New Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh cool, what are you doing? Yeah, I LOVED the school... it would be so hard to turn down.

I just have a chance to travel so I don't want to pass it up. Have a good weekend.

Members don't see this ad.

It might be too early but does any one know what are the stats for this school. I am trying to decide if I should apply or not. I am OOS with a 31MCAT and 3.9 GPA. Thanks so much!

i got interviewed with a 31/3.5 OOS. worth applying for sure. I'm waitlisted now.

Members don't see this ad :)
It might be too early but does any one know what are the stats for this school. I am trying to decide if I should apply or not. I am OOS with a 31MCAT and 3.9 GPA. Thanks so much!

Same stats for me and way out of state. WL'ed but I think I would have gotten in eventually

So I'm in the internship program at TCMC this summer and as part of yesterday's orientation, Dr. D'Alessandri spoke about the research being done at the school and the faculty and staff's excitement about the incoming medical school class.

As of yesterday (6/1), they have a class of 65 students, five over their original goal. Personally, I think this means that all of us waitlistees are either heading elsewhere for medical school or reapplying for next year. Even if students decide not to attend, I'm of the opinion that they'd be happier getting that number closer to 60 instead of taking more of us off the waitlist.

Good luck to everyone!

Ouch... thats kind of upsetting. Well I guess things can always change.. It's still June so can't hurt to hope.

So I'm in the internship program at TCMC this summer and as part of yesterday's orientation, Dr. D'Alessandri spoke about the research being done at the school and the faculty and staff's excitement about the incoming medical school class.

As of yesterday (6/1), they have a class of 65 students, five over their original goal. Personally, I think this means that all of us waitlistees are either heading elsewhere for medical school or reapplying for next year. Even if students decide not to attend, I'm of the opinion that they'd be happier getting that number closer to 60 instead of taking more of us off the waitlist.

Good luck to everyone!

i was recently offered an acceptance from the waitlist, so the waitlist is definitely moving.... the 20K per year scholarship was very tempting but i declined due to acceptance at one of my top choices. good luck to all those still waiting!

i was recently offered an acceptance from the waitlist, so the waitlist is definitely moving.... the 20K per year scholarship was very tempting but i declined due to acceptance at one of my top choices. good luck to all those still waiting!

how recently?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I'm a bit confused here. It seems there have been contradictory posts. A couple of people have said that they have been offered admission from the waitlist and have given up their spots. Another person claims the Dean said 65 students have accepted when they only have 60 positions.

Why would they open up offers to the waitlist if there are already 5 too many students? Obviously, there's the explanation that they anticipate shifting from the 65 bc of multiple offers etc. which will eventually result in a class of 60, but that doesn't seem to be a convincing argument since there's a lot of money resting on that hope for 5 people to leave and LCME has stringent restrictions.

Also, those of you who had been accepted by waitlist, how did you find out--through e-mail I would imagine?

Great, now I'm going to be neurotic every Friday morning until August. :scared::scared::scared::eek:

anybody have an update on waitlist movement??

Oh yeah, he totally did, and went drinking 3 hours later.

hey chessodoc...thanx for the response...how long ago did ur friend get in off of the waitlist?

i wish TCMC came back to the forums and could answer questions like they did in September/October...that was the best!

Last edited:
Hello everyone. It is that time where everyone has started sending out their applications again. My son has once again started his paperwork on AAMCAS, and is awaiting some final documentation. He applied again to TCMC, and is seriously hoping to get in. He is in their MBS program, which starts around 8/24/09. He is living up there now, working at a local hospital, and is excited about starting the MBS program. If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask. We have gotten to know Scranton well. Good luck to all again!

We walked around Scranton last weekend for about 4 hours. Met one of the MD students, met some neat people in the community, saw the school again, ate at a restaurant, and went to the Steamtown Mall (as we tend to do). There seems to be more going on in Scranton every time we visit. It is still learning how to thrive again, but the people of Scranton are working hard. They are welcoming all the MD and MBS students nicely. Tomorrow starts the MBS program. They are doing a lot of the same things they did for the MD students. My son was really pleased about that. The Deans Blog on the TCMC website has the best updates and photos of all of the goings-on. We still haven't checked out everything we want to check out yet, and will probably go back. I think the students, as well as my family, are good for the economy there!

Status
Not open for further replies.