North Carolina Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waitingwaiting

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just actively joined this forum but it's been really helpful to look at it throughout this whole process. Do you think it's too late to still get any acceptances? I've been placed on HOLD at UNC but I don't have a good feeling about it. Does anyone have the inside scoop about the whole HOLD thinkg? And ECU people say that they've reviewed my application 3 times but still no decision!!! Arghhhh. I feel like it would be better to count myself out at this point to avoid the rejection depression. Any words of wisdom or advice?????

Members don't see this ad.

ECU said that most of their decisions would come in March so I wouldn't count myself out there. I don't know much about the other schools, but stay positive.

I?m in the same situation you are. I?ve been on hold since December. I think it is a bad sign. I called yesterday and they said that the decisions will be made by the second week of April and that they've given out the majority of their acceptances. I'm out of state, but I'd love to go there :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,
I just spoke to UNC people and the woman said that the class is now FULL! But she said that usually 40 to 50 people turn them down so there is movement from the waitlist.

waiting impatiently,
waitingwaiting

Hey- don't give up! I interviewed at UNC in NOVEMBER and was on "hold" ever since. Just when I had completely given up I got the news last week that I did get in . . . Before I found out, I talked to the admissions office who said that they would still make decisions until April 15th . . . Good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement ncmd! I am trying to be hopeful during this trying period in my life even though it's hard, but I know things will work out for the best! :cool:

waiting waiting,
I don't know who you called or when, but I just called and specificially asked if the class was full and she said, "no, not at this time"???????

hey waitingwaiting-
are you from NC? Have you heard from ECU yet? Have you tried writing an additional letter to each school or a letter of intent to UNC if that is your first choice? It might help to have something new in your file if they are hesitating in making a decision . . .

Hey guys,

IMM - I called this morning and talked to the woman who actually sends out all of the acceptance/reject letters and she said positively affirmitively yes, the class is full. Now all they're doing is one of two things: 1. sticking people on a waitlist or 2. rejecting them. Those decisions will be made in the next two weeks or so, I think!

ncmd - thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I am an NC resident and I have written letters to both ECU and UNC. If it doesn't work out this, I'll be hitting up those MCAT books this summer bc that's the weakest part of my application, my MCATs, 9's accross the board. I contemplated taking the April MCAT's for a while but I decided to just wait it out and see what will happen this time around.

Thanks guys!!