This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZenMath

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

I am a career-changer looking for a postbacc program. I have local housing in New York and Florida and I currently live in New York. (in-state tuition is why im telling you this!)

My first thought was I wanted to stay in New York so as to keep my life relatively normal taking these prereqs before heading to med school. But I have to move apartments here in New York and so I'm figuring, why not make a major move now?

I'm not looking to pour all of my money (read: loans) into a postbacc, I'd rather do that for med school. So yes I'm looking for the least expensive option.

I've looked into CUNY and that would be my choice if I stay in New York.

I'm looking into FAU and wondering if I can qualify for the Honors College and get some money there. Does anyone know the tuition there?

Any input would be super helpful.

Anyone else on here looking to go do a post-bacc in the Fall? Let's be friends.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there,

I am a career-changer looking for a postbacc program. I have local housing in New York and Florida and I currently live in New York. (in-state tuition is why im telling you this!)

My first thought was I wanted to stay in New York so as to keep my life relatively normal taking these prereqs before heading to med school. But I have to move apartments here in New York and so I'm figuring, why not make a major move now?

I'm not looking to pour all of my money (read: loans) into a postbacc, I'd rather do that for med school. So yes I'm looking for the least expensive option.

I've looked into CUNY and that would be my choice if I stay in New York.

I'm looking into FAU and wondering if I can qualify for the Honors College and get some money there. Does anyone know the tuition there?

Any input would be super helpful.

Anyone else on here looking to go do a post-bacc in the Fall? Let's be friends.
Hi! I am also considering to do post-bacc Pre-Med career change program at FAU :) I am wondering the same for the honers college. I am planning to e-mail Dr. Brook Sheets, who is the one who reads our applications for the program and hopefully will find out more about the honers program.

Last edited:
FAU out of state tuition rate is $719.84/credit. In-state is $201.29. if you can get Fl residency, the tuition is fairly low. I am currently at FAU and can answer any questions about Undergrad classes.

FAU out of state tuition rate is $719.84/credit. In-state is $201.29. if you can get Fl residency, the tuition is fairly low. I am currently at FAU and can answer any questions about Undergrad classes.
Hello!! thank you so much for your response. Are you currently in their postbacc program? I would like to ask couple of questions. Does the program prepares you for the MCAT examination and do you happen to know how successful have graduates of the FAU postbacc program been in getting accepted to medical school?

Reactions: 1 user