nervous thinking it was because I was rejected :(

I got into HBHE in December maybe I’ll see you there!
I did! Mine said I was recommended for admission by the department, so my decision was already on wolverine access. It just needed to be confirmed by the admissions office. The email was my "official" offer.

Congrats on HBHE!

Yes, my Umich's portal said the exact same thing. It said I was recommended for admission by the department, but the decision has to be verified and certified by the Office for Student Engagement and Practice before my admittance will get finalized. What does this mean? 😅
Truthfully, I have no idea.

I took it as an unofficial acceptance, which ended up being an acceptance. But I was cautiously optimistic until I got the email! Last week, it seems like many of us got our acceptance emails on Friday.

Truthfully, I have no idea.

I took it as an unofficial acceptance, which ended up being an acceptance. But I was cautiously optimistic until I got the email! Last week, it seems like many of us got our acceptance emails on Friday.
I got the same email for HBHE. It looks different for HMP so that’s why I’m assuming it might be a rejection.
Thank you :) congrats on your acceptance too

Yes, my Umich's portal said the exact same thing. It said I was recommended for admission by the department, but the decision has to be verified and certified by the Office for Student Engagement and Practice before my admittance will get finalized. What does this mean? 😅
I got this email too and ended up getting in! It’s basically an unofficial acceptance I think! Did you get this email for HBHE?

I got a decision notification on my Wolverine access today. It said that I would be receiving my official decision within 5 days via email. Not sure what this means. Obviously I’m on the edge of my seat
You might be able to view your decision by logging into Wolverine Access. Go to New and Prospective Student Center -> Application Status -> View Decision. What did you apply to?

You might be able to view your decision by logging into Wolverine Access. Go to New and Prospective Student Center -> Application Status -> View Decision. What did you apply to?
I applied to HMP. Under my “view decision” it says

PT_PIXEL_1.gif
PT_PIXEL_1.gif
An admission decision for your application to our department of Health Management and Policy has been made. You will be receiving an official email from the University of Michigan School of Public Health within five business days.

im assuming it’s a rejection because I got into HBHE and it said the decision on the portal.​

Does anyone know when UMD will begin releasing decisions?

I applied to HMP. Under my “view decision” it says

PT_PIXEL_1.gif
PT_PIXEL_1.gif
An admission decision for your application to our department of Health Management and Policy has been made. You will be receiving an official email from the University of Michigan School of Public Health within five business days.

im assuming it’s a rejection because I got into HBHE and it said the decision on the portal.​
I also have this on my portal for HMP, I am hoping it’s not a rejection however I saw other people who applied on this forum said they had a interview for the HMP program. This makes me extremely worried because no one contacted me for an interview. I’m feeling like it’s gonna be a rejection now.🥺🥺

I also have this on my portal for HMP, I am hoping it’s not a rejection however I saw other people who applied on this forum said they had a interview for the HMP program. This makes me extremely worried because no one contacted me for an interview. I’m feeling like it’s gonna be a rejection now.🥺🥺
Yes! Hopefully within 5 days we’ll know! my first thought was a rejection but I hope not :(

Has anyone heard back from yale executive MPH or JHU part time online MPH?

Did anyone hear back from Harvard's Financial Aid office?

A while ago, I submitted my scholarship app to Harvard's MPH program. Recently I received a response from them asking me to submit more documentations for scholarship considerations.

What does this mean? I do not even know whether they will admit me, yet I have to do quite a few things for the program, unlike all others. This entire process is actually quite fun 😅
When did you submit your financial aid app, and when did they ask you for more documentation? What else did they say in the email?

Is anyone else's SOPHAS still not loading? :(
been a few hours of me trying (since 8:30ish EST) and now I can finally get to the login page but it won't progress past that for me. I do think people have until midnight 1/15 to get submissions in so hopefully it is fully resolved tomorrow and doesn't crash again while trying to process all the submissions that will go in

Hi SDNers,

Maybe its too late to ask but does anyone know how schools take the SOPHAS verified GPA into account? The grading scale for my graduate degree is different from the traditional ones - we get SP for 4.0, HP for 3.5 and P for 3.0, no A, B, C, D or F. Based on the transcript grading, SOPHAS did not give me any points since I don't have the A,B,C.. in them.

Do schools look at the the actual transcript or stick to what is in the SOPHAS application packet? I am little worried since my GPA shows way lower than what it is and no credit for any of the graduate courses.

Z.

Last edited:
Hi SDNers,

Maybe its too late to ask but does anyone know how schools take the SOPHAS verified GPA into account? The grading scale for my graduate degree is different from the traditional ones - we get SP for 4.0, HP for 3.5 and P for 3.0, no A, B, C, D or F. Based on the transcript grading, SOPHAS did not give me any points since I don't have the A,B,C.. in them.

Do schools look at the the actual transcript or stick to what is in the SOPHAS application packet? I am little worried since my GPA shows way lower than what it is and no credit for any of the graduate courses.

Z.

I would write to each individual program to ask them about this. If nothing else, it shows your concern and interest in their program.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I’M CRYING 😭 I just got my first acceptance into the University of Minnesota for CHP! this is one of my top two choices so I was shocked to receive the acceptance! For someone who often feels like they aren’t good enough, especially in the academics (3.02 SOPHAS GPA 🥴), it feels great knowing that this school believes in me and my dedication to public health.
Also thanks to everyone on this forum! I admire how we all support and validate each other. I wish you all happiness and success in your lives 💛

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 35 users
I’M CRYING 😭 I just got my first acceptance into the University of Minnesota for CHP! this is one of my top two choices so I was shocked to receive the acceptance! For someone who often feels like they aren’t good enough, especially in the academics (3.02 SOPHAS GPA 🥴), it feels great knowing that this school believes in me and my dedication to public health.
Awesome spirit @yougotnojams. It is not just the school that believes in you; you believe in yourself as well. That is the key! Congrats again!

• Care
Also thanks to everyone on this forum! I admire how we all support and validate each other. I wish you all happiness and success in your lives 💛
Congratulations! This is so wonderful and is a testament to your dedication and hard work, you deserve it!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Hi SDNers,

Z.
same thing is happening to me. but I got into 7 programs so far with a SOPHAS gpa lower than my transcript gpa. I emailed a few schools back in november and they told me that they look at everything about you, including each gpa you have.

Would anyone be willing to review my SOP!! I just read over UMD SOP requirements and it has to be 2 pages double spaced. I am trying to figure what I need to remove from my original version

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! You deserve this and so much more! This is only the beginning to a lifetime of success!

Reactions: 3 users
For those who have heard from Hopkins, what did the timeline look like for you? I applied to the MsPH earlier this week so it's still early of course but just curious as it seems like a lot of schools are on a 6-8 week cycle when it comes to sending out decisions.

For those who have heard from Hopkins, what did the timeline look like for you? I applied to the MsPH earlier this week so it's still early of course but just curious as it seems like a lot of schools are on a 6-8 week cycle when it comes to sending out decisions.
I think it depends on the specific department, but for what it's worth I applied to the MSPH international health department in the first week of November and haven't heard anything yet.

I heard back from JHU for the MSPH in Population, Family and Reproductive Health pretty quickly especially since I applied during the holiday. Submitted 12/23, sent for review 12/28, and decision email 1/5 and portal 1/6

Ok. For those who are still waiting for UMich, I just got an email from UMich that officially confirmed my admission. I just thought that they handle the admission process very differently from all other programs that I applied to.
Congrats!!!

Does anyone know when UCLA might release decisions?

Just admitted to University of Michigan - Global Health Epidemiology! I received an email congratulating me, but it looks like my Wolverine Access has not yet updated since there's no "View Decision" link yet. Sounds like the different programs handle the admissions process pretty differently since others found out first through their portal.

Reactions: 11 users
Just admitted to University of Michigan - Global Health Epidemiology! I received an email congratulating me, but it looks like my Wolverine Access has not yet updated since there's no "View Decision" link yet. Sounds like the different programs handle the admissions process pretty differently since others found out first through their portal.
Hey congrats!! That's awesome! When did you apply? I applied to the same program and I'm still waiting to hear back.