News from anywhere

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
mokadet said:
Anyone heard anything from Auburn or UGA or know anything about their timelines??

Nothing from either. I do know that you won't hear from UGA until last minute (somewhere around April 1st) ... Auburn, I have no idea. I thought they notified in January or Feb though and had interviews in Feb-March.

Members don't see this ad.

[Nothing from Tufts---They have not sent out all interview invitations yet; but I was told (by the admissions office) if I did not receive a letter by the end of next week to call for my status. I would interpret that as a rejection.

Loo,

Did someone in the admissions office tell you this (about not having yet sent out all the interview invites)?

What part of the country are you in? (Mail times can be slower to rural areas and locations far away from the point of origin. That's what I'm telling myself, anyway! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
So.... I just got an email from Georgia saying my application had been pulled because they never recieved my GRE Biology scores. Begin momentary panic attack. But of course I sent these scores months ago. I called down to GA and while I was on the phone they mysteriously turned up, "oh, here they are!"

ACK!

Surprisingly this is the THIRD school that has lost some portion of my application (Auburn lost GRE scores and Tufts lost transcripts). But the other two schools discovered the missing parts this past fall, whereas, Georgia seems to just now be getting around to sifting through the apps.

Long story short, I asked the woman about a timeline - when they would be mailing anything. She said they were AIMING for the beginning of March (she didn't seem confident that this was going to happen). So, I'm going to stick with the April 1 date from UGAhopeful~

I was notified today by phone that I have an interview at Western University in Feb (mine is Feb. 17th).

I have an interview at UPenn tomorrow, and I'm quite nervous! I've heard that they let you know if you're accepted by that night/next day. Is this still true? Has anyone been accepted to UPenn yet?

--Tracy

traxomatic said:
I was notified today by phone that I have an interview at Western University in Feb (mine is Feb. 17th).

I have an interview at UPenn tomorrow, and I'm quite nervous! I've heard that they let you know if you're accepted by that night/next day. Is this still true? Has anyone been accepted to UPenn yet?

--Tracy

Tracy, I have an interview at Penn tomorrow too...I'll see you there! Good luck.

Hey everyone!

I just found out I got into Colorado!! I think it is one of the best feelings ever when you work hard for something and it finally pays off. We wait so long that when it finally arrives, it becomes hard to believe......
Anyway, good luck to all of you!!

Bluejay224 said:
Hey everyone!

I just found out I got into Colorado!! I think it is one of the best feelings ever when you work hard for something and it finally pays off. We wait so long that when it finally arrives, it becomes hard to believe......

Congratulations Bluejay!!! That's awesome!... :clap: :clap:

Yes, Penn will call you the night of your interview or the day afterwards to tell you that you got in (they won't call if you don't).

And congrats Bluejay! Is CSU your top choice? Are you going to the info. day?

Bluejay224 said:
Hey everyone!

Congrats Bluejay!! :laugh: I got in yesterday and it has made my year! Maybe I'll see you there!

HopefulUGACVM said:
Nothing from either. I do know that you won't hear from UGA until last minute (somewhere around April 1st) ... Auburn, I have no idea. I thought they notified in January or Feb though and had interviews in Feb-March.

Got my rejection from Auburn yesterday, no big surprise since they only take 10 out of staters.

Congrats Bluejay!!

Sorry Gr8Dane. Which schools are you still waiting to hear from?

skibum said:
Congrats Bluejay!!

Sorry Gr8Dane. Which schools are you still waiting to hear from?

I'm still waiting on: Davis, Western, CSU, UPenn, KSU, and Tuskegee. I've got my fingers crossed.

Members don't see this ad :)
chickenboo said:
Yes, Penn will call you the night of your interview or the day afterwards to tell you that you got in (they won't call if you don't).

And congrats Bluejay! Is CSU your top choice? Are you going to the info. day?

Thanks everyone!
It also made my year when I found out.
At this point I am about 99% sure I will go to CSU. I was accepted at MSU, but since I am a WICHE applicant, it makes no sense to go out of state unless it is the only option. How about you? I noticed a few posts back that you also got into CSU, is that your first choice?
I haven't heard about the info day yet; perhaps it will come with the official letter (I found out through a phone call today).
By the way, congratulations to you as well!!

Bluejay224 said:
Thanks everyone!
It also made my year when I found out.
At this point I am about 99% sure I will go to CSU. I was accepted at MSU, but since I am a WICHE applicant, it makes no sense to go out of state unless it is the only option. How about you? I noticed a few posts back that you also got into CSU, is that your first choice?
I haven't heard about the info day yet; perhaps it will come with the official letter (I found out through a phone call today).
By the way, congratulations to you as well!!

Davis is my top choice, although I have mixed feelings about it. :) CSU is a very, very close second. In some ways actually I hope I don't get into Davis, because then my choice would be easy! I've been living in Davis for the past 5-1/2 years now, so if I do end up going here, it'd be 10 at least before I can finally move away. For me, that's a reallllly long time to be in Davis; I'm pretty sick of the town already. But it's also about $11K cheaper a year for me to go here than it would be to go to CSU, so it wouldn't be the smartest move financially to pack up and move. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens with Davis.

Their info. day is on April 7th--there's a little blurb about it in the letter you'll get. Not sure if I'm going yet, but I'd like to.

Gr8DaneGirl said:
Got my rejection from Auburn yesterday, no big surprise since they only take 10 out of staters.

Got mine too. I actually didn't even know, I got it a couple days ago. I called my parents to find out after reading your post and my mom actually received it AND opened/read the letter but didn't bother to call me to let me know. When I asked (just wanted a yes or a no) she tried to recall the whole letter and recite it to me.

HopefulUGACVM said:
Got mine too. I actually didn't even know, I got it a couple days ago. I called my parents to find out after reading your post and my mom actually received it AND opened/read the letter but didn't bother to call me to let me know. When I asked (just wanted a yes or a no) she tried to recall the whole letter and recite it to me.

Mmmm, sounds just like my mom! Sometimes I wish I never told her I was even appling! Don't they realize you don't need to suffer though the whole letter, one glance, and in the trash! Good enough for me! Stay positive for another school!

Okay so I just got home from my interview at Penn, and we were stuck in traffic for an hour so I got home later than I should have. I saw on my caller ID that they tried calling, but I don't have an answering machine so I don't know if this is a good or bad sign. For all you future Penn interviewees, I will tell you not to worry! The faculty were INCREDIBLY nice and helpful. The interview was relaxed and I did not feel pressured at all.

HopefulUGACVM said:

Keep your chin up...you can't have pleasure (a future acceptance, maybe?) without pain.

I'm pulling for ya... :luck:

the interviews were really laid back and i felt that i had a good experience...plesantly surprised by the school. i haven't heard anything yet, let us know what they said!

--tracy

loo said:
Keep your chin up...you can't have pleasure (a future acceptance, maybe?) without pain.

I'm pulling for ya... :luck:

Thanks :) Its my first shot applying, but I'm not counting on getting in the first time around. I'm not real upset/surprised about Auburn since Im an out of stater and I have average stats. I will of course be disappointed if I don't get into UGA, but theres always next year :)

I just got a phone call from my interviewer at Penn -- I was accepted into the Class of 2010! :) I wanted to just accept the offer right then, but I think I will check out Mississippi's campus first. But I really like Penn so it will be a close call! Good Luck to everyone else who applied there -- I hope I will see you in my class!!

Congrats Abbey! Thats great! Lots of Penn people on here eh? :luck:

AbbeyRoad said:
I just got a phone call from my interviewer at Penn -- I was accepted into the Class of 2010! :) I wanted to just accept the offer right then, but I think I will check out Mississippi's campus first. But I really like Penn so it will be a close call! Good Luck to everyone else who applied there -- I hope I will see you in my class!!

Who did you interview with?

--Tracy

Thanks, HopefulUGA! Tracey, I interviewed with Dr. Martin and Dr. King.

AbbeyRoad said:
Thanks, HopefulUGA! Tracey, I interviewed with Dr. Martin and Dr. King.

I suppose the January 20 was close enough to January 15 for that pairing of interviewers to seem cute.

Hey all,

Since this thread is getting quite large, I would recommend using the threads popping up for each individual school and the Official Acceptance Thread.

I'm not going to lock this thread but I would highly recommend, for everyone's sanity, to use individual school threads. I am quite proud that we have accumulated the largest SDN vet thread ever :)